DLA Piper Legal Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DLA Piper Legal Assistant Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Legal Assistant Interview

Interview

Digital screening session consisted of video interview plus word process, excel and powerpoint questions and behavioral based questions. it took me about 1- 1.5hr.
The video interview was quite awkward. it is not personal at all. I felt like I was talking to myself and watching your self on the monitor was bit weird.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DLA Piper

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper (San Jose, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of being contacted by email for a video interview. It was straightforward. This was followed by a skills assessment which they encourage you to complete within 48 hours. This was onerous in the sense that it was long (3 hours) and asked detailed questions about MS Word and Outlook that few would know off the top of their head. The worst aspect of this experience is despite contacting them numerous times, they never got back to me about the status of my application. For a firm of this size and reputation, it truly shows that they don't pay attention to detail and truly don't care about staff which is reflected in most of the reviews I read on Glassdoor. For having given up hours of my time to apply to this position, I expected, at a minimum, a response from them regarding the status of my application.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about DLA Piper - why would you want to work for us.   Answer Question
    • Discuss times that you've been part of a team professionally speaking.   Answer Question
    • What is your practice group experience? Do you have any corporate experience?   Answer Question
    • Explain a time you used technology to make things more productive/efficient.   Answer Question
    • Current level of compensation and expected level of compensation.   Answer Question
    • Why would you be a great fit at DLA Piper?   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DLA Piper in September 2009.

Interview

Very informal. More personality type questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Accepted offer.