DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at DSW

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

I interviewed to work with them during a busy season so the interview process was fairly quick. I only had to interview with the general manager and was hired. The questions are pretty standard and they do ask if you've shopped there before. They really look for people who have retail experience and a love for shoes.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Sale Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW in May 2013.

Interview

Apply online, receive a call to schedule an interview. There are two interviews: the first one is with the hiring manager. If that one goes well, they will schedule a second interview with the store manager. There is a personality quiz in the application, and they did refer to your answers from the quiz in the interview and had you expand on why you made certain choices. I remember being asked to expand on my answer to a question regarding my opinion on breaking rules/protocol. I don't remember which options were available for answers, but I remember clicking something along the lines of "sometimes". I stated that I agree that it is good to follow rules/protocol in general, but that there are situations that do call for exemptions, particularly when a customer has an extenuating circumstance. The manager at the time really liked that answer. Overall, super easy interview process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had a difficult time working with another person: what was the problem, and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cupertino, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW (Cupertino, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

It was a one on one with one of the general managers. She mostly asked me about my insight of the latest fashion trends and general service knowledge. Not very in depth, not very friendly, but I got the job anyway.

Interview Questions

• How up to date are you on current and changing fashion trends?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Loma Linda, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month out, I figured I would apply to every job I could find a month early since most companies don't look at applications early anyway. I got a call from Old Navy and Charlotte Russe about two days later, declined their interviews since I was out of state still. Right when I arrived home I got a call from DSW and went in for an interview about a week later. It was super easy. I never did an interview before and I'm a fairly anxious person to begin with, so I was super worried. I even went on Glassdoor and read every interview/questions I could find. I studied them like crazy! It ended up being very casual, felt like just having a one on one conversation with a few questions. So if you're stressing over it, don't. I winged a couple of the questions. They are honestly just looking for someone with passion. She straight up told me a person could walk in with 15 years of experience from Nike but if they didn't have passion they would deny them. You can't teach passion, but you can train someone with passion to do an excellent job. The first interview took about an hour. She asked me right there to come again the next day to meet the head manager. Went in the next day, head manager just asked me if I was comfortable about a few things. She mostly just explained the process and then hired me on the spot. So far I've had two training sessions. First was a 2 hour session, got a tour of the place and recovered a couple sales sections since their training computer broke. Next training was 3 hours and I was on the computer doing the online program the entire time. Haven't been back since, my next shift is about two weeks out. I will say one thing that was disappointing was that they never said it was a seasonal position until I met the head manager. It was not even posted on the site that it was seasonal. But she did say they're looking to hire part-time employees after the seasonal and as long as I don't do something crazy up they'd probably keep me around. I am still a bit bummed because I turned down a job I've been applying to and wanting for two years at another company, they called me the day after I took the DSW job. So hopefully I don't regret my decision!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself

What do you not like to do?

Do you like working alone or in groups?

When are you available to start working?

Describe one time you surprised a previous coworker/manager (or in my case a teacher)

What are your weaknesses?

What do you love to do/what are your hobbies?

What do you do in your free time?

Can you take criticism?

Are you good at working with computers/technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Very fast and easy. Offered me a job on the spot even though the manager said they normally wait a couple days to call back. I start next week. :)

Anonymous Employee in Pembroke Pines, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Pembroke Pines, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website and was called back within about two days. I came in about a week and a half later for a group interview with three other candidates. The hiring manager had us introduce ourselves and then answer questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Palm Desert, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Palm Desert, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

Asked about customer service. Please be yourself. Please be patient. Please be respectful. have eye contact. Do not be robotic in your approach. It's in your best interest to dress appropriate and know a thing or two about shoes

Interview Questions

• what does customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Birmingham, AL) in February 2015.

Interview

Hiring Manager will come and get you from the front and take you to the office and ask a series of questions. Very simple, easy to answer even if you haven't had retail experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult situation and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Wauwatosa, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

It was really quick and simple I don't really remember all the questions they asked specifically but they were simple and straight to the point. They did ask "Why should we hire you?"

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, and pretty straight forward questions were asked. Just make sure to answer with depth answers. I applied online and got an email about the interview within a couple of days. I was offered the job, only two hours after my interview.