DST Systems Interview Questions in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 23, 2016

2.6

Client Relations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Called by corporate recruiter and was given benefits package and a list of potential questions and ways to answer them for the manager. Managers wanted someone who could hold a conversation and handle pressure.

Mutual Fund/Corp Securities Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had a short phone interview with the recruiter first. Got a call a few days later to come in for a face to face interview with the hiring manager. The process was fairly relaxed.

Senior Systems Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

Spoke to HR recruiter via phone. The call lasted about 35 minutes and the questions were pretty standard with a few behavioral questions. She described the next step and the need to talk with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at DST? Tell me one thing in this role you really don't like to do.   Answer Question

Contact Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was simple, a lot of "situation" questions then I was explained the job functions and company policies. I completed my face to face interview and got an offer the same day.

Investment Processor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for the Data Management position and was called one day later. An interview was scheduled for five days later for an Investment Processor position instead, because my resume proved I would be better suited for that position. While on the phone Jennifer Spor (HR Rep) asked me a few questions about my employment history, she explained the position to me that I would be interviewing for, and she sent me very clear/detailed instructions for the day of my interview. I interviewed with a man named Josh and a woman (whose name has escaped me) and they were good people! They were funny, laid back, and honest about the conditions of working there. They went back and forth asking me questions about my character, previous employment, and gave me "what would you do" scenarios. The Josh broke down to me what the company and position was about and what would be required from me as an employee. At the end of the interview another woman (a manager from the REITs department) came and gave me a quick tour of 2 floors in the building. She was pleasant and welcoming. Even the guard at the front desk was very sweet. After my interview I received a call from my HR Rep Jennifer Spor four days later offering me the position :) she was more excited than I was, she really invested her energy into me to the point that she formed a personal-esque relationship with me during the process. I still have to perform preemployment drug screening, finger printing, and consumer report checks. Overall the experience has been smooth and pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What kind of person would your previous employer say you are?   Answer Question
    • If you needed help, in what order would you look for answers?

-Knowledge based computer
      -Manager
      -Co-Worker
      Answer Question
    • What is a strength of yours?   Answer Question
    • What is a weakness of yours?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were put in a difficult situation involving a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • If a manager is not present, how would you deal with a co-worker who is unpleasant to work with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did ask for a $2 increase as far as what I was offered in salary, but unfortunately my limited experience in the position did not allow for an increase.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in September 2015.

Interview

Got through career fair. Has three rounds of interviews. first one in college.They asked questions based on our resume. Second is telephonic.Its just HR. Final is onsite. They asked both technical and behavioral.It took 3 weeks for interview process. it will take a lot of time for the result.

Interview Questions

• ell me about a time when you disagreed with management? What did you do?   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in August 2015.

Interview

When I first got to the interview I had to sit and wait about 15 minutes for my interviewer to arrive. Once she arrived I was called back to the interview room. The interviewer seemed to be in a rush and did ask some very difficult questions but they were all related to the stress level of the job as I later found out once I was hired.

Interview Questions

• How well do I handle stress. How well do I multi task. How to I handle a difficult situation in a work environment.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, it was a set pay as I was hourly

Mutual Fund Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview for 30 minutes with typical interview questions, verified information on resume, asked what my goals were. In-person interview about a week later for 45 minutes with 2 of the managers of the department. Was asked how I heard about the job, my strengths and weaknesses, and my goals.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online through their careers webpage. An HR manager called me a week later at 8:00 am for an impromptu phone interview. They asked me one question and then told me to have a nice day. The HR representative did not take the interview seriously, and was in a hurry to get it over with.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in April 2015.

Interview

Apply on LinkedIn. It takes two day to reach me. First round, HR screening. Second round, VP interview. 3rd, Grilled on your resume. Question are not too difficult, such as tell me about the classification method that you familiar with. There focus on your data analysis skills.