DRS Technologies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Mechanical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The initial interview was over the phone and consisted primarily of reviewing my cover letter and resume. I was requested to come in for a second interview at the end of the phone interview. The on-site interview was conducted by a group of 5 engineers plus myself. I was given a CAD drawing and asked to deduce its function, then more questions similar the the phone interview.

BD Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DRS Technologies.

Interview

Phone interview followed by site visit. Multiple managers interview "round robin" style. HR did a good job of keeping me informed, getting data needed and working through questions. Interviewing managers were generally prepared, most only from resume, very little did any background.

Interview Questions

• Why come to defense industry after mostly commercial background   1 Answer

Associate Compliance Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Fort Walton Beach, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was hired through Kelly Services. Kelly called with the job, I guess I had applied on their website however it was under a different name. Any who Kelly said DRS wanted to interview me and they set it all up. The interview was fairly easy from how they described the job however they did try scare tactics on me. Such as the job is more complicated then it sounds. It really isn't, just have to be organized, stay on top of stuff because it is continuous. If you mess up there is someone always there to remind you. The job is not hard at all, it's no challenging which makes it a bore for me personally. The pay is not all that great for all the bs you have to go through.

Interview Questions

• What is your level of experience with Oralce and Deltec?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel about a 9/80 work schedule?   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danbury, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Danbury, CT) in March 2016.

Interview

All day interview. Met with five or six people for individual discussions. The questions were not too intensive. The HR recruiter was only available at the start of the day, so no close out discussion. There has been no feedback or decision communicated, even after 6 weeks and multiple attempts to contact the HR person.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Herndon, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

Misleading. For one, the recruiter is awful and has no soft skills. His job is to find out the requirements of the position and relate them properly so that candidates are prepared for the interview. Instead. I was asked to bring a "homework assignment" to this interview with no clarity. When I asked for clarity, I was told "I don't know, sorry....that's what he said." There was more than one way to interpret that "assignment" and it did not set a good precedence for the interview. Also, I was misinformed that this was a direct hire opportunity when in fact, it wasn't until the end of my 6th interview I was asked very inappropriately in front of 2 or 3 other people if I'd consider a temp position. Uh, no. I felt like saying "would you accept a temp position after all your years of experience?' It said a lot about how they feel about the person in this role. It is inappropriate to mislead senior-level candidates in this regard and also it is inappropriate for the role itself. Had they been honest upfront, I would not have wasted time and effort in their rather lengthy process (was 2 days of my time not to mention that interviews cost money). They've had no FT admin in this position and every single "executive" I met with had paperwork piled to the ceiling, citing that this new person would have to go in and get them organized after a year of having no real support. And you want someone to come in as a temp, get you organized with no stability then decide that you can do with out someone for another year? No thanks. The bulk of the interview was with the President, who wanted me to review the details of his Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator which was clearly a way to probe into mine. I didn't appreciate being misled.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to temp?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

Several phone interviews prior to the face to face. Met with 7 people for about 5 hours at the face to face. Very open to questions about the job and company.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

Professional, interviewed about 4 people, and showed me around the facility. They mostly focused on my resume if they had any question. Also, gave me a thought invoking questions about signal to see my thought process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Baltimore, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online, had a phone interview that was about 30 minutes within 4 days, and interviewed at DRS Technologies within the following week in 2015. I interviewed with 5 other engineering personnel from various backgrounds (Design Engineering, Test Engineering, and Software Engineering), which lasted all day. Make sure you have the day planned for the interview.

CM/CDM IT II Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (San Diego, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

They like my answers and got back to in few days. I received the offer letter and accepted it via fax everything. The hiring manager explained the process and the HR start the paperwork's, completed it and send and I flew to Hawaii.

Export Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRS Technologies (Melbourne, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Telephone interview with with two Directors from HQ followed up by on sight interview with 7 division leads in Melbourne FL. Had to give a 15 min. briefing to the interview panel on a difficult job situation. This was followed by one-on-one interviews with each member. Interview process lasted 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult boss?   2 Answers