DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.2

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW in August 2016.

Interview

I loved my interview with DSW! The recruiters cared that I had a great experience and they made the process quick and simple. I completed a phone interview and then a few weeks later, I completed a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you failed and how you overcame that failure.   Answer Question

Assistant Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Hoover, AL).

Interview

I received an email for am interview about a week after applying. After my interview with the store manager I received an invitation for a second interview with a peer manager. The next day I had an interview with the district manager. It was a great experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laurel Branch, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DSW (Laurel Branch, MD).

Interview

It took less than a week before I was notified for a job interview. I went in last monday and the environment was grrat. I was told to sit down for awhile and I was invited in. The interviewer led me to her office anf she asked a few questions. It was light and straightforward anf I enjoyed learning more about the company I was interested in working for. Althougj I did not get it, it was still a good experience and not a long wait at all.

Interview Questions

• If you were a shoe, what kind would you be?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable in a leadership role if asked?   1 Answer

Sales Assoxiate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Submit application, group interview, then an interview with the manager.. Overall, it was a great and easy/fun interview process. Management makes you feel very comfortable and it's a fun place to work if you love shoes

Interview Questions

• Talk about your previous jobs.
      Tell me something about you
      Answer Question

Lead Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Skokie, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW (Skokie, IL).

Interview

Interview was fast and simple. Met with store manager in the office and talked about myself, previous work experience, fashion, what I knew about the company. It was important to wear an outfit (expecially shoes that reflected my personality). Be personable, and have some fashion/style knowledge. For instance, oxford versus loafers, gladiator sandals versus sliders or thong sandals. That sort of thing. Know your footwear.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Met with two managers at two different times and with the store manager. They asked pretty basic questions about customer service experience and related skills. There were 3 trainings done on a tablet that were pretty simple and straightforward.

Anonymous Employee in Lithonia, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Lithonia, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

I had two interviews with two different managers . The first was very short , about 15 mins and we discussed my previous jobs and scenarios that could happen while on the job, my school schedule, etc. The second was about 30 mins and was actually more informative than it was an interview. The manager pretty much just gave me a run down of day to day life in the store as well as introduce me to new store policies . The hiring process for me was a little long I Applied back in April/May , interviewed with the first manager early July , had my second interview two weeks later and a week and a half later I was offered the position and should start in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mesquite, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW (Mesquite, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

A recruiter called to set up the interview. I scheduled it for that evening. I arrived about 10 minutes early but did have to wait while the interviewer finished up a phone conference. While I waited, one of the store associates asked me a few background and personality questions. This and the interview itself occurred one on one at the front of the store. When the store manager came out, she finished the interview. Then, she gave me a task to complete in store.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, got a call about a week later. It was super laid back, the guy that interviewed me was super chill, felt more like a casual conversation than an actual interview. my best advice would to know about the company and BREATHE, you will do fine.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application online, sent a link to complete an online assessment, received a call to set up an interview, the interview was very short like 10 minutes, it was more of a conversation than an interview. I got hired on the spot and I was introduced to everyone that was in the store that day. Just fyi if you have worked in different cities they might ask where do you see yourself in Austin or wherever you live in two years, they want to see if your going to be there for the long run.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating due to the fact that I don't have that much retail experience.