DSW Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview Questions

2.4

Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I applied online and the next day received an invitation for the online assessment and questionnaire. The day after completing and submitting the assessment I received an invite for an in person interview. The interview was very personable and they made me feel so comfortable. About an hour after I left they asked me to do a second interview the very next day with another store manager and I was happy to accept. I was asked that afternoon to do a last interview with the District Manager over the phone. All interviews were so informative and comfortable and they followed up with me so quickly after each part of the process. The same day as my interview with the District Manager I was offered the position. If you are like me, you are reading all the reviews about the company on glassdoor. I did the same and found a lot of people saying that the company was unorganized and the follow up was terrible and honestly I almost let it scared me away from wanting to interview. I am so thankful that it didn't because I had nothing but a totally positive experience and I hope you don't let the negative reviews keep you from having an open mind and interviewing with the company.

Interview Questions

• Why DSW?
    What are my strengths/opportunities?
    Why do I feel that I am different from any other candidates?
    Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked in the final interview what my pay expectations where and I stated a certain amount which they met.

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Went really smooth. 4 round interview process currently in the 2nd round. I previously worked for the company so I don't know if that helped or not. But I applied and got a call back literally the same day I finished the application. It was more like a conversation than an interview, then got called for another one for the same day and time, just the next week.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation if two employees were having trouble working with each other.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DSW (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

You have to interview with 2 store managers and a district manager, along with a online questionnaire/application process. The questionnaire involves "logical" thinking and math problems. You are timed on this section but don't worry about it just do your best.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about you successes at your previous job?
      How did you overcome an obstacle?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No I did not negotiate.

Assistant Manager Merchandise Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Austin, TX).

Interview

Initially called/emailed from store manager to set up a phone interview. After phone interview, I met with store manager and assistant manager and interviewed with them. After that, I needed 'approval' from another store manager, so I interviewed at a totally different DSW store with their store manager. After this, I then interviewed with the District Manager to get the final approval for the job. This process took about 3 weeks from start to finish.

Interview Questions

• Not too many difficult or technical questions. All interviews were to make sure you displayed all company values; passion, humility, collaboration, and accountability.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offered a fair hourly salary, and no negotiation took place. Offer is made based on experience. Can range from 12.00/hour to 20.00/hour

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Easy interviews that you just have to go on with two different people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Nonw

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (Houston, TX).

Interview

Completed application on a Wednesday. SM called me to do an interview that Monday. Tuesday i had an interview with the DM. Friday they called for monday orientation. Interview questiona are basic. Why you wanna work for yhe company? What can you offer to the company when hired? Please do sone research on the company..

Anonymous Employee in Brighton, MI

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Brighton, MI) in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted via phone and interviewed with the Store Manager. That same day I was asked if I could go meet the District Manager and interview with her. I was then asked to complete a phone interview with another DM. I was offered the job two days later. Overall, it was a good interviewing experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate salary and the location where I worked. My advice is be honest, ask for what you want, but be ready to compromise. I took a pay cut coming to this company but was able to choose a locaion only a couple of miles from my house.

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Omaha, NE) in June 2011.

Interview

First I met with the Store Manager and had a one on one interview. The following week, the District Manager flew to town and at that time, I interviewed with both the District Manager and the Store Manager.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate, the offer was great!

Assistant Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Denton, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Initial interview with store manager at the highest volume store in the district, then interviewed with the store manager at the next highest volume store, then with the DM, and finally at the store I would be working at. First two interviews were very easy and consisted of all the basic questions you usually get. Interview with the DM was a walk through the store while he talked to you to get to know you better. Last interview was a complete joke. But that is more in reference to the store manager leading it. She spent the entire time talking about herself and the store and didn't ask me a single question about myself.

Interview Questions

• All questions were very basic   1 Answer

Assistant Merchandising Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DSW in November 2010.

Interview

Interviewd with the store manager of the store i'd be working for, lasted about 30-45mins asked basic questions dealing with management style. Met with another store manager the next day, set me up with Dm for the next and was offered the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none