DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DNEG Interview Questions

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Lighting TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai (India)) in January 2018.

Interview

Applied and got a call within a week. So fast and quick. Got a telephonic section with CG Sup for Lighting TD post. Cg sup was calm and very friendly.

Lighting Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

The interview(Mumbai branch) lasted mere 2 minutes, it appears it was only a formality and the interviewer had already decided not to hire me, maybe because of his insecurity or reasons beyond my understanding.

Interview Questions

• only one question was asked DO you know Image-based Lighting?   1 Answer

FX TD Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2011.

Interview

A telephone call, very informal, where I talked about the projects. They were more explaining about the projects than asking about my background or skills. At the end they asked me if I had any other offer and short after they email me with theirs.

FX Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Three days later I got the mail for a phone interview. Setting up the interview date and time was quite straight forward. The call itself was very easy going and overall a great talk. There were two people. One of them did the main talking and the other was part of the department mostly listening. We discussed my reel and experience. Then they told me a bit about the current and upcoming projects and a bit about the general structure of the company. Overall I had a good feeling and it seemed they liked my reel and the experience/knowledge I have. I was told to hear from them after a week but nothing happened. I got another job but was curious, so after two months I asked if there were any updates and was told that they would look into it. Didn't have anyone get back to me since then.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging project/shot you worked on and why?   1 Answer
    • Do you prefer creating setups or rather shot based?   1 Answer
    • What is your experience with VEX?   1 Answer
    • When could you start and what is your expected salary?   Answer Question

Character Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Overall easy and friendly interview. They said they are very interested and will be in contact as soon as the position is open. However later they told me they want someone with experience.

CG Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moscow (Russia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Moscow (Russia)) in November 2015.

Interview

I`ve got in touch via email at fisrt. Then we`ve booked a phone interview in a week. There typical questions about experience: where i worked and what projects i like. Also HRs described me the projects i`am going to work at and the tools they use

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging shot in my reel.   1 Answer

Negotiation

First acquaintance

Pipeline Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

Technical Test and then two interviews, one with Pipeline Supervisors and another with Head of Pipeline and Head of Technology. Questions were based on experience and test, mostly about past experience and things written in the resume and questions about future plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on resume and the performance in the technical test.   1 Answer

Roto Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

They sat with me in a small room with a laptop or ipad, and went through my reel shot by shot. Made comments on how to improve it. f

Interview Questions

• They asked what particular techniques I used for my compositing shot, keying approach and color correction methodology. Also what I'd expect.   Answer Question

R&D Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

Laid back. Everyone was really easy to talk to. There were no hugely technical, or hard to answer, questions and I didn't have to do programming test - although I think this may have changed. Ugh!

Interview Questions

• Given our description of the teams, where do you think you would best fit?   1 Answer

Matchmove Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

they call me for an interview, it went well, they ask me my experience and where i worked before, the guy was friendly and nice, he let me know if i was hired after a week. an important aspect ( he told me) was how i would approach with other people, my attitude, they like to create teams that work well together.