DRS Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 31, 2017

2.7

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

External recruiter interview, DRS selection, website app completion, internal recruiter / HR scheduling interview dates / interview

There appeared to be disfunction within the finance organization, as well as within the senior leadership in Dallas and Melbourne, FL locations. This was confirmed by an external source based on their conversation with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Initially, General questions about level of management of government contracting business functions   Answer Question
    • Asked to put together a presentation outlining one professional challenge and how you overcame it   Answer Question
    • Panel interview - 3 VP's (including hiring manager), Controller, and 1 HR Rep - starting at 0730 in morning   Answer Question
    • Not since 1989 have I had a senior level person (the hiring VP) state the "interview was over" and storm out of the room. There appeared to be disfunction within the finance organization, as well as within the senior leadership in Dallas / Melbourne, FL. This was confirmed by the external recruiter based on their conversation with other candidates.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through the entire interview process with the Dallas, Texas office in May-June of 2017 for a Senior Software Engineer position. Phone interview was followed by an on-site interview with five people. The process was pretty easy, interview questions both on the phone and in person were technical, but not too challenging. I was offered a contract job with an option for full-time employment after six months. They are required to use an external contracting agency. As a contractor, the benefits include 5 days of paid vacation a year, 6 days of holiday, you must work the day before and the day after the holiday in order to get paid for the holiday, no 401(k) matching, you can't start contributing to the 401(k) until after 1 year, no health benefits for the first 60 days of employment. I was offered a position as a contractor. I attempted to negotiate to have them meet me halfway for an additional $2 per hour in order to make up for the lack of benefits, but they rescinded my offer after about a week of no response from them. They finally called and said they would not be able to match my counter and that they had decided to give the position to someone else - essentially rescinding my offer. This is unethical behavior. Throughout the interview process, they will tell you that if you don't hear from them, then they are passing on you. That was the first red flag.

Interview Questions

• Presented me with a small C function that I had to correct. I asked several questions about interrupts, real-time operating systems, etc.   Answer Question

LAMAS/RAMAS Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The Program Manager was very positive and understanding. He was very knowledgeable about the job and knew how to apply my previous military experience to the job description. Very professional.

Interview Questions

• How long does it take you to learn a knew system?   1 Answer

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Cypress, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online. Was called in for an interview by HR. I only had one interview with the EE Technical Director who asked me questions pertaining to previous project experience and familiarity with specific tools/libraries that were to be used on the job. A few days later HR contacted me with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a Moore and Mealy machine?   1 Answer
    • How much experience do you have in image processing?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever done ASIC development with FPGAs in VHDL?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DRS Technologies.

Interview

Semi-Informal with engineering hiring managers. There were no behavioral-analysis type questions asked just typical questions about experience and qualification regarding the job applied for. This was followed by a tour and a follow up with HR. The whole process lasted about 2 hours or so.

Special Access Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was over the phone and was very professional. I spoke with the Program Manager and the person I would have been replacing. They both introduced themselves and began the interview process.

Scientist I, Uncooled IR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, phone screen 2 weeks later with Sr. Scientist, 3-1 interview and lunch 2 weeks after that, major presentation to entire Uncooled IR team and HR plus lunch then 1-1 and 2-1 panels thereafter another 2 weeks later, and finally another 2 weeks later I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• The usual HR and project lifecycle questions - how do you handle teamwork, tough deadlines, unforeseen issues, etc.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnstown, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Johnstown, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

After applying at a job fair at school, I was called a few weeks later to come in for an on site interview. The interview started with the HR rep and was followed by bringing in an engineering manager. The conversation was casual and not intimidating, which led to a tour of the facility. A week after the interview I was called back for a second interview which was very brief, then given forms to fill out required for hiring at the company.

Interview Questions

• What are some problems you have run into while working on a project, and how did you solve them?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone and consisted primarily of reviewing my cover letter and resume. I was requested to come in for a second interview at the end of the phone interview. The on-site interview was conducted by a group of 5 engineers plus myself. I was given a CAD drawing and asked to deduce its function, then more questions similar the the phone interview.

BD Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DRS Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview followed by site visit. Multiple managers interview "round robin" style. HR did a good job of keeping me informed, getting data needed and working through questions. Interviewing managers were generally prepared, most only from resume, very little did any background.

Interview Questions

• Why come to defense industry after mostly commercial background   1 Answer