DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.2

524 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I got called for a group interview a week after I applied online . I was told it was a group interview so I was super nervous . I got there 10 minutes early and had to wait a bit . The group interview was just me and one other person . It was a really laid back interview . The manager was super sweet and really showed she loved her job . I was asked the usual interview questions and then taken out onto the floor and shown what the job entails . After the interview we were told we would receive a call or email by next week !

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to DSW at the end of June then got contact 2 1/2 weeks later. The manager was very nice. The interview was pretty basic. She told me that she had more interviews to do in the next couple days and that I'd be hearing from her at the beginning of next week. I did have to wait a bit past the time I was scheduled for. I was told to look around the store until then. I'll​ update when I get the results.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

After filling out online application, received a call from the DM the next day to set up a time for an interview. Interview with DM was about an hour. Getting to know my experience and wanted to find out what I was looking for in my next position. A pretty informal, relaxed interview. I got a call from the DM a few days later to set up a time to interview with another DM in the market. When I got to the store for the interview, the DM was a few minutes late and had no clue of who I was, my past experience. Seemed very unprepared. The DM kept asking strange questions and I felt as though they were disinterested and not focused on the interview. They even checked their phone twice. Was told I would hear back within a few days on their decision. Never heard from them.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

My interview took place in a group of about 5 of us. The manager was very nice and easy to talk to. Most of the questions she asked were about the DSW values and how we could apply them to our personal lives. The interview was very brief, and it was much easier than I expected (as I thought it was going to be a little more difficult.)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

You have to do the quiz you get in your email after filling out the application if you want yout application to even be seen on their end
    2 in person interviews
    Straightforward questions - strengths, weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, etc.
    Not a lengthy process

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Once you submit the application, it takes about a week to get a call back if you fit to get the first interview. After that, they use if they want to give you a second interview to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

very comfortable environment, they asked very easy questions, if they liked you they told you, you go the job on the spot, also they let you look around the store before the interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a quick calm welcoming interview. It was a relaxed interview to get a view of our personalities to see if we would fit in the store ms atmosphere

Interview Questions

• One question was how would you handle a situation where the customer is rude?   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syosset, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Syosset, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

They started off by telling me the job i applied for pretty much didnt exist. Every associate in the store has the same responsibilities. They dragged on the interview for 40 minutes or so just to make it very clear they would contact me the next day if i was hired. 5 days later I get a call asking if i would like to move forward.

Interview Questions

• If you were a shoe what kind of shoe would you be.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I met with the manager inside and sat down and they asked me questions. I had to wait by the chairs in the front while the manager was working at the cash register. Once the customer line finished, then the manager joined me by the chairs at the front of the store and introduced herself and started asking me questions.