DS Services of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at DS Services of America

2.5

Software Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Atlanta, GA) in February 2012.

Interview

it was a quick and easy process

Interview Questions

Interview

I first started through a hiring agency. Then hired on as a full time employee. I never had a face to face interview but others did. I heard it wasn't that hard as other companies.

Inventory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

Meet with key employees to see if your a fit for the company . Was very easy laid back environment just need to say the wright things to peak their interest.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for DS Services   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wast a negotiating phase at all,

Branch Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Austin, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was very lengthy, took more than 3 weeks from initial contact to start date
    There was a informal conversation with HR, then applied online, then phone interview with Ops Manager, then in person with Ops manager that last four hours!
    The job description was sparse and the interview indicated that it was a office management job. Later, that was not the case.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer is inexperienced and basically talked about his problems with the company rather than asking questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

He refused to negotiate and told me that he did not 'play those games'

Logistics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Very simple hiring process. I applied through linked in and was called for a phone interview with 2 people. Next I was contacted by hr after 2 weeks for an onsite interview. Because of busy schedule It took almost 3 weeks to finalize travel plans and fly to Atlanta.

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview with their corporate recruiter who made a racist remark. I would not work for this company for all the money in the world. I hope senior management sees this so they know how inappropriate their Human Resources department is. I think it is despicable that such a person is involved in hiring process for a company. Atlanta is a racially diverse town in which many minorities live and are seeking employment. Obviously, this company is not progressive or at least their Human Resources Department is not.

Area Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DS Services of America.

Interview

Phone screened first by HR person then was called back for a face to face interview. The process included 2 HR staff and one senior manager (Division VP) and another lower level person.

Reviewed salary and bonus and started interview.

Interview Questions

• After initial breaking the ice type questions, the complete interview questions were all behaviorally based formatted.

TELL ME about A TIME when...AND BE SPECIFIC?

They asked all of the questions in this format and wanted to know your specific answers and your rationale for doing so.

They wanted to hear my real life situations and how I handled things in various work type scenarios.   Answer Question

The company seemed to have a large amount of turnover in many facets of their business. Route operations, call center staff and many mid level managers as well.

The HR team on the interview panel also seemed a bit disconnected to the business as they were covering large geographical areas and seemed overwhelmed and lacked local business knowledge.

Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I interviewed at DS Services of America in January 2010.

Interview

Met with management group about position. later met with HR they were in need to fill the position quickly was hired within two days. Filled out application along with resume. I had an in because I met the HR generalist prior to my interview

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DS Services of America (Sacramento, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Meet with two managers during the process. The second interview lasted 6 minutes and was a complete waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Are you going to continue to look for work if we hire you?   Answer Question

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DS Services of America.

Interview

Very nice People, but hard interview. It's more of an interview board rather than a one on one. Some tough questions, but the biggest expectation from them I believe is honesty. Be straight with them and they'll be straight with you. Overall good experience. Again Be honest and straight forward.

Interview Questions

• What are your greatest strengths as it applies to the position?   Answer Question