DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Raleigh, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was very laid back, we didn't even go into a different room. I was told about the responsibilities about the job and what I would need to do. It only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes and I was basically told that I got the job.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I interviewed at DSW (Columbus, OH) in March 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with three different people before I was given an offer. Two interviews over the phone and one in person. They asked a lot of questions about my experience and personal testimony as well as about the Values of their company.

Interview Questions

• Do you know what our values are and what of those values do you feel you represent well.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in March 2017.

Interview

HR call for background, then a technical phone interview. Questions related to front end development technologies and basic data structures question. Was also asked some probability questions.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, asked about customer service. Did a skit on how to help a customer looking for a shoe. Discussed duties of a sales associate and the basic interview questions like strengths, weaknesses, how to deal with angry customers

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who can't find what they're looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chesapeake, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Quick and simple. There were other interviewees before me so it did seemed rushed. She asked if I knew the dsw motto or policy. I dressed up business casual. There were many young girls working there so I was really eager to ace the interview. I think they already had decided on who they were going to hire by the time they got to me though.

Stock Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Called after one week from applying online and another week before the first interview. Store manager was very nice and inviting to all questions I had about the job and company. Mainly asked questions about prior experience, retail outlook and coaching style. Scheduled a second interview with co manager scheduled 4 days later and was asked in more detail about coaching skills and situation questions. Both interviews were relaxed and casual. Called back one week later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you coached an associate. How did you go about the situation and what was the result?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview with one shift manager and the manager of the store. We were asked about ten questions and answered individually. Management was personable and approachable. I could tell they listened carefully to the answers and made notes on their clip boards.

Interview Questions

• Q; What was the most recent challenge in your life and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in February 2017.

Interview

Long! Multiple interviews with many differ to people. Too long for my preference. Almost became a waste of my time. In the future be prepared to be waiting s long time, having many conversations with people and saying things over and over again.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions, talk about precious employer.   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Levittown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Levittown, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The Interview process was very simple and easy. Applied online and then received a call from one of the manager 2-3 weeks later. Scheduled an interviewer later that week and then was offered the job the next day. The interview was very relaxed, it only took about 15 -30 mins. Most questions were about who i was and some background stories to prove the traits I provided them with. Dress code was very casual as well.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in February 2017.

Interview

short and sweet, the interviewer was nice, we talked about our zodiac sign. she was late but she was nice. i got an offer right after. loved the process, I left happy.

Interview Questions

See What DSW Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar     Former Anonymous Employee

Pros: “• good pay (honestly quite good.) • loyalty (this is somewhat ambiguous. Because of the amount of cliques and superiority in this environment, the people who ARE by your side will stay...”“• good pay (honestly quite good.) • loyalty (this is somewhat ambiguous. Because of the amount of cliques and superiority in this environment, the people who ARE by your side will stay there for some time.) • lenient dress code (of course you can't wear sweatpants and sweatshirts. But you don't have to necessarily wear cardigans and blazers either. You can get away every day with a simple tee shirt and jeans.) • making people feel good about themselves and their self expression (sometimes you'll help customers find the perfect shoe, and in that moment of self hatred and confusion as to why you're even at this job, you'll feel good knowing you're making others feel confident in their personal style. You're helping people look good, and looking good means a lot more to some people than you'd think.) • you'll learn a lot about the real world (if you want to know about the conniving ways of the world, this is the place. The amount of drama between coworkers, who are mostly girls or older women, will baffle you at first. But make sure to watch closely- you'll learn how to survive amongst such people.)” – Full Review