DNV GL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DNV GL Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Junior Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DNV GL in October 2017.

Interview

First phone screen interview was with HR in the Midwest. Second phone interview sent up for the following week with the hiring manager. The second interview was a test for how well I would fit with the team and level of experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you applied for this position.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chalfont, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DNV GL (Chalfont, PA) in August 2017.

Interview

I have been interviewed 3 times during months of July and August. Since then nothing. No communications whatsoever. I think it is highly unprofessional on the HR folks over and DNV GL. Closing the loop with those they interviewed is the minimum they could do.

Energy Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNV GL.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR to set up an interview a few weeks later. Initial interview with HR is approx 30 mins and covers mostly general HR type questions (do you need sponsorship, are you willing to relocate, etc). After HR screens you, your resume and their notes are passed on to the specific hiring manager. The last and final interview with the hiring manager are either in person or via skype.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are the best candidate for this job?   Answer Question
    • Explain your salary requirements // What do you need to relocate   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNV GL (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with 2 members of management on site. Casual approach to interview and they mostly wanted to know who I was and what I did. They asked some tough, direct and pertinent questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your previous position   1 Answer

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNV GL in February 2017.

Interview

First phone interview with HR, second phone interview one week later with Energy Department. Phone calls were on time and company responded quickly after first interview. Did not hear back after second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult team member and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

Very poor interview. Seemed like they didn't care from the beginning. Only asked a few questions and relied on me asking questions as a large portion of the interview. They probably already picked a candidate.

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNV GL (Oakland, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then I was selected for interview, which the process took around 2 weeks.
    The interview went prety well and I was expecting to progress to the next stage (the interviewer was telling me there would be an assessment test). But after 2 weeks they informed me that they have selected someone else.

Interview Questions

• It was more of behavioral questions since I didn't make it to the technical stage   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DNV GL (New York, NY).

Interview

Preliminary interview with a human resources specialist at a national office, conducted over the over the phone. That is required to determine whether to refer a candidate to the hiring manager.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNV GL (Dublin, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: easy questions about what you know about the company, why you would want to work for them, and what previous experience you've had with an HR manager from a different state

2. Online character assessment: unique assessment like none I've ever taken that sees how competitive you are and how well you can work with others

3. In person interview: 3 hour long panel style interview, no tours, just 3 hours of questions, the questions are easy and some are repetitive, make sure you pay attention to what information about the company/ position they tell you and also make sure you know about data analytics and excel

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I found this process with a recruiter to be very unprofessional and dishonest. Was unable to answer my questions because he is not technical, and focused on the integrity exemplified by this company. So much so that while he was acting in a manner that is very unprofessional (I was just focused on the company and not how this recruiter made me feel as he was trying to get 'fresh'), I received a generic decline letter, but to please apply for more. It had his contact information there. I sought feedback via phone and email to make sure something wasn't misinterpreted and I never received a reply. Such integrity... I applied for a duplicate position and received a generic decline email, but now he removed his contact information. I applied for a lower position 'in-training' and the same thing. Integrity? Then I tried to get in contact with someone higher up just for any type of feedback. He said he would find more out and follow up, as he appreciated my tenacity. Such integrity from him too. I smile because of karma.