DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in September 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy, filled out the application online, received a call about wanting to come in for an interview. Was asked why DSW, what are my passions, described the job. No frills, very nice but to the point.

Anonymous Employee in Dunwoody, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Dunwoody, GA) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online & received a call back 2 weeks later for an interview. Right after the interview they asked for a background check. A few days later they called saying I had the job

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that I had to motivate others and how did it work out?   1 Answer
    • Why did I choose DSW?   1 Answer
    • What is my favorite shoe?   Answer Question
    • How would I handle an employee asking me to critique their work with constructive criticism   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Sales Position on their website after seeing an Indeed posting. I had to fill out an online assessment that took around 30 minutes. I received an invitation for a meet and greet from HR 2 days later on a Tuesday. Had the interview on Friday that same week, chatted with HR for about 10 minutes about my experiences, availability and what the job would entail. I was offered the job on the spot and accepted. Did a background check that same day online.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

You will be interviewed by two different managers. They will ask you the basic interview questions. What's your favorite shoe? What will you bring the DSW that others wont? What is your best quality? Just be bubbly and act like you know what you are talking about.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. We met with one manager first, they asked most of the questions. Then later another manager came and asked us some more question if we noticed anything out of place, and what they look for in employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you shopped at a DSW? What was the store like compared to ours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted maybe 15 minutes, before I was offered the job on the spot. With a polite smile on your face and answers that are angled toward a passion for customer service, its a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand of shoe?   1 Answer

Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY).

Interview

Brief and to the point,looking for a basic understanding of your social skills pertaining to addressing customer inquiries.And then providing assessment of your responses.One on One interview ,the questions are not hard,just think before you answer .The interview itself is no pressure just be smart about your responses especially on ethic.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a customer with a complaint?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW (Worcester, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a two part interview with two different interviewers. The setting was very comfortable & I found the conversations to be easy. The conversations mainly consisted of getting my answers on employee loyalty & how I would respond in certain situations & wut I would be doing on the job. All in all best interview of my life .

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Atlanta, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Finished my two step application. Got a phone call the next day for a phone interview. Did three interviews total. Was hired within a week of that first phone call.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

I was given a call by the hr dep for an interview. After interviewing two days after being called I was told immediately to come abroad. I was emailed a security clearance module, 24 hours later I was emailed a "New Employee Paperwork" packet that I was to fill out electronically. I began training the following week.

Interview Questions

• 1. What is your favorite shoe? why?
      2.What is your least favorite shoe? why?
      3.So, tell me about your background in retail?
      4. Are you looking forward to growing with the company?
      5. what do you know about DSW?
      6. Which DSW location do you shop at the most?
      Answer Question