DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with basic interview questions. They then sent me a questionare with three different parts, which had a basic stats section, a reading sorta deal, and an internet section. Still haven't heard back from them

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I completed an application and was later contacted by a recruiter for an initial interview. The interview went well and they later sent me an online assessment. I completed it and was later told that I passed. After that I was supposed to be interviewed by a hiring manager for the position. The feedback I received from recruiters led me to believe that I was doing well. A month and a half later, I received an e-mail stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly I was asked about the work i had done on my former projects   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

When I applied, I was required to do some on line practice scenarios. After the practice scenarios, I was contacted by a person from their headquarters in Denver who did a phone screening. I arrived at the interview and was given more sample phone conversations to listen to and then I was given a tour of the facility, followed by the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific instance of when you provided quality customer service.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

This process was very strange. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked very typical interview questions and arranged another interview with a hiring manager. After nearly a week I was contacted by a different recruiter about the same role and scheduled a time to talk with him. During this interview I was asked all the same questions. I told this to the recruiter and he didn't really respond. After this interview, I had a Skype interview with a hiring manager that went very well. Next, I was flown out to the HQ where I was told I would be meeting with a few people. When I arrived I met with the recruiter I had been in contact with and I took two assessment tests on a computer. These were not terribly difficult. Following this, I met with the hiring manager I had the Skype interview with. Our conversation was strange because he didn't seem to remember talking just days before. He asked me very similar questions and had trouble focusing. He looked visibly tired and was sweating. I made the best of it and met with another manager that was no longer in the department. We had a good conversation and I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Unfortunately, he also asked the same questions that I received over and over again (including a strengths and weakness question). At this point I was bored and only wanted to have a genuine conversation with anyone passionate about their job or the company. Subsequently, I was told that I may or may not be meeting with a director that was in a meeting. I waited around for about 20 minutes and then was told she was stuck in a meeting. Finally, the recruiter directed me out of the office and asked me to send him to send him my travel expenses. I did this a few days later and have never received a check in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths vs. weaknesses

Tell me about your self?

Are you sure you want to do this?
      2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX).

Interview

The interview was fine. I was actually excited about working here....little did i know what awaited me...The environment is highly stressful. You are expected to do a billion things at once, with coaches breathing down ur neck.

Interview Questions

• Previous employers and skills   1 Answer

Sling TV Assistant Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO).

Interview

Just did the first part that is an informal phone interview followed by assessment test. The test required about 70 min. Everything is timed. The first part of the test were math and logic questions 3m for each question. Same thing for the second part that was reading and understanding. The third and last part were tech 14min for 40 questions. After that there will be another phone interview to decide if they want to meet face to face. So it is a 4 part process.

Dish Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DISH (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Basic questions can you lift 100lbs. Can you work on your own. Are you self motivated they let you know it is a tough job and that most people don't make it past the first month. You have a 4 week training two weeks at a training center and two weeks on the job with someone

Business Operations Analyst II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, asked basic questions, about where I had worked previously and what I did at my last job, why did I quit, how do you see your self fit for this position?

Social Media Lead - Sling Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

I had one phone screen with the recruiter and then a 1 hour phone interview with the hiring manager. I was then flown out to Denver for a round of in-person interviews. I met with 4 people for 30 minutes each and had to take 1 hour of online tests. Everyone was nice, pleasant, and seemed to have great things to say about Sling. I received an update from the recruiter the Monday after my interview telling me that the team was moving forward with me. It was a very quick and pleasant process overall.

Interview Questions

• What would you do differently for the social media for this company?   Answer Question

Installation Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harvey, ND

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Harvey, ND) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and easy. Since I'm a "Remote" Installer the interview was conducted by phone with a follow-up site inspection and residence visit from my manager.