DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I completed an online assessment and was called in for an interview within one week. I met with the manager and was offered a position pending completion of a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed then got an email to take two separate surveys, got a call about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview was very pleasant and conversational. The manager that interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and asked basic interview questions. At the end he said he would call me to schedule a second interview, and they did the next day!

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Orlando, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process was really calming. It was more of a casual conversation followed up by questions leading from answers. It was short and effective. I am also aware that there is a required background check upon hiring.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Las Vegas, NV) in January 2017.

Interview

It was group interview, a very relaxed environment. I was in a small group of 3. The manager was very to relate to and open with her wants for the position.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Phone interview was less than 10 minutes. in person interview was less than 1hr. Was notified in less than a week with the offer.
    Make sure to let them know if you are availlbe for weekend.s

Interview Questions

• What do you like about DSW?
      What can you bring to the company?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Very Relaxing! They made you feel as if you were already part of the team from the moment you walked in until you walked out. It was one of my more relaxing interviews yet.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was very pleasant. Not intimidating at all! I met with 2 co-managers in the store and both were very nice and easy to talk to. They were very accommodating on the day/time to come in.

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Austin, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The entire process took about three weeks from applying online to receiving an in person interview request. I had to wait about ten minutes before the interviewer met with me. The entire interview from waiting to answering the questions took about thirty minutes. It was a relaxed interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW (Sugar Land, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was well received, I was interviewed in the office with the store manager and one of the assistant managers. Dress either semi-formal or formal and be prepared to give your driver's license and other important documentation that you need to submit (Social Security card as well). The hiring manager will email you ahead of time what other documents you need to bring and once the interview is over you should IMMEDIATELY finish the online training module and test they send you via email. They'll call you back or email you back within a week so check your email to see if you've been hired on or not!

Interview Questions

• Name a time there was a customer who was upset due to being in line for a long period of time and how did you face them?   1 Answer

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

It was a 2 interview process but it was great. The Sm was very positive asked great insightful questions. A lot about my management style. The dm interview was over the phone. It was pretty much along the same lines as the in person with the Sm. I knew I wanted to work here after they both made me feel so at ease.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was quick and easy.