DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2018

2.6

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH in November 2017.

Interview

The first part of the interview process consisted of a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. She asked standard questions about my resume and experiences. She talked about the position and company as a whole. About a 45 minute interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to work for Dish? Couple behavorial questions dealing with employee relations.   Answer Question

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Roseland, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Roseland, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

its an over the phone interview take approximately 10-15 mins asks you a few questions and scenarios and how much they will pay you also if you pass the phone interview then they pass you over for a face to face interview they will not accept rescheduling at all do be sure to tell the the best day that fits your needs.

Interview Questions

• do you have any pending vacations holidays leaves or anything that means you will be needing any time off?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

This process was doomed from the start. I applied on their website for a Full Stack Developer position. I received an email from their recruiter to set up a phone screen for the Senior Java Engineer position (which I did not apply for). During the phone screen, I told the recruiter that I did not apply for that role which she understood. She asked typical background information and then told me to take their questionnaire test. The questionnaire was divided into 3 sections (math, english, technical). After this I set up the third stage which was a WebEx technical interview. The day leading up to the technical interview, I received 2 rejection emails (one for a Software Engineer II position and the other for a Software Engineer I position). I still did the WebEx tech interview which was a standard tech interview. After this step, I received a rejection email for the Senior Java Engineer role. At this point, I didn't even bother to try and correct them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you taught yourself how to learn an unfamiliar language.   Answer Question

Human Resources Screener Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Littleton, CO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Littleton, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

applied and tested through a staffing agency - resume submitted interview scheduled after about a week. Interviewer unorganized forgot about interview, interviewed in room that had not been cleaned for some time, he needed another copy of resume, was surprised to know someone else was scheduled and waiting in lobby to interview for same position.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you
      Tell me about how your organizational skills
      What makes you want to work for this company
      Tell me about yourself   Answer Question

Event Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview (followed by some on-line testing) followed by an in-person interview (again, followed by some silly on-site testing) a few weeks later and then another phone interview w/ another manager who wasn't able to join the in-person interview. HR/Recruiter was very nice and communicated well UNTIL following the in-person interview. In fact, over the next month following my interview, there was no-follow up at all, nor would he/she return my emails. Then, almost 2 months later, I get the standard "after careful consideration, we have decided to move forward with another candidate..." email. I was very put off that after ALL the testing and time I put into the process, that they went cold in communicating; I deserved better.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experience   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I had several rounds, first was pre-qualifying tests and then a Skype interview with a recruiter. After that I was asked to submit a video cover letter answering three easy questions.

Field Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interview included questions about previous income, which is illegal to ask here in CA. Companies routinely ask this to try to recruit someone willing to accept a lower salary than other candidates would accept.

Interview Questions

• How much was your last salary?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

Met them at a career fair and was invited to take their online web assessment. Passed and recruiter set me up with an interview with someone from corporate. Was then moved onto the final video cover letter. Took about 2-3 weeks to hear back. Overall, great experience but highly competitive.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISH in October 2017.

Interview

First there was a phone interview that lasted no more than 10 mins. Basically she asked a few questions about my previous jobs then went on to give me some background information about Dish. I was then scheduled for a in person interview. We went over my resume and I had to answer a couple of scenario questions. At the end of the interview she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you experienced a technical problem and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Customer Support Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DISH (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Call/Email same day from Dish Recruiter to do 15 minute phone interview. Set up time for next day. Interview over the phone is background and why applying for the job questions. Appointment set up for following day to interview. Greeted by person - extreme casual dress code (hoodie type top and jeans), but I was asked to "dress to impress". Taken on tour of the floor and various areas including a wall showing top performers on the left side and bad performers on the right side. Noticed the person had trouble determining what to call the "right side" people. Interview was background first, talk about experience, then several STAR based situational management questions. Then led out of the building and told to expect to hear within a week to two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when an angry customer called. How did you manage the call and what was the result?   Answer Question