DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

2.6

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Call/Email same day from Dish Recruiter to do 15 minute phone interview. Set up time for next day. Interview over the phone is background and why applying for the job questions. Appointment set up for following day to interview. Greeted by person - extreme casual dress code (hoodie type top and jeans), but I was asked to "dress to impress". Taken on tour of the floor and various areas including a wall showing top performers on the left side and bad performers on the right side. Noticed the person had trouble determining what to call the "right side" people. Interview was background first, talk about experience, then several STAR based situational management questions. Then led out of the building and told to expect to hear within a week to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when an angry customer called. How did you manage the call and what was the result?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

Not complete or detail oriented in screening or interviewing process. One or two rounds of one-on-one interviews are usually conducted. Typical sales related questions. Basically looking for anyone with warm blood.

Field Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview included questions about previous income, which is illegal to ask here in CA. Companies routinely ask this to try to recruit someone willing to accept a lower salary than other candidates would accept.

Interview Questions

• How much was your last salary?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I had several rounds, first was pre-qualifying tests and then a Skype interview with a recruiter. After that I was asked to submit a video cover letter answering three easy questions.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was invited to take their online web assessment. Passed and recruiter set me up with an interview with someone from corporate. Was then moved onto the final video cover letter. Took about 2-3 weeks to hear back. Overall, great experience but highly competitive.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO) in September 2015.

Interview

Interview process was phone call with recruiter. An assessment was also taken online. I had a skype call with director since I was out of state. Then flew out to Denver for in person interview which was a couple hours long meeting with manager and team and interviews done by a couple different people on the team.

Interview Questions

• Did you directly work with other managers and directors one on one without your team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DISH in January 2017.

Interview

Applied Online, completed a "Video Cover Letter", a 2 minute elevator pitch on myself as a candidate for the applied position. Next I had a 30 minute Skype interview with a manager from a department I selected as my preference.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you put the customer first   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harlingen, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Harlingen, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

I was told to come at a certain day. Once I got there I was sent to a lab to be drug tested and came back for the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an upset customer?   1 Answer

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DISH in September 2017.

Interview

Recruiter vets you via phone call, sets up an in-person interview with nearest office. I arrived 15min early for my interview and was told the manager I was to interview with was not in today as he was promoted and moved away. I was interviewed by a supervisor who haphazardly went through with the interview, stopping a couple of times...once for a phone call and once to assist another newer field tech who came back to the office. Wasn't the most professional of interviews or settings, although I got the impression he was trying his best under the circumstances. Was told after 45min interview that I should expect to hear back from someone in about 1-2 weeks. That never happened.

Interview Questions

• when was the last time you faced a challenge, what was it and how do you overcome it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Christiansburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Christiansburg, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

A recruiter calls you to do a ten to fifth teen minute phone interview asked a few questions then if you do well they set up a face to face interview

Interview Questions

• how would I handle a upset customer?   1 Answer