DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

After I submitted my application, I was called in for an interview. The first interview asked basic questions. Later that week I was called in for a second interview where I was told that I was hired after being asked a few more questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to work with a group and member wasn't pulling their weight.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA).

Interview

Had two rounds. The first was with an assistant manger the second interview was with the store manager. They ask the general questions about why you want to work for the company and how your previous job experience will help in this position. Everyone I talked to was friendly.

Interview Questions

• How have you resolved an uncomfortable or difficult situation at work before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and casual. Sat down with the store manager who was very easy going and personable.
    Put me at ease by asking me how I was and what I had been doing recently job wise. Everybody I met at the store was very nice and friendly.

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, asked about customer service. Did a skit on how to help a customer looking for a shoe. Discussed duties of a sales associate and the basic interview questions like strengths, weaknesses, how to deal with angry customers

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who can't find what they're looking for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (San Diego, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Group interview with one shift manager and the manager of the store. We were asked about ten questions and answered individually. Management was personable and approachable. I could tell they listened carefully to the answers and made notes on their clip boards.

Interview Questions

• Q; What was the most recent challenge in your life and what did you learn from it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I completed an online assessment and was called in for an interview within one week. I met with the manager and was offered a position pending completion of a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed then got an email to take two separate surveys, got a call about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview was very pleasant and conversational. The manager that interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and asked basic interview questions. At the end he said he would call me to schedule a second interview, and they did the next day!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was very pleasant. Not intimidating at all! I met with 2 co-managers in the store and both were very nice and easy to talk to. They were very accommodating on the day/time to come in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

They had a group interview, where the interviewer would ask one random question to each interview one by one. After you would do on the floor interview, where they would watch you help out customers buying shoes.

Interview Questions

• One question was what would be one negative thing about working at DSW?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Short, easy, I would have to say they want to know alot about customer service. The interview is about 20-30 min long. If I were to give any suggestion I would say not to have a group interview. I think they do them because they get so many applications, but it seems like you don't care to know the personal as an individual. Still efficient, but less personal.