DST Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

126 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in October 2017.

Interview

First I did a phone interview that last 30 min. We talked about my experience. Then I interviewed with 4 different department managers for 45 min each. They were more behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

applied online, heard back about a month later via email, phone interview with talent recruiter, live interview with two human resources reps, hired over phone by talent recuriter 2 days later

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Lawrence, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

I first talked with the company at a career fair and received an interview for the next day. That interview took about 30 minutes and just went through a line of questions. Next was the phone interview to just sharpen up some points about the firs interview and get to know you more.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've been in a stressful situation and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

Overall a smooth process. General resume questions. Initial call by hr followed by VP interview, then a data scientist interview. Normal resume questions. If passed these rounds, called upon onsite for final interview.

Interview Questions

• How to calculate variance in a unsupervised model?   1 Answer

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month. I applied online and had 4 interviews total with the third being a face to face interview. I receive an email requesting a phone screening by HR rep approximately 2 days after I applied. This was followed by another phone interview with the Sr. Recruiter, about a week or two later with the hiring manager, with a face to face the following week. My final interview was with Sr. Management which was over the phone. The questions over the phone were basic resume review; work history, experience, and system knowledge. The in person interview was 2 hours and more formal using the new normal STAR method. I interview with the hiring manager and two additional individuals that I would be supporting. It was overall a seamless process and very straight forward; naturally looking for experience, industry knowledge, interpersonal skills, and personality fit.

Interview Questions

• How do I handle individuals that are generally hard to get along with   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had several phone interviews with a recruiter and then had one face to face interview in Kansas City. The man that I was interviewed by in person was very easy going and friendly. I had to submit a code sample and in the interview I had to explain my code. The whole process was very laid back and what was expected was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Explain your code sample and why you implemented what you did.   1 Answer

Senior Project Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

Pretty standard phone screen with HR followed by 2 interviews in person with the hiring manager and another high level director. Each in person interview lasted an hour and was very informational. They were very professional and pleasure to talk to. Very positive experience overall.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They went over my resume before asking me a series of technical questions. It was conducted by an HR representative as well as one of their own developers. Questions ranged from both things such as OOP (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) to more logical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I have 10 identical balls, except for one that weighs more than the others. I also have one scale. In the least amount of moves, how can I figure out which ball is the one that weighs the most?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

Phone Screening, two in person interviews following the phone screening, during the in person interviews I met with HR then with my manager and director on the second

Interview Questions

• mostly skills based questions. more talking by HR than question asking in general. BEI questions on second interview   Answer Question

Interview

I Met with 2 managers. They required me to take a test that determined my aptitude for that position. They made an offer about 2 weeks later. I negotiated an employment agreement that included moving expenses in addition to regular benefits.