DSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSM Interview Questions

Updated Nov 1, 2016

Applications Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Phone screen with three participants on two continents. The interview was awkward for me because of the large number of interviewers at once. I suspect the interview was awkward for the interviewers because of the reporting relationships among the panel members. Having a director level person on a phone screen doesn't make anyone comfortable and made me wonder if the group isn't a bit micromanaged. The participants were friendly and professional, but didn't seem to have an interview plan. The oddest thing for me was that I was not asked if I had any questions. The conversation was over in 20 min and I was not selected for an on-site interview. Maybe I am over qualified or maybe I made a poor impression over the phone - hard to say. It was a disappointment because DSM was a top choice company and the position was an excellent fit.

It is nice that they follow through on their promise to notify applicants of their status, though. The recruiter was very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Asked me several questions about an unrelated job experience   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSM in June 2016.

Interview

A DSM recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was your typical behavioural based interview with the exception that he threw in some curse words. More than likely a ploy to see if i would join in.
    I did not.
    I have not heard back regarding any further steps in the interview process. This is the second time i have interviewed for a position with DSM and this is the second time they have not proceeded. I do believe that they need to do their homework before contacting me as i think my salary range is much too high for them.

Interview Questions

• Just typical, management style etc. I will say they he cursed quite a bit in the interview.   Answer Question

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DSM (Arcadia, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

email from HR regarding the application and then got call for talk on the application.
    after few week got email for talk with manager.
    manager had lot of question to be answered interview was supposed for 30 minute it took 1 hr to complete never-mind though it was good experience.
    at end manager told they are going through screen candidate and let me know by 2 week, but hr told me in that same week regarding selection of other candidate.

Nutritional Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Phone then video and in person interview with 5 people back to back, they were all late and wasted my time.
    They claimed that I was pleasant and well informed about the company and its goals but decided to pursue other candidates that would likely fail them. Good luck

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when... standard bs questions   6 Answers

Regional Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSM (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Met with Human Resources as well as the Hiring Manager. The process took about three hours and was informal. The questions were open ended and did not ask about strategies or tactical plans to expand the business. The questions did not focus on ingredients or markets. The interview felt detached. Left knowing little.

Interview Questions

• What have you contributed to your last position.   1 Answer

Production Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSM in May 2015.

Interview

Visited at career fair and was offered an interview the next day by hiring manager. Was told it was going to be a panel interview, but the hiring manager was missing the next day and the employees on-site were kind of surprised that I was there for an interview. Hiring manager was on vacation for ~2 weeks after interview and I didn't hear back until after emailing a couple times. Seems like they already hired someone for the job but still brought me in for the interview. Not sure why I was there...

Ceramic Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DSM (Exton, PA) in August 2014.

Interview

Long and drawn out. It took months waiting for a response about potential employment opportunities. The interview was involved. Met with HR, direct manager then upper management. Got a complete tour of facilities and production areas.

Interview Questions

• With the nature of production work, how do you stay focused on the task at hand?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Previous Co-worker called me and asked me to apply. I interviewed with potential manager and was offered the job the next day.

Interview Questions

• It was you standard job interview, nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Senior CHEMIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSM (Greenville, NC).

Interview

The interview was made up of technical and personality profile type questions.
    1. Chromatography - two peaks are co eluting, what are some strategies to resolve the peaks
    2. Chromatography - what is normal and reverse phase chromatography. What is stationary and mobile phase for these types of systems
    3. Describe IR, UV, and HPLC.

4. Personality - Describe a time when you failed, why did you fail and what would you do differently.
    5. Personality - How would you meet the needs of a customer that is not happy with your project's progress.

Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSM (Berkeley, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

One phone interview and one onsite interview. Discussions revolve around previous experience in unit operations, safety record and knowledge of chemical and physical properties of solvents and polymer science. A lot of focus on good documentation practices, iso, and quality principles.

Interview Questions

• What is the meaning of LEL and UEL?   1 Answer