DISH HR Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH HR Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH in November 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process consisted of a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. She asked standard questions about my resume and experiences. She talked about the position and company as a whole. About a 45 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Dish? Couple behavorial questions dealing with employee relations.   Answer Question

Human Resources Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Christiansburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying I had a phone interview. After the phone screening I was asked to take a logic/reasoning test. After that test I was brought on site about a week later. I took two more test and did an interview with the HR manager. Later that day they scheduled me for a webX with a corporate manager the following week. The whole process was about 2 weeks, lots of test and interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were part of a problem. What did you do and how was it resolved?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I have applied to about 4 positions with dish. Each time, I was called within 3 business days. I did a phone interview first, and then went in for an in-person interview. For this particular position, I was a finalist, so I did a phone interview and two in-person interviews. Before the first in-person, I completed a couple assessments at the site. During the interview, you will have many opportunities to explain why you would be a good fit for dish specifically. Read up on their culture.

Human Resources Interview

Interview

Called from recruiter
    On line assessment easy
    Call for in person interview recruiter
    Interviewer was late and disorganized, walked in door to empty office and sat for 30 minutes alone
    One hour interview turned into 3 hour with interview, presentation, group chat, two online tests
    Generic rejection letter

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Chicago, IL) in March 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter then took two assessments. A week and a half later had an interview with hiring manager. Pretty generic behavioral questions were asked during both interviews. Was sent a generic rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What kind of manager are you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you didn't have all the info needed to make a decision but moved forward anyway.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Unbelievably long process had to interview with everyone up through SVP even though this was an entry level position had to send in transcripts as well took at least 3-4 intelligence tests such as the wonderlic...for being voted the worst company to work for for years can't believe this process

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you handled a huge change in your organization   Answer Question

Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Human Resources Associate position online. After about a week or so I received an email from one of their recruiters requesting to schedule a phone interview. A couple days later I had my interview. The recruiter just asked me simple questions and had discus some of the things that were listed on my resume. A few minutes after the interview was completed I received the link to take the assessment. The following week my application and assessment results were forwarded to the hiring manager. I was informed a couple days later that they were no longer considering my application.

Senior Human Resources Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online via DISH career site.
    Got email asking for interview very quickly.
    Got asked to do both a phone screen with a recruiter and a self-recorded "video interview", where you record your answers to pre-set interview questions using your computer and webcam, or phone.
    I never actually recorded the "video interview", because the application process stopped after the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• How much did you make at your last internship? What is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted about a month letter for a phone interview. Recruiter asked some behavioral questions and explained the process and benefits. For a company the size of dish network, I wouldn't expect employees to have to pay for trips and be reimbursed after. Next step was an assessment which I found to be very pointless. More questions were geared towards technical experience. Received a rejection email the day after.

Interview Questions

• describe a time where you worked with someone with a different personality than you.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Raleigh, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

Started with a phone screen, then answer a questionnaire online, then two separate phone interviews, then finally an on-site. I debating writing this after my anger passed, but then decided what the hell. Take my advice to heart if you want to work for them as anything other than a tech.

Interview Questions

• My biggest problem is not with the questions, but rather lack-thereof. So when I didn't get an offer even after a fantastic interview, I did ask for some feedback. I was told the interviewer did not think I had the metrics background that he wanted, but in our interview he never asked nor did he bring that up to me personally. I think he rejected me for an appearance reason, or worse, because my spouse is ill. So angry that I am debating an EEOC claim. Here is my honest advice: when you think you are done, literally ask if he/she has any worries that you did not touch on. I feel like my feedback was on topics that the interviewer should have raised.   Answer Question