DISH Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DISH Interview Questions

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

FSS1 Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH.

Interview

I was sat down for a 1st interview and talked to interviewer about previous work experience. He then told me what dish is like. I impressed him and asked if i could stick around for a 2nd interview with the im. Talked with her snd got a call a week later to start (this was 10 years ago and is not the same process now)

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (New York, NY).

Interview

Emailed me to schedule a phone interview. Called me to do the phone interview. Emailed me weeks later saying they had better candidates. It seemed like kind of standard procedure for such a large organization as they are.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

very long, very boring, and they really grill you. It isn't a fun experience kind of feels like they are testing your knowledge the whole way. The two gentlemen conducting it were very odd people with little to no personality, showing how stiff the culture truly was.

Field Service Technician Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on their website. After answering a questionnaire I was guided to take a test. The test is about personality and basics math problems. Next I received a phone call from HR and was interviewed. All went well and HR scheduled a face to face interview with a manager at the local dish center. It went really well. But when I got home I did more researches on the company and I found out that it has been voted worst place to work at fir two years straight. I am glad I didn't fit the position.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you were proud of what you did?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (Denver, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with basic interview questions. They then sent me a questionare with three different parts, which had a basic stats section, a reading sorta deal, and an internet section. Still haven't heard back from them

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DISH in December 2016.

Interview

I completed an application and was later contacted by a recruiter for an initial interview. The interview went well and they later sent me an online assessment. I completed it and was later told that I passed. After that I was supposed to be interviewed by a hiring manager for the position. The feedback I received from recruiters led me to believe that I was doing well. A month and a half later, I received an e-mail stating that they were moving forward with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Mostly I was asked about the work i had done on my former projects   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

When I applied, I was required to do some on line practice scenarios. After the practice scenarios, I was contacted by a person from their headquarters in Denver who did a phone screening. I arrived at the interview and was given more sample phone conversations to listen to and then I was given a tour of the facility, followed by the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a specific instance of when you provided quality customer service.   1 Answer

Global Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Skills Assessments, Mock feedback assessment, Face to face interview with 2 supervisors. Questions were relatively easy and required a basic understanding of the position. They were mainly looking for me to present how my previous work would qualify me as a good fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISH (Englewood, CO).

Interview

This process was very strange. I was contacted by a recruiter and scheduled a phone interview. I was asked very typical interview questions and arranged another interview with a hiring manager. After nearly a week I was contacted by a different recruiter about the same role and scheduled a time to talk with him. During this interview I was asked all the same questions. I told this to the recruiter and he didn't really respond. After this interview, I had a Skype interview with a hiring manager that went very well. Next, I was flown out to the HQ where I was told I would be meeting with a few people. When I arrived I met with the recruiter I had been in contact with and I took two assessment tests on a computer. These were not terribly difficult. Following this, I met with the hiring manager I had the Skype interview with. Our conversation was strange because he didn't seem to remember talking just days before. He asked me very similar questions and had trouble focusing. He looked visibly tired and was sweating. I made the best of it and met with another manager that was no longer in the department. We had a good conversation and I enjoyed the time I spent with him. Unfortunately, he also asked the same questions that I received over and over again (including a strengths and weakness question). At this point I was bored and only wanted to have a genuine conversation with anyone passionate about their job or the company. Subsequently, I was told that I may or may not be meeting with a director that was in a meeting. I waited around for about 20 minutes and then was told she was stuck in a meeting. Finally, the recruiter directed me out of the office and asked me to send him to send him my travel expenses. I did this a few days later and have never received a check in the mail.

Interview Questions

• Strengths vs. weaknesses

Tell me about your self?

Are you sure you want to do this?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Paso, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISH (El Paso, TX).

Interview

The interview was fine. I was actually excited about working here....little did i know what awaited me...The environment is highly stressful. You are expected to do a billion things at once, with coaches breathing down ur neck.

Interview Questions

• Previous employers and skills   1 Answer