DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

My interview took place in a group of about 5 of us. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions she asked were about the DSW values and how we could apply them to our personal lives. The interview was very brief, and it was much easier than I expected (as I thought it was going to be a little more difficult.)

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview. The interview was with another person, and the interviewer was very nice. It was very relaxed, but do your research. Know different shoe brands, be bubbly, and relax.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. Sat down with the store manager who was very easy going and personable.
    Put me at ease by asking me how I was and what I had been doing recently job wise. Everybody I met at the store was very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick and simple. There were other interviewees before me so it did seemed rushed. She asked if I knew the dsw motto or policy. I dressed up business casual. There were many young girls working there so I was really eager to ace the interview. I think they already had decided on who they were going to hire by the time they got to me though.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (North Haven, CT).

Interview

Had a phone interview first, then they had me come in for an interview with the store manager. They she didn't even take the time to call back after the interview even though she stated the interview went well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed then got an email to take two separate surveys, got a call about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview was very pleasant and conversational. The manager that interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and asked basic interview questions. At the end he said he would call me to schedule a second interview, and they did the next day!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was really calming. It was more of a casual conversation followed up by questions leading from answers. It was short and effective. I am also aware that there is a required background check upon hiring.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in January 2017.

Interview

A manager took me to the break room to ask me a few easy questions and then I had a second interview. The second interview was basically just describing the job.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Very Relaxing! They made you feel as if you were already part of the team from the moment you walked in until you walked out. It was one of my more relaxing interviews yet.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks from applying online to receiving an in person interview request. I had to wait about ten minutes before the interviewer met with me. The entire interview from waiting to answering the questions took about thirty minutes. It was a relaxed interview.