DPR Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DPR Construction Interview Questions

Interviews at DPR Construction

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

There was only one round of interview after a resume shortlisting process. The interview went for about 20 mins with a panel of three relatively experienced DPR Construction employees

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

Rounds of interviews. Found at my Career Fair. Great communication and very open throughout the process. Long and challenging, but really a great introduction into how much DPR cares about their employees embodying their culture.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Austin, TX) in October 2011.

Interview

Process consisted of 1 round of interviews at the local office. The interview was a round-robin style and lasted for 3 hours. Each mini-interview lasted 30 minutes, some with newer employees, some with upper level management, some with HR, and some as groups. Each person/team had a different topic to interview me about so it was not repetitive. I received a call about an offer about 1 week after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

DPR was at my uni's career fair a few months back. After talking with the human resources people at their booth, they told me to expect a all regarding a later interview. The interview was done through my uni's internship interview program, and I met with them a few days after to talk.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DPR Construction in September 2015.

Interview

College career fair:

I spoke with one of them at their booth after standing in line, they were pretty friendly, and gave me a call back to set up an interview at the career fair that day.

Overall, the five people sitting in the booth were quite friendly and seemed like people I'd definitely want to learn from and work along side. They really reinforced my perception that DPR has a great company culture of friendly people.

Unfortunately, I did not get an offer. Two weeks passed after the career fair and they sent a rejection email.

Interview Questions

• What if we gave you a position in which you'd be wearing multiple hats?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for DPR?   Answer Question
    • Are you involved in any clubs or organizations?   Answer Question
    • Are you planning on working for us after you graduate?   Answer Question
    • What are the other companies are you interested in?   Answer Question
    • What sector of construction are you most interested in?   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in companies from other sectors of construction? Do those sectors interest you more? Why would you want to do commercial building construction?   Answer Question
    • Which DPR locations interest you?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to travel?   Answer Question
    • Do you know what the culture is like at DPR?   Answer Question
    • How would you react if you were faced with a situation/task in which you did not know how to respond to?   Answer Question
    • What are your hobbies? What do you like to do for fun?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Austin, TX).

Interview

Interview process was sort of a rotation. We met up in Austin's Pizza, I rotated around different tables to talk to different people. A lot of really stereotypical interview questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you didn't get along with someone on a project or team and what did you do?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

Phone interview with the college champion. Pretty informal and relaxed. Talked about the company and why I would like to join them. What innovative processes can be implemented in the projects, what do you wanna in the internship and where do I see myself in 10 years.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

I interviewed first on campus, and then I did a follow-up phone interview with a senior project engineer.

Interview Questions

• What skills did you learn from your last internship that you can apply to your next one?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus, with a former alumni. The process is relaxing, really about introduce myself, my former experience. Any introduce what i have learned in class, in student organization. It is on campus, 1 to 1

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

All face to face, meeting team members and qualifying fitting in with the team