DST Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DST Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

Had several phone interviews with a recruiter and then had one face to face interview in Kansas City. The man that I was interviewed by in person was very easy going and friendly. I had to submit a code sample and in the interview I had to explain my code. The whole process was very laid back and what was expected was very clear.

Interview Questions

• Explain your code sample and why you implemented what you did.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DST Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

They went over my resume before asking me a series of technical questions. It was conducted by an HR representative as well as one of their own developers. Questions ranged from both things such as OOP (polymorphism, inheritance, etc.) to more logical problem solving.

Interview Questions

• I have 10 identical balls, except for one that weighs more than the others. I also have one scale. In the least amount of moves, how can I figure out which ball is the one that weighs the most?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

It was just two rounds.
    One held in my university and the second round is onsite. You will get the basic Java questions like concepts, some programming etc.,
    First round is one to one and the second round will have group of members interviewing about different things.
    Explaining your previous project, work experience, technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• writing a program in different wqys   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at DST Systems in February 2015.

Interview

Two Rounds. First one at the University Campus second at their office in Kansas. Both the Interviews may last for 45 minutes to an hour. Technical & Behavioral combined. Interviewers are usually architects, managers. HR is not part of the process except for email & phone communication to set up the onsite interview. Not so great with follow up. Not a smooth process.

Interview Questions

• Depends on your technical background, prior experience and interested areas in software engineering. Varies for each person.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at DST Systems in February 2014.

Interview

Scheduled a phone interview at the University Career Fair. Fairly basic phone interview, which contains questions about the basics of programming.

Interview Questions

• Why is Java one of the most used languages?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at DST Systems (Kansas City, MO).

Interview

First interview was on site.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Birmingham, AL) in October 2010.

Interview

Effective, efficient. Learned things about myself that were self-validating. Made me feel good about accepting offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Easy - fair.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DST Systems (Hyderabad (India)) in April 2014.

Interview

For Me it didn't take that much. They came to campus. One written test followed by technical interview. Later HR round. The questions also simple and answerable. Over all Nice interview. Its completed in one day. for offer letter they took more time.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DST Systems (Pune (India)) in March 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy process takes around one month to finilize. Questions were not so difficult. Some conceptual questions asked in first round of technical interview. Second round was based on some project related questions. Hard to nigotiate, specially if your current salary is not good. Notice period is a big issue to discuss. They will hardly consider more than 30 days.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not so difficult. Some conceptual questions asked in first round of technical interview. Second round was based on some project related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

got 40 % hike hardly.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DST Systems (Hyderabad (India)).

Interview

Had 3 rounds of interviews and all of them were telephonic. First was a technical round which was taken by one person. then another technical round which was taken by a panel. Then a managerial round and then finally the HR round where basically package negotiation was done.

Gave good hike of approx 60%. Accepted offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes in the HR round we negotiated package and got a good hike as well.