DISYS Interview Questions in Washington, DC | Glassdoor

2.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I worked with Dayna Corona, an Executive Recruiter. It was the best candidate experience I have ever had. Dayna is a professional and a testament to what executive recruitment should be.

Interview Questions

• Any company that checks for fit within an organization is a company you should apply to. The key to professional success is being a fit for the organization you are going to serve. I was not only asked questions pertaining to my role, but had a personality assessment and candidate presentation to complete.   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mc Lean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DISYS (Mc Lean, VA).

Interview

HR contacted me via Linked In. We scheduled an in person interview. I completed the interview. Then followed up with them for maybe a month before receiving the job offer.

Interview Questions

• I got a question regarding a software program that I wasn't familiar with   1 Answer

Executive Assistant/Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISYS (Washington, DC).

Interview

It was fairly fast. I was contacted via LinkedIn that there was a position that was open for one of their clients. I had my initial phone screening with the first interviewer the next day, she didn't really ask that many questions, she basically just told me what the position was, then asked me for my salary requirements. Asked me about any vacations I was going to take in the near future, she even sent me their Healthcare package information. The following day I had another meeting with another interview whom worked closely with the company that I was interviewing for. Her interview was more thorough, she asked me about my work experience, what I was looking to get out of the position and kind of explain why I thought I would be a good fit. At the end of the interview she said she thought I was a strong candidate, and that she would forward my resume on for review and follow up to schedule an in person interview. I had already decided even if I didn't get the position that I was going to ask them about other open positions, it is what they do. However I feel like after it was decided that I was not going to get the job, and I tried to speak with them about other opportunities the tone of the email was completely different. Kind of brushing me off, but everything happens for a reason. My advice to anyone who gets a call from them is not to get worked up because when you speak with them it seems as though you already have the job. Try to keep a level head and remember that they are on a deadline to fill a position it may very well just be you, but it could also be several others. Don't get your hopes up!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about your background and what you do currently at your present job?   Answer Question

Systems Engineer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a call from a recruiter who asked about my background in the tech industry and what was important to me, this was a phone screen. The first actual interview was onsite where I spoke with the director and the infrastructure team. They asked questions about my experience, how and what I thought about scenarios, and what things were important to me. The 2nd onsite interview was with the VP in which he was trying to gauge how I would fit in. He asked some technical questions but mostly questions related to interactions with people and my thoughts on it.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

I spoke with my potential boss twice on the phone, then proceeded to meet in person with two different Senior Account Executives. It mostly seemed like they were trying to figure out if I could handle this type of environment. They gave me a long tour of the office. Then I spoke with my boss again on the phones afterwards who extended a formal offer.

PM Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA).

Interview

The interview process was OK. The panel reviewed the resume and asked questions relevant to the role that they were hiring for. Some situational based questions were also asked.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

I was contacted for an initial phone screening that went really well. After that I received a call two days later for a face to face interview with my possible boss, the interview went great even though the position did not sound interesting or challenging at all. Three days later I received a call for a second interview with the HR director who didn't seem interested in the interview at all. He even mentioned some personal facts but got upset when I ask for growth opportunities within the company. I followed up and was told I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Can you pay attention to detail?
      Are you a positive person?   Answer Question

Operations/Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Contacted by Recruiter and completed a short phone screening. One week later, interviewed with a staff member, as well as Senior Executive. Sent thank you emails and updates on position. Did not hear back until one month later that company was going in "another direction".

Interview Questions

• They asked basic questions. Fairly easy. However, very transparent in the reasons they gave me for concerns, which may hinder moving forward in process. The reasons given were totally against Title VIII - employment practices and you would think in today's world Manager's would know better   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

The corporate in-house recruiter contacted me by phone, then sent an email to submit the full job description. This stated that if I was interested in moving forward to send an updated resume and 3 references. Following that phase, I was asked for an in-person first interview. The hiring manager asked for a sample presentation showing specific and detailed instructions for a process of my choice to an audience that knows nothing about the process. Then, I was called for a 2nd interview request, the presentation was performed. I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Can you interpret technical language into easy to understand learning materials, step processes and training tools?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate the salary expected for a position of this level, requirements and responsibilities, considering my competencies, opting for commissions and benefits. Advice to any candidate is to ask for what you want for a salary considering your background and experience level and what you think you are worth as compared to other candidates, what has been explained are the job requirements and the industry of your profession.

Consultant Liaison Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DISYS (McLean, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Met with one of the VP in McLean, VA and he scheduled to set me up with the office managing director. I met with the MD as well as an account executive and their current consultant liaison.