DISH Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.4

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH (Forest Park, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

One of my best interviews I ever had. It was very open mind and made feel very comfortable so I could explain my experience along with my background as well. Interviewer was very knowledgeable about the duties and was very clear about the whole package.

Interview Questions

• What would I do when I have a task assigned with a strict deadline and attention to detail   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DISH in March 2016.

Interview

I became connected through a recruiter, the first step involved a typical phone interview where she went over the role and asked why I was interested in the position. The second step involved a SAT math and verbal test. I have not used any math since High School so I did not make it on to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions where not hard, the SAT math and verbal are more challenging. The test took an hour or so.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied with other recruiters company. The process took about 5-7 days .
    I got an email from their recruiter for the placement test .
    The test wasn't hard , some school math ex. 2+2 and etc. Some critical thinking questions and questions not related to the job position.

Field Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Farmers Branch, TX).

Interview

To start apply online, take online assessment, if you pass it someone will call and setup an interview. The interview is pretty straight forward, they ask customer oriented type question, how you would respond to certain situations. And general tech related experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences dealing with an irate customer.
      1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. Not professional. I felt rushed to get in and get out of the conference room. Lied to me and said the job was a full time and permanent position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you could be beneficial to this company   Answer Question

Programming Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Standard process, serious thorough interview. Formal note taking and rounds with 5 members of the team meant multiple conversations similar in nature one after another. Supervisor appeared overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted at the start of the interview. Made me question work atmosphere. Curiously formal process.

Interview Questions

• Thorough many questions related to whether or not I would be looking for advancement within the company. Wasn't sure which way to play that. Committed for the short term, but long term aspirations? or state that I wouldn't be looking to work my way up the ladder to show loyalty? Or some combo? didn't get the job, so never found out which answer they were seeking.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluewell, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH (Bluewell, WV) in December 2014.

Interview

Online process, phone interview, then in-person interview. Overall fairly easy, they basically just talk to you and ask questions.As long as you can talk you'll be fine.The longest process as online. and the roughest part was training.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions such as what would you do scenarios   1 Answer

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from a recruiter within a week or so for an initial phone screening. I then took their standard assessment and had a phone interview with a manager in the communications department. After that, I was invited to fly out to Denver for a face-to-face interview and more assessments.

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in June 2014.

Interview

Process took 4+ weeks.

I applied online and got contacted by a recruiter almost immediately. Wasn't even a phone interview. He asked me about myself and then proceeded to talk about the job description and what the job responsibilities entailed. I seemed intrigued so I continued. He told me I had to do an assessment online which took about 2 hours and if I passed, we would set up an interview.

I ended up passing and we set up an interview a week later. I get to the company's building and I had to take ANOTHER assessment which was something like 55 questions in 2 minutes and you got penalized for wrong answers. I rushed through it all then got to interview.

I interviewed with 5 people; 2 manager, 2 high ups; and one supervisor all in the same interview! It look about an hour to do. One supervisor was unavailable. Questions asked were along the lines of my resume and work experience. Thought the interview went really well.

About a week later, I get a call from the recruiter saying the supervisor that was unavailable would like to interview with me. I was told that it would just be one person and myself, repeatedly. He told me over the phone, when we met, and right before the interview. The interview started and 2 supervisors came in and the recruiter decided to sit in with us. The questions were tougher and very specific. If you answered in a general term, they would ask you for specific examples and then with follow up questions to that.

I thought it went well. Recruiter called a week later letting me know they would like to move forward with me. I had to sign a waiver for a background check and get a drug test. They also called my references and made sure they spoke with them. I did all of what they asked.

One week passes, nothing.

Another week passes. nothing. (mind you, i've been calling the recruiter and asking what was going on)

The next week I get a phone call from the recruiter saying they are not going to move forward with me. Thanks a lot "Dish". Worst hiring process ever.

Interview Questions

• What specifically did you do to improve at your last job?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Apply online only, have a well rounded resume, and always try to be sure your application is seen.
    This is how my Process played out ( i think)
    Apply Online
    Initial Phone Interview
    In person Interview with Operations Manager
    Drug Test
    Final Interview With Operations Manager

Once I had the in-person interview, I was told pending everything else I would be hired.

Be professional, ask questions about how their office runs/benefits/hours.

After the initial phone interview about 30 days had passed. They said they would call me about setting up the in person interview. I called them back and they had forgotten. If I had never called, I would have never gotten the job!

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time you saw a coworker doing something you knew was wrong? What actions did you take to fix it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Non-negotiable. Based on where your office is located, starting pay is around $14-$18 an hour. Work hard and you will 90% of the time have overtime.