DISH Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

75 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

International Programming Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Be prepared to jump through many hoops! Phone screen with a recruiter, online evaluation (math, reading comprehension, knowledge of technical web terms), phone interview with the hiring manager, in person online evaluation (logical, analytical), in person interview with the hiring manager (because 1 interview with them isn't enough), in person interview with a team member, in person interview with VP. A week after the "final" interview (evidently after that they would request transcripts and references for every job you have held), I hadn't heard anything so emailed the hiring manager and received an email from the recruiter saying they were pursuing other candidates. Pursuing multiple candidates for one position after the "final" interview? Sounds like they can't trust their own long process to find the correct person. Each time you think you are at the end, there is one more step.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview with the hiring manager: So I'm looking at your resume here. Can you walk me through it?   Answer Question

Content Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

Incredibly poor.
    I interviewed for two positions: International Programming Specialist at Sling TV and Content Acquisition Specialist at Dish.

All interviews took place over the phone. The Sling HR representative rescheduled our phone call TWICE, both times minutes before (very unprofessional), and she never really seemed to understand the inconvenience she was causing. Although I kept moving forward in the process, the people interviewing me made me feel as though I was incredibly undeserving of their time, or for that matter, of this job. They kept bringing attention to my lack of 'full-time employment' during the period since I had graduated with my Masters in Entertainment Business in December (during which time I have had temporary stints with major agencies and production companies in the Los Angeles entertainment industry). They kept asking me why I hadn't been able to attain a full-time job (as though I wasn't even trying to). 1. The Los Angeles industry is exponentially more difficult to attain jobs in than Denver. 2. I was working three jobs (averaging over 70+ hours a week). I wasn't slacking. I was hustling.

My final interview for the Sling position was with a VP. Her Skype audio was horrible (not to mention she had a very strong accent). Also her camera was awkwardly placed at a really high angle (on top of a elevated computer screen) so I could not even see her face, nor did she look directly at me. She didn't ask me at all about my previous positions, or about what I knew about Dish and the television industry, but just grilled me about why I was not employed full-time and why I was applying to a job in Denver. If she had simply looked at my application, she would know I was originally from Denver.

My final interview (for the Dish position) was scheduled two weeks in advance (still a phone call). Ironically, I flew back to Denver that day to visit family, and took a 6 AM flight to ensure that I was not at the airport, but was at home in a quiet place for the interview. But when I was called, I could hardly hear the exec because HE WAS AT THE AIRPORT. I could hardly hear him, and our interview kept being interrupted by PA announcements.

I had previously interviewed with NBC, Amazon, Hulu, along with many more companies in LA and I was NEVER treated nearly as bad as at Dish.. At the other companies, the HR reps had fully reviewed my credentials and were able to have in-depth conversations with me.

Admittedly I don't think I was a perfect fit for either positions or the teams which were involved. But Dish truly needs to value their applicant's time as well as their previous experiences. My experience with Dish was absolutely disgraceful, and I understand why this company has such a horrible reputation.

Interview Questions

• When will you be moving to Denver?   1 Answer

Inventory Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Forest Park, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH (Forest Park, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

One of my best interviews I ever had. It was very open mind and made feel very comfortable so I could explain my experience along with my background as well. Interviewer was very knowledgeable about the duties and was very clear about the whole package.

Interview Questions

• What would I do when I have a task assigned with a strict deadline and attention to detail   1 Answer

Business Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DISH in March 2016.

Interview

I became connected through a recruiter, the first step involved a typical phone interview where she went over the role and asked why I was interested in the position. The second step involved a SAT math and verbal test. I have not used any math since High School so I did not make it on to the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions where not hard, the SAT math and verbal are more challenging. The test took an hour or so.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied with other recruiters company. The process took about 5-7 days .
    I got an email from their recruiter for the placement test .
    The test wasn't hard , some school math ex. 2+2 and etc. Some critical thinking questions and questions not related to the job position.

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, in-person interview, multiple competency tests online. I met with HR in person and 4 members of the marketing team. They asked questions and told me about the strict 'don't be late for work' policy. I took a day off of work for the interview and never heard back from them about the job one way or another. I met someone in HR who told me the job just sat open for months.

Field Service Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Farmers Branch, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Farmers Branch, TX).

Interview

To start apply online, take online assessment, if you pass it someone will call and setup an interview. The interview is pretty straight forward, they ask customer oriented type question, how you would respond to certain situations. And general tech related experience questions.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your experiences dealing with an irate customer.
      .   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. Not professional. I felt rushed to get in and get out of the conference room. Lied to me and said the job was a full time and permanent position.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you could be beneficial to this company   Answer Question

Programming Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Standard process, serious thorough interview. Formal note taking and rounds with 5 members of the team meant multiple conversations similar in nature one after another. Supervisor appeared overwhelmed, stressed and exhausted at the start of the interview. Made me question work atmosphere. Curiously formal process.

Interview Questions

• Thorough many questions related to whether or not I would be looking for advancement within the company. Wasn't sure which way to play that. Committed for the short term, but long term aspirations? or state that I wouldn't be looking to work my way up the ladder to show loyalty? Or some combo? didn't get the job, so never found out which answer they were seeking.   Answer Question

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bluewell, WV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISH (Bluewell, WV) in December 2014.

Interview

Online process, phone interview, then in-person interview. Overall fairly easy, they basically just talk to you and ask questions.As long as you can talk you'll be fine.The longest process as online. and the roughest part was training.

Interview Questions

• Asked questions such as what would you do scenarios   1 Answer