DST Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DST Systems Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a smooth process. General resume questions. Initial call by hr followed by VP interview, then a data scientist interview. Normal resume questions. If passed these rounds, called upon onsite for final interview.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate variance in a unsupervised model?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They went over my resume before asking me a series of technical questions. It was conducted by an HR representative as well as one of their own developers. Questions ranged from both things such as OOP (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) to more logical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I have 10 identical balls, except for one that weighs more than the others. I also have one scale. In the least amount of moves, how can I figure out which ball is the one that weighs the most?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

The interview had pretty typical questions of an interview. For me, the phone interview was the trickiest part for me. I'd say to anyone applying that they have to prepare for the phone interview because for me that was what got in the way to the 3rd interview. Also, research actively about the company and the industry prior to the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview. 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer went through a sheet of about 10-12 questions that were mostly behavioral. The few technical questions that were asked were about what language you were most comfortable with, what is your experience with that language, and what is your methodology behind debugging in that language.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you where you took on too much responsibility and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Phone Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DST Systems in June 2016.

Interview

Very cookie cutter. Did not understand how questions asked applied to job. Interviewers seemed rushed. Felt like was just another person they had to deal with that day. They rather had been elsewhere. Interviewer did not appear engaged.

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Spoke to HR recruiter via phone. The call lasted about 35 minutes and the questions were pretty standard with a few behavioral questions. She described the next step and the need to talk with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DST? Tell me one thing in this role you really don't like to do.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems in October 2015.

Interview

I went to a job fair and gave them my resume. A few hours later I received a call asking to interview. (I did not turn in an application yet.) Went to the interview the next day and it took about 30 minutes. The first half was basic interview questions to see if your personality is a match. Afterwards we talked about any questions I had and it turned more personal and informal (she told me about her children and past job experience). I did receive an email about a week later saying they didn't have any openings for me at the moment but would notify me if something changed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Got through career fair. Has three rounds of interviews. first one in college.They asked questions based on our resume. Second is telephonic.Its just HR. Final is onsite. They asked both technical and behavioral.It took 3 weeks for interview process. it will take a lot of time for the result.

Interview Questions

• ell me about a time when you disagreed with management? What did you do?   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

Was called to schedule a phone interview. Week later I had a phone interview that went well and I was called in for an in person interview. The in person interview was what you would expect from the reviews you read and the overall negative reputation DST has. My interviewer was rude and seemed to be in no position to be interviewing anyone as she did not have the background to do so and came off as being incompetent and too involved in her own position to properly evaluate a potential employer. My advice is just to stay away from DST. They could care less about their employees and their business plan relies on taking advantage of people who should be getting higher wages. After all this DST sent me a no reply email that they are going with someone else; which I should have expected given the way I have heard they treat their employees let alone potential employers. They make you pay 40 dollars a month for parking after they boast about having their own lots attached to all of their buildings; mind you this company makes 4 billon plus a year. Just one of the many reasons qualified people just choose to work at different places because DST just is not competitive when it comes to benefits and what you are expected to give.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their careers webpage. An HR manager called me a week later at 8:00 am for an impromptu phone interview. They asked me one question and then told me to have a nice day. The HR representative did not take the interview seriously, and was in a hurry to get it over with.