DRW Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DRW Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

Interviews at DRW

3.8

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

Overall was alright. First off had an online assessment consisting of 5 questions. After completing it was contacted a few days later for a phone interview. Interviewer was nice and we chatted afterwards pretty casually. He was also quite patient with regards to the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• You have a path of length n. You flip a coin, if heads move one space and if tails move two spaces. You keep flipping until you reach the end. If P(i) is the probability of landing on space i, for what value of i is P(i) maximized?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DRW

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DRW (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2020.

Interview

It is an Online Assessment. They sent me the email two days after I applied it. Questions are not that difficult except the last one( also with most points).

Interview Questions

• There are four questions: 1. optimization 2. matrix calculation 3. flip-coin game and derivative pricing 4. surface area and volume of the unit ball in different dimensions, totally have no idea.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRW in October 2019.

Interview

Met with DRW at a university career fair, applied online. I was given a 30 minute math assessment consisting of 4 questions, I did not do well and got a rejection e-mail a few days later. There was an optimization and matrix algebra problem that I ran out of time on, a probability problem that was not worded well, and a hyperspace problem I have no idea how you're supposed to solve if you don't just have 2 numbers memorized.

Interview Questions

• For an n-dimensional unit sphere, the volume and surface area peak at i and j values. What is j-i?   1 Answer
    • There is a weighted coin, P(heads) = 0.6. The coin is flipped 4 times, if it's heads A wins 1$ if it's tails B wins $1, what is the expected value of a bet where if A wins overall, you get his winnings, if B wins overall you get 0.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DRW in September 2019.

Interview

They sent the online assessment. That was the hardest online assessment I ever had. There were 13 questions for 60 minutes. Also, they had a pseudo code as well. Lots of probability questions. If you read a book like interview problems for quant positions you should be fine.

Interview Questions

• Martingales, probability, Linear Algebra.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

A quick online test for screening purposes. I was accepted to go through the first round of the interview process, which was an online quantitative assessment. It took 30 minutes and consisted of 4 questions.

Interview Questions

• Let M be a 2x2 matrix (forgot the exact numbers). What is tr(Σk=0 to infinity M^k)?   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW.

Interview

Online Assessment - 30min with 4 questions, all difficult statistics questions. Different from questions I saw online. Got the e-mail saying I did not get to the next stage 2 days after finish OA.

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DRW in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online. I received an online assessment around 1.5 hours after submitting my application.

The OA is a 30-minute challenge, which consists of 4 mathematical questions regarding matrix, probability etc. I answered all 4 questions correctly but still got rejected 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• OA. 4 mathematical questions regarding probability, matrix calculation, constrained linear programming, etc.   Answer Question

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DRW (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2019.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by coding challenge, and then three rounds of interviews. First interview was in person at their offices, second was remotely with other teams in the US, last was a final round of interviews at their offices.

Interview Questions

• Describing previous projects I had worked on.   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2019.

Interview

First they will send you the online test , you should finish the questions in 30 minitues and the question are middle-high level math questions you should slove, after that you will receive a face to face technique inerview

Interview Questions

• to ask you solove a matrix, with Markorvsize composition   1 Answer

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DRW in February 2018.

Interview

By phone, just review CV and ask about my intern and project, no tech questions. I guess they may feel that I just learn programming for 1 year and not qualified.
    I guess no hope.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the number of futures held by hedge funds?   2 Answers