DSM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSM Interview Questions

Updated Jan 23, 2018

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM (Troy, MI) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview and on-site interview. On-site interview was very pleasant. Meetings with the group members followed my presentation. Lab tour was provided showing different equipments present and at the end of it I was asked questions about how I would solve a problem regarding fault in a polymer-based gear.

Interview Questions

• If a prior supplier (Plant A) is shutting down, how would you convince the customer that Plant B is just as competitive for providing the raw materials for the product   1 Answer

Human Resources(Part-Time) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM in August 2017.

Interview

Made contact after receiving job posting from college. Communicated via e-mail providing all required documents.

First interview was with one of the HR staff, discussed the role of the intern and the tasks that I would be responsible for. Held a very professional conversation discussing the roles of HR and the things that the company produced.

During second interview, had similar conversation with another HR member, even talked about how the company was busy in preparation for a visit from many of the corporate stakeholders. (I did my research and noted this information from the corporate website. Interviewer was surprised that I knew that and did my research) Was told next step if selected was to make contact with temp agency in charge of onboarding.

After two weeks contacted department via e-mail and was told that they offered the position to a female that was able to provide them with the 40 hours a week that they were looking for. Even though they posted it as a part time position. That and they informed me that the person that was offered the position was able to be in the position for 12 months like they were looking for.

Personally it seemed more like they were looking to hire contract employee instead of an intern.

Interview Questions

• We do not know if this will be a paid or unpaid internship, will that affect your decision to accept an offer from us?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Phone screen woth HR followed by phone interview with hiring manager went fine. Took a week to hear from them about coming on site for an interview which was about 4 hours with various managers and HR. Then didnt hear anything from them for two weeks, so I reached back out to the initial HR manager, haven't heard back from her in two weeks even with an additional email. Not so much as a "we've pursued another candidate", maybe I've been out of the ring for a while but feels so rude to be ghosted.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral as well as creative questions, "name a time when you disagreed with" etc. and "what are you most proud of" etc.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSM in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online and a recruiter called about 2 weeks later for initial screening. She asked pretty general questions to gauge my interest and learn about my background. She said they were very motivated to hire and I would hear from a senior recruiter within the next couple days(we've all heard that one before). I sent a polite email about a week later which I thought was appropriate, simply asking if I was still be considered for next steps. Crickets. Waited a few days and forwarded the same email asking if she received it. Crickets. I assume at this point that I'm no longer in the running, but I really would appreciate a firm response and possibly feedback. I'm in sales, I can take it.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had trouble accessing the decision maker. How did you overcome?   Answer Question

Manager Trainee- Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM (College Park, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and individualized, they didn't ask me any cookie cutter questions. They were very good about asking me about my hobbies and why I chose to pursue extra studies in languages. The interviewer was also relaxed and I was able to ask questions through out the interview.

Interview Questions

• how have you developed management skills at your current job.   Answer Question

Applications Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Phone screen with three participants on two continents. The interview was awkward for me because of the large number of interviewers at once. I suspect the interview was awkward for the interviewers because of the reporting relationships among the panel members. Having a director level person on a phone screen doesn't make anyone comfortable and made me wonder if the group isn't a bit micromanaged. The participants were friendly and professional, but didn't seem to have an interview plan. The oddest thing for me was that I was not asked if I had any questions. The conversation was over in 20 min and I was not selected for an on-site interview. Maybe I am over qualified or maybe I made a poor impression over the phone - hard to say. It was a disappointment because DSM was a top choice company and the position was an excellent fit.

It is nice that they follow through on their promise to notify applicants of their status, though. The recruiter was very professional and a pleasure to deal with.

Interview Questions

• Asked me several questions about an unrelated job experience   1 Answer

Plant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSM in June 2016.

Interview

A DSM recruiter reached out to me to schedule a phone screen. The phone screen was your typical behavioural based interview with the exception that he threw in some curse words. More than likely a ploy to see if i would join in.
    I did not.
    I have not heard back regarding any further steps in the interview process. This is the second time i have interviewed for a position with DSM and this is the second time they have not proceeded. I do believe that they need to do their homework before contacting me as i think my salary range is much too high for them.

Interview Questions

• Just typical, management style etc. I will say they he cursed quite a bit in the interview.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DSM (Exton, PA) in March 2016.

Interview

first 30 minutes interview with the manufacturing senior manager, and 1 more 30 minutes interview with 2 managers in the manufacturing department. then I went on a tour to see the site.

Interview Questions

• have you worked before on a project where you made something mechanical using tools and equipment?   1 Answer

Plant Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arcadia, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DSM (Arcadia, WI) in February 2016.

Interview

email from HR regarding the application and then got call for talk on the application.
    after few week got email for talk with manager.
    manager had lot of question to be answered interview was supposed for 30 minute it took 1 hr to complete never-mind though it was good experience.
    at end manager told they are going through screen candidate and let me know by 2 week, but hr told me in that same week regarding selection of other candidate.

Nutritional Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSM.

Interview

Phone then video and in person interview with 5 people back to back, they were all late and wasted my time.
    They claimed that I was pleasant and well informed about the company and its goals but decided to pursue other candidates that would likely fail them. Good luck

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when... standard bs questions   6 Answers