DNEG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DNEG

2.3

Tech Runner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Got an email to arrange a phone interview. It lasted about 30 minutes, and was asked to describe myself and what softwares I know. They then explained the role and the type of people they hired typically people wanting to go into the Tech Support side.

Only issue was for a week after the interview I was getting a call from the number at 7 am every day. Only two rings so I missed it every time and was not able to call back on the same number.

Graduate Trainee Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in June 2016.

Interview

Approximately 30 Graduates were invited to London for an assessment day. In the morning everybody had to present his showreel with short Q&A (each 10 minutes). After lunch (provided by DNeg) there was a round of speedinterviews in the afternoon. There were 6 interviewers and everyone asked questions for four minutes. Then you had to continue with the next interviewer.

RND Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

Thorough, standard interview process. Consisted of 3 interviews with more and more degrees of specific questioning. All very professional and friendly. This was a long time ago, and I can't really pad this out to an extra 50 words.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not really, was offered an amount, and took it.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

The hiring process was one of the best I've come across. I applied online and I was contacted 2 months later. They communicated with me very well throughout the process and never left me in the dark about what was going on ( I wish more studios did this).

I was interviewed on Skype by a supervisor and the recruiter. Mostly talked about my previous experience and their projects and the role.

Senior Matchmove and Rotoanim Artist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DNEG (Mumbai (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

one on one interview consisting of a conversation between a job applicant and a representative.
    one day or two day test will be conducted, to prove your skills on the job your are applying for.
    do the test well.

Interview Questions

• General Questions about the role.   1 Answer

Paint Artist (Stereo Conversion) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG (Singapore (Singapore)) in December 2015.

Interview

Questions was asked swiftly and with respecting the Artist's work in mind in relation to the applied position. The interviewer was very clear in asking questions and answering questions.

Compositing Academy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (London, England (UK)).

Interview

It was a very brief phone interview that lasted around 20 minutes. It was mostly about my showreel and a scenario question. It was a friendly interview and very casual speaking with a senior at the company who had a lot of experience.

Interview Questions

• What's your favourite shot on your reel?   Answer Question
    • How could you make that shot better?   Answer Question
    • If you were to comp an alien into a supermarket, what would be the steps you would take to make it look realistic?   Answer Question

Build Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNEG (Seoul (South Korea)) in October 2018.

Interview

They called me since I was in South Korea , it was 3 times of call I guess and each call had a term like few weeks. It took around 15-30mins for interviewing.

Animator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNEG.

Interview

Informal chat with the anim supes and an artist manager. We discussed the projects currently in production and what working on them would entail. The whole process took around a half hour and felt more like a chat with friends than a job interview.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall specific questions as, often times these "interviews" are treated more as a conversation to get a feel for your personality/history as an artist. Things that usually get touched on are what your artistic background is, what you'd like to get out of a specific project (if anything) and whether or not you'd be interested in what they're working on at the time of the interview.   1 Answer

Compositor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNEG (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

My interview was with 2 leads and head of HR from Vancouver Anita. It was easy going . They gave me an offer the day of the interview. Make sure to negotiate with them because their initial offer is complete garbage. Please don't accept any offer under 17-18$. As this will effectively hurt any new artist applying by keeping the salary for these jobs low wage. Especially for the stereo/ stereo compositing department.

Interview Questions

• Experience with Fusion?   1 Answer
    • Exeprience with stereo conversionand what you knowledge of stereo conversion is?   1 Answer