DISH Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support Interview Questions

Interviews at DISH

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH (Tulsa, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online, the next day they called my for a short phone interview and heard what they liked then scheduled a face-to-face interview three days after my phone interview. I showed up for the interview with a hard copy of my resume (which they did not ask for but it is professional to do so). my interviewer walked me around the facility and then back to the front desk to where the lady at the front extended an offer of employment. After she confirmed that I qualified to not partake in the drug screening and once my back round check comes back they will call me with a start date. which they did three days after my interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic character questions and call center life style questions.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for DISH

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview was an typical interview, Interviewer asked typical questions such as "What is your work experience" " Do you have experience dealing with the use of multiple screens and programs" " what are you goal" "Why Dish" and then they show you around the center and let you see what a typical work day looks like. After the interview and the walk through, they sit you and the room, go talk to a few more management personal and come back to tell you yes you have the job or no you don't.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with dual screens and working them using multiple programs?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2009.

Interview

Originally I filled out an online application, that then took me into an assessment process, (Personality math test, Intelligence Test), then into a online virtual call center skills assessment with a skill set introduction. Had I not been familiar with call center software screens and basic processes, I might have not passed.

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel that your work experience would make you an outstanding Dish employee?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, negotiation was not an option with the interviewer or talent acquisition representative, when the offer was made.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in December 2009.

Interview

Must take tests and pass. Not to difficult to pass.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They basically told me I was hired.

Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH in October 2009.

Interview

Had to take online test with about 100 "psychological profile " questions. After all was done,asked to pick an interview date, showed up at the scheduled time and found that you had to wait to be called to be given live interview date. That is not what the online application said. In addition, after the interview ended was never contacted until 6 days later and voice message said training started the next day (Monday) at 9am.

Interview Questions

• How upset will your children be if you're unable to be at their school events due to 10 hour shift?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The result of the SAT-like exam ,hourly rate was based on test score and years of customer service experience. Starting hourly rate was $17, almost the cap. Raises are very poor if you're hired at the high rate.

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in November 2009.

Interview

Not much to speak of, basically a background check and tested for warm body. You are herded into this barn like building for orientation. Whole process is reminiscent of army draft led by Boy Scout Troop Leaders.

Negotiation

There was no negotiable. You are offered a low wage ($12 as I recall) with the promise of easily attainable bonuses.

Customer Service Representative III/Tech Support Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH in April 2016.

Interview

Dish first utilizes a phone screening and if that goes well, it's followed by a lengthy in person interview after completing an online application and personality/skills assessment. I was impressed with their amenities and enjoyed the tour which unfortunately didn't change my feelings regarding their attitude towards customers. Upon arrival they asked me to listen to 2 call examples while waiting for the hiring interviewer. The tech call was great however the billing escalation call was typical of the treatment that customers have referenced when rating them among the worst companies for their customer service. The agent was rude and the sales department had obviously misled the customer with an outright misrepresentation of charges. That was the beginning of my subconscious sabotage of my interview which resulted in their not offering me a position. When I received the email to notify me a few days later, I was relieved to say the least. It wasn't the interview or the interviewer at fault so I rated that process as neutral. The issue with all TV providers is their need to be humbled by real competition. Until then they will continue to treat customers poorly.

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

It was very fast paces. Moved about quickly showing the area and the facility and what is to be expected from the job. Showed the culture of the facility, which was very casual and relaxed, not very professional. I was called in by a supervisor and he proceeded to take me to a small interview room, where the interview was conducted and then proceeded to show me the facility.