DPR Construction Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DPR Construction Project Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at DPR Construction

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Classic round-robin interview style. They sat me in a conference room and made sure I felt comfortable before sending in several rounds of 3-4 employees to interview me. The interview felt relaxed and engaging. The questions were pretty standard. Felt more like a conversation than an interview. Each interviewer allowed/encouraged me to ask them questions as well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DPR Construction

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Redwood City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, after which was flown in for an in-person interview. Interviewed with six people over the course of 3 hours, typical round-robin style. Everyone I talked to verified the things I had read and researched about DPR. After waiting 2 weeks, I e-mailed about an update and they called the next day to make me an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a full day process. There was a site visit followed by round robin interviews. Multiple interviews of very short duration didn't really allow anyone to talk about work in detail. I wanted to get into my experience and projects but they were only interested in personality based questions. Some interviews were rude and not interested at all.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

I did a phone interview and then was flown to DC for a full day of interviews. It was part of the college recruiting process so it was with other college seniors they were interviewing.
    We had a series of one on one or one on two interviews as well as a group design project to see how we worked in teams.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2015.

Interview

It was a very laid back interview in which interviewers want to know what the interviewee wants to achieve in life. The interviewers were more focused on the conversations that interviewee made rather than them asking questions.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction (East Lansing, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

I met the recruiters at a company presentation that the university set up. I wasn't dressed up or prepared with my resume. After interacting and listening during their presentation, I introduced myself, got their emails and emailed my resume to them immediately. They gave me a call that night to schedule and interview the next day.

I was already signed up for a volunteer shift with Habitat for Humanity the next morning and they worked around my schedule but coming in an hour earlier than they had planned and told me to wear what I was going to wear to the build (ragged flannel, beat up jeans and boots).

the four of us sat down and began with normal conversation about our hobbies, classes and war stories from college. They hardly brought up my resume and previous work experience. I LOVED IT! So relaxing and fun, I felt as if we had been working together for a couple weeks. They wanted to get to know me as an individual first - and now I am the recruiter that goes back to colleges!

Interview Questions

• They asked me a few basic questions and few abnormal ice breaker questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in UC Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DPR Construction (UC Berkeley, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was right after a university presentation in ucb that they collected our CVs and contacted us 1 week later and scheduled 25 minutes interviews for each applicant. The advised us not to come wearing suits

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DPR Construction (Austin, TX).

Interview

The hiring process is impressive. The initial interview was on a college campus. Thereafter, they invited me to their regional office. It was round robin style, with multiple people in each interview space. It was cool because DPR invites its other project engineers and project managers, executives- whoever wants to- to conduct the interviews. There's not a selected hiring team or director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

If you like to be challenged, and too much structure scares you, seriously consider this company.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

I spoke with DPR at the career fair at my university, expressed interest, then gave them my resume. They reviewed the applicants then called me later that night to set up an interview at the campus interview suite.

Extremely laid back. This was just a preliminary interview in which they give you some more information about the company and answer any questions you may have. Very friendly and easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

• It was the standard "what made you choose us?" Nothing out the blue.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DPR Construction.

Interview

Very laid back and chill interview. They asked typical interview questions why DPR, tell us about yourself etc... The interview wasn't long. The interviewers were very nice and welcoming. The process was very quick I got an answer the day of because they were trying to make a decision very soon. They really encourage you to speak about yourself and the interview is not systematic where they ask you a bunch of questions that they have on paper and you answer them. They really are trying to get to know you and see if you are a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the proudest moment of your career so far?   Answer Question