DST Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

2.8

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a smooth process. General resume questions. Initial call by hr followed by VP interview, then a data scientist interview. Normal resume questions. If passed these rounds, called upon onsite for final interview.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate variance in a unsupervised model?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month. I applied online and had 4 interviews total with the third being a face to face interview. I receive an email requesting a phone screening by HR rep approximately 2 days after I applied. This was followed by another phone interview with the Sr. Recruiter, about a week or two later with the hiring manager, with a face to face the following week. My final interview was with Sr. Management which was over the phone. The questions over the phone were basic resume review; work history, experience, and system knowledge. The in person interview was 2 hours and more formal using the new normal STAR method. I interview with the hiring manager and two additional individuals that I would be supporting. It was overall a seamless process and very straight forward; naturally looking for experience, industry knowledge, interpersonal skills, and personality fit.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle individuals that are generally hard to get along with   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had several phone interviews with a recruiter and then had one face to face interview in Kansas City. The man that I was interviewed by in person was very easy going and friendly. I had to submit a code sample and in the interview I had to explain my code. The whole process was very laid back and what was expected was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Explain your code sample and why you implemented what you did.   1 Answer

Senior Project Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard phone screen with HR followed by 2 interviews in person with the hiring manager and another high level director. Each in person interview lasted an hour and was very informational. They were very professional and pleasure to talk to. Very positive experience overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They went over my resume before asking me a series of technical questions. It was conducted by an HR representative as well as one of their own developers. Questions ranged from both things such as OOP (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) to more logical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I have 10 identical balls, except for one that weighs more than the others. I also have one scale. In the least amount of moves, how can I figure out which ball is the one that weighs the most?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

Phone Screening, two in person interviews following the phone screening, during the in person interviews I met with HR then with my manager and director on the second

Interview Questions

• mostly skills based questions. more talking by HR than question asking in general. BEI questions on second interview   Answer Question

Interview

I Met with 2 managers. They required me to take a test that determined my aptitude for that position. They made an offer about 2 weeks later. I negotiated an employment agreement that included moving expenses in addition to regular benefits.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

The interview had pretty typical questions of an interview. For me, the phone interview was the trickiest part for me. I'd say to anyone applying that they have to prepare for the phone interview because for me that was what got in the way to the 3rd interview. Also, research actively about the company and the industry prior to the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview. 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer went through a sheet of about 10-12 questions that were mostly behavioral. The few technical questions that were asked were about what language you were most comfortable with, what is your experience with that language, and what is your methodology behind debugging in that language.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you where you took on too much responsibility and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Analyze and implement manual and automated test tools and strategies. Seeking to continue my career in Software Quality Assurance or Tester field in where there are technical challenges and opportunities to contribute skill to the company and the team.

Interview Questions

• what did you do last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would like the offer visa.