DST Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had several phone interviews with a recruiter and then had one face to face interview in Kansas City. The man that I was interviewed by in person was very easy going and friendly. I had to submit a code sample and in the interview I had to explain my code. The whole process was very laid back and what was expected was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Explain your code sample and why you implemented what you did.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They went over my resume before asking me a series of technical questions. It was conducted by an HR representative as well as one of their own developers. Questions ranged from both things such as OOP (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) to more logical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I have 10 identical balls, except for one that weighs more than the others. I also have one scale. In the least amount of moves, how can I figure out which ball is the one that weighs the most?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

Phone Screening, two in person interviews following the phone screening, during the in person interviews I met with HR then with my manager and director on the second

Interview Questions

• mostly skills based questions. more talking by HR than question asking in general. BEI questions on second interview   Answer Question

Interview

I Met with 2 managers. They required me to take a test that determined my aptitude for that position. They made an offer about 2 weeks later. I negotiated an employment agreement that included moving expenses in addition to regular benefits.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

The interview had pretty typical questions of an interview. For me, the phone interview was the trickiest part for me. I'd say to anyone applying that they have to prepare for the phone interview because for me that was what got in the way to the 3rd interview. Also, research actively about the company and the industry prior to the interview.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Columbia, MO) in September 2016.

Interview

30 minute on-campus interview. 1 on 1 interview. Interviewer went through a sheet of about 10-12 questions that were mostly behavioral. The few technical questions that were asked were about what language you were most comfortable with, what is your experience with that language, and what is your methodology behind debugging in that language.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you where you took on too much responsibility and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Boston, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Analyze and implement manual and automated test tools and strategies. Seeking to continue my career in Software Quality Assurance or Tester field in where there are technical challenges and opportunities to contribute skill to the company and the team.

Interview Questions

• what did you do last position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I would like the offer visa.

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DST Systems.

Interview

It was within the same department, so the interview was very informal. The hiring manager was my existing manager, so it was a matter of making the offer formal and finalized.

Client Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Called by corporate recruiter and was given benefits package and a list of potential questions and ways to answer them for the manager. Managers wanted someone who could hold a conversation and handle pressure.

Phone Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DST Systems in June 2016.

Interview

Very cookie cutter. Did not understand how questions asked applied to job. Interviewers seemed rushed. Felt like was just another person they had to deal with that day. They rather had been elsewhere. Interviewer did not appear engaged.