DPR Construction Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DPR Construction Interview Questions

Interviews at DPR Construction

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Madison, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

On campus, with a former alumni. The process is relaxing, really about introduce myself, my former experience. Any introduce what i have learned in class, in student organization. It is on campus, 1 to 1

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Very friendly people. The company is looking for happy productive people to fit their team. The interview process can be very competitive considering the amount of applicants that apply for the jobs. Great benefits and a great unique culture that you would not find from other GC. The interview was a total of 40 minutes. It was split into two groups and they asked you simple questions that you would typically be asked for an average interview process. I would recommend doing your research on the company before you interview because they expect you to know a lot about the company and why you would want to work for them.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about DPR? Why the construction industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (West Lafayette, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

Very systematic process. Met then initially at the University Career Fair. Got selected in the initial round and got an interview call the very next day.
    Interviews were arranged the next week and it lasted for about 30 minutes for every intern.
    As promised a 15 day period to decide the results, they sent out emails on the 15th day without delay. Very friendly interviewers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

All face to face, meeting team members and qualifying fitting in with the team

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Upon arrival I was taken on a tour of the office and then led to a conference room to begin interviewing. I interviewed with 8 members of the team, 2 at a time.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction in February 2016.

Interview

I met the company's reps during spring career fair at my university. Two weeks after, I received an email setting me up for a personal interview. It was really difficult to identify what they were looking for at that time. But, as far as an interview goes, it was behavioral based with easy going people.
    I received an email after 2 weeks with a rejection.

Interview Questions

• Why construction field? ...Tell me about your projects? etc.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DPR Construction (New York, NY).

Interview

Informal coffee shop meeting, lasted about 20 minutes. Went over resume and pretty routine questions, then they explained internship responsibilities. Told me they would get back to me in 2 weeks, and ended up letting me know that I did not get an offer a week early.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Los Angeles, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

15 min interview. Asked typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Redwood City, CA) in November 2010.

Interview

Very selective

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Mountain View, CA) in March 2008.

Interview

The guys that they get to do the interviews are some real prima donnas. Practice smiling and acting excited and confident. Imagine that you are auditioning for the Price is Right tv game show. Basically, DPR as a company fancies itself as being a Silicon Valley startup, like a young Google. You'll forget that you are interviewing with a construction management firm. A thin, polished veneer is unquestionably more desirable than character or substance.

Interview Questions

• So, you worked for a couple of different companies. (Interviewer gets a really sly look on his face here.) Why did you decide to move around so much?   Answer Question