DSW Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.2

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW in June 2016.

Interview

I got a call about two weeks after filling out an application. I went in for an interview that was about 10-15 mins long. Then she set me up with a second interview that was the same amount of time as well. But she asked me the same questions as the first one did. I was under the impression that the second interview was with the manager. But it wasn't the manager was at a different store so I will get a call or email in the next few days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Port Chester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Port Chester, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied and had to take an online quiz to go with the application. The quiz was very long and tedious and often asked about scenarios and was trying to figure out your personality. I think about 2.5-3 weeks later I received a email from the store manager requesting an interview and I was given a time frame which I had to call in and confirm. The interview was super chill and easy. I was only asked about 3-4 questions and I asked about 3-4 questions in return. I was told that they would call me by the end of the week if I got the job, but if I didnt get a call it just meant I didnt get the job. I got the call about 2 days after with a job offer and a salary, which I accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Columbus, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

It took many follow ups to finally get them to look over my application and schedule an interview. However, the interview was very simple and they didn't ask any questions I wasn't expecting a retail company to ask.

Interview Questions

• What does "pace" mean to you?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Duluth, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW (Duluth, MN) in June 2016.

Interview

Easy interview
    Basically told me what the job required and then asked me what i know about DSW. Very relaxing and friendly management, more of a conversation than an interview. Offered me the job on the spot

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Casual and relaxed. Interview was interrupted to assist with customers needs. Was told I'd get a phone call and instead received a corporate generated email stating I did not get the job. A little frustrating when time is taking and you get the automatic response. Seems to be a good company I guess I wasn't the right fit.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Simple, in store management is friendly and genuinely interested in getting to know their associates. Low pressure situation and very casual. It was more of a conversation than it was a question and answer interview.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my current situation and past employers.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy, 10 minutes tops. It was basically like a conversation and she asked very simple questions since I had no experience. She was easygoing and 10 minutes after I left the store, they called me back to continue the hiring process. So basically just show your personality and show your interest in getting the job.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with two people arguing?   1 Answer
    • What can you bring to the store   1 Answer

Sale Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed to work with them during a busy season so the interview process was fairly quick. I only had to interview with the general manager and was hired. The questions are pretty standard and they do ask if you've shopped there before. They really look for people who have retail experience and a love for shoes.

Anonymous Employee in Denton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Denton, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a bit disorganized, however the General Manager at the time was getting sick and having a hard time with scheduling as he was in and out of the hospital. But the managers and general manager together were able to alter their schedules to make time to interview me. But I ended up having two interviews and got the job.

Interview Questions

• What prior sales experience do you have and why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (Gilbert, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

it was very brief and quick. they asked a serious of questions about leadership and team work. most of the questions appeared to be about handling situations as well. they ask your availability and see if you have any previous work experience and if you handle well customer service. I got notified within five days through a phone call in the evening telling me I got hired.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you showed leadership.
      Tell me a time there was a situation or problem that could not be resolved without a team. What was the situation? What was the outcome?
      Answer Question