DMA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DMA Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2017

2.7

Compliance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DMA.

Interview

1 Interview with 2 supervisors, and an excel test at the end of the interview. The excel test was only to show you have basic knowledge, and nothing in depth.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you can do all the work mentioned in the job description?   Answer Question

Cloud Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DMA (Fort Wayne, IN) in December 2016.

Interview

Was contacted soon after applying for an on-site interview. Interview went well, I thought, was told I would be contacted in a few weeks with a decision, never was. Disappointing they can't take 5 minutes and tell you that you didn't get the job when you take the time to come in for an interview.

Interview Questions

• Recent failure at your job   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DMA (Indianapolis, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online to DMA. Less than a week later, I was invited for an onsite interview. I show up for the interview, granted it was on casual Friday, but my interviewers were in jeans and sweatshirts. I felt very overdressed. They spent a lot of time explaining the company, and then they asked me a few questions. Then there was time for me to ask them questions. Eventually he told me I was qualified for the position but they needed someone immediately, and I still had a couple months until graduation.

Implementation Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DMA in January 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with two supervisors. The interview was great; the interviewers were well prepared, took notes on the answers and took turns asking the questions. The interview was divided into background review, behavorial questions and "what if" sections and took about 2 hours. Also an Excel skills assessment was given for this position. The receptionist was very nice.

Interview Questions

• Say you have a deadline you have to meet in two hours. Another employee comes to you and asks you to do a job for them that you can do more quickly. How would you respond?   Answer Question
    • What do you feel was your greatest achievement?   1 Answer
    • Given an example of a time when you went above and beyond the call of duty in a job.   1 Answer
    • Describe a difficult coworker you had and how you dealt with it.   1 Answer
    • A customer needs to add some additional compliance measures. How would you persuade the customer to accept them?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DMA (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

I spoke to a recruiter in person at a job fair. I was contacted via email with positions that suit my skills. They set up an interview. I had one interview and within a week received a call with an offer.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DMA.

Interview

It was very a very enjoyable interview. I was greeted by a friendly face upon entering the building and waited just a moment for my two interviewers to get ready.

The interview lasted about 45 minutes and it ranged from formal questioning, to chit chat about things we like to do when we aren't working. It was probably the most comfortable interview I had ever had.

Property Tax Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DMA (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I received a call two to four weeks after I applied. The phone called was followed up by an email. Interview was very relaxed. Interviewer was very nice. Because the job was considered entry level, I was asked about experiences and courses I took in college.

Interview Questions

• What college course did you enjoy?
      What did you not get out of college that you wish you would have received?
      What is your five year career plan?
      Answer Question

Associate Tax Consultant-Property Tax Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DMA (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Was contacted by HR for a interview a week from initial interview. Went in to the interview not knowing what to expect. Learned a lot about the company during the interview and the interviewer seemed to know a lot about the job and seemed to care. Basic situational/behavioral questions were asked. Lasted about an hour. Nothing too difficult as long as you prepare. Make sure to ask a lot of questions as well, they encourage it. Was offered the position the next day.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you over other applicants?
      Tell me about a time effective communication was important?
      Tell me about a leadership role you've had?
      What do you know about the company?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Quick,easy, painless.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DMA in June 2014.

Interview

I had three interviews, the first a phone screen, the second an in person interview with the Manager at the office I applied to, the third, a phone interview with the VP of the Technology Division. The first, was a phone screen to make sure that I was somewhat competent. The second, was far more in depth and lasted almost an hour and a half. It was actually more about what DMA does and what the position will entail than it was about me, although the common interview questions were asked. The third was a half hour phone interview that consisted of some fairly intense "Life-Decisions" questions, ex. "Why do you want to work at a Tax Firm when you know very little about Tax in general?", "Do you understand that you are not going to be able to comprehend most everything in this industry for almost 2 years, and even then you will not be able to speak intelligently to all of it?" Overall: Just make sure you don't sound like a babbling idiot and have a good work ethic.

Interview Questions

• Questions were fairly routine, but what was most difficult part of the interview was relating prior experience to Tax and Tax Technology, especially as this is an entry level position. Don't sound incompetent, and try to have a good idea of what DMA does as a whole, the technologies used, and why the services and products provided are imperative to clients.   Answer Question

Negotiation

None. I received a phone call with an offer and took it.

Associate Tax Consultant - Sales & Use Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DMA (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

They called me in for an in-person interview. When I arrived, I was greeted by two managers wearing jeans, casual shirts, and tennis shoes. I was dressed in a formal business suit. I thought that was interesting that they didn't mention attire. Normally I would expect a company with such casual dress to let me know not to overdress.

The first question was, "Tell me about yourself." I answered that with no problem, describing my background very briefly. I waited for the next question, but they started looking back and forth at each other. It was clear that these men were not prepared with any interview questions. They stumbled through some basic questions, such as "what did you do at your previous job." It was like they had never seen my resume before that moment. They asked me what questions I had for them (as though they wanted me to conduct the interview!?!). After I spoke for a few minutes, they once again asked what I did at my last job. They were not listening to anything I said.

The interview ended after less than 10 minutes because they couldn't think of any more questions or anything else to say. The whole experience was very strange, to say the least. At first I thought they already had an internal candidate in mind and were just wasting my time so they could go through the process of interviewing people. After thinking about it, I don't think that was the case. Each of them told me they had been with the company ten years. It's a small office and very informally run. I really think they were looking for a guy who could be their "buddy" to hang out with during work hours. Very unprofessional and not a good experience.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask questions! That was a first for me...   1 Answer