DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability Interview Questions

2.0

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview

This process took three months. I had two phone interviews with HR, a phone interview with a principal consultant, and one in person interview. Overall, from my observations of 4 years with this organization the hiring process is often very lengthy and can string people along. By the time the organization is ready to hire the interviewee has moved on and is employed else where.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel.   1 Answer

Outreach Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2015.

Interview

Seemed to backtrack on a lot of what was posted online and required skills that weren't on the job listing. I asked them about their company and they backtracked saying they needed to hire using their vendor and it shouldn't have been posted online like that. The job posting didn't even require a college degree nor any sort of management experience but I was told they were concerned about my management experience despite me having 5+ years more than the op manager that interviewed me. Really confusing and poorly implemented

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview

I was referred for the job by a DNV GL employee. The process included a phone interview with an HR representative, a phone interview with my potential boss, and an in-person interview with a number of project managers in the office. I received a phone call from HR with the job offer.

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview

6 Phone interviews, one in person interview. They talked, I listened. I got the offer.

Interview Questions

• None. They care about experience instead of consulting process or business acumen.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Simple, over the phone.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. A phone screen and then an in person interview. The phone screen basically went over the job description and how you could fulfill those duties. The in person, was also geared towards your abilities to work within the role.

Principal Engineering Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability (Middletown, CT) in June 2013.

Interview

The question that I can't forget was "What the hell do you know about energy efficiency?" This was shocking.This question may have meant to challenge my knowledge of the subject matter. The affect was a long lasting warning of things to come. Within one year, my office lost more than 50% of all new hires. Within two years, there were only three of the original employees remaining.

Interview Questions

• Most of the interview questions for hypothetical and were not in depth. There were no deep dives.   1 Answer

Director of Sustainability Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online for the position. Their system is good in that it ingests your resume from your Linked In profile. Within a week I received an email from someone in their HR department. She stated that, " We have reviewed your qualifications for the role and would like schedule a time for you to chat with you briefly by phone."

I was encouraged as part of the resume submission process required me to answer my desired salary expectation.

At the appointed hour, I had a pleasant discussion with the HR representative. At the end of the call she asked me my desired salary. When I told her, she replied, "Oh.......this position pays a lot less than that." I thanked her and commented that we might have started with the question at the outset.

Interview Questions

• The unexpected question was what my desired salary range was. Since I had supplied this with my application, I was taken aback when the HR representative appeared shocked.   Answer Question

Salary was way less than my threshold.

Researcher - Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability (Oakland, CA).

Interview

HR interview basically asked how I qualified for each requirement of the job

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability (Madison, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Apply online, if you know someone in the company, its a plus. Phone interview with a human resource talent acquisition person, in-person interview with multiple managers, phone interview with someone in some other office than the office being interviewed for, then wait wait wait, eventually if offer is made then they will call you. Sign the acceptance letter.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you had to work with difficult co-worker and what did you do?   Answer Question

Energy Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DNV Kema Energy & Sustainability (Oakland, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

I just had a HR interview where they asked me about what I do at my former job. I answered all the questions satisfactorily. I think they went ahead with another candidate with more experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about pivot tables and v-look ups in excel which I had very little knowledge.   1 Answer