DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.1

277 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Canoga Park, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Canoga Park, CA).

Interview

A small set of customer service based questions in the back stock rooom of the store that were fairly basic questions that are normally asked at starting level jobs.

Interview Questions

• What is one difficult situation you had in your previous experience and what did you do?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Webster, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Webster, TX).

Interview

Interview process was simple. It was conducted in the store by the store manager. They were friendly and asked general interview questions . They want to get a feel for your personality, just be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you dealt with an irate customer, and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Applied online, had an online test with behavioral questions, math, etc. I passed that test and was called for in person interview. The manager who interviewed me was really nice. I got an offer on the spot. Very easy and fast process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Very fast and easy. Offered me a job on the spot even though the manager said they normally wait a couple days to call back. I start next week. :)

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an email less than a week later to schedule an in-person interview. The interview was two parts; first, it was a group interview with about 8 of us and the store manager. The manager chose people she liked from the bunch and then sent them to have a one-on-one interview with the hiring director on the same day. If all goes well, you're told to look out for a background check email where you give your information and they determine, based on your records, whether or not they will offer you a job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

The first interview was held by an associate manager. Second immediately followed by the store manager. When I left, they started doing interviews individually with one manager or with both.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions on top of why DSW, why shoes.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Group interview, I was with one other person and the manager. Very chill and informal, interview wasn't intimidating. Thoroughly explained expectations , how the job and company operate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Asheville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I went and met with the store manager. She was very nice, but busy, so she rushed the interview a bit. It only lasted maybe 10 minutes, but it was still comfortable despite how fast paced it was.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite retail store and do they have a rewards program?   1 Answer
    • Why DSW?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Loma Linda, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month out, I figured I would apply to every job I could find a month early since most companies don't look at applications early anyway. I got a call from Old Navy and Charlotte Russe about two days later, declined their interviews since I was out of state still. Right when I arrived home I got a call from DSW and went in for an interview about a week later. It was super easy. I never did an interview before and I'm a fairly anxious person to begin with, so I was super worried. I even went on Glassdoor and read every interview/questions I could find. I studied them like crazy! It ended up being very casual, felt like just having a one on one conversation with a few questions. So if you're stressing over it, don't. I winged a couple of the questions. They are honestly just looking for someone with passion. She straight up told me a person could walk in with 15 years of experience from Nike but if they didn't have passion they would deny them. You can't teach passion, but you can train someone with passion to do an excellent job. The first interview took about an hour. She asked me right there to come again the next day to meet the head manager. Went in the next day, head manager just asked me if I was comfortable about a few things. She mostly just explained the process and then hired me on the spot. So far I've had two training sessions. First was a 2 hour session, got a tour of the place and recovered a couple sales sections since their training computer broke. Next training was 3 hours and I was on the computer doing the online program the entire time. Haven't been back since, my next shift is about two weeks out. I will say one thing that was disappointing was that they never said it was a seasonal position until I met the head manager. It was not even posted on the site that it was seasonal. But she did say they're looking to hire part-time employees after the seasonal and as long as I don't do something crazy up they'd probably keep me around. I am still a bit bummed because I turned down a job I've been applying to and wanting for two years at another company, they called me the day after I took the DSW job. So hopefully I don't regret my decision!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself

What do you not like to do?

Do you like working alone or in groups?

When are you available to start working?

Describe one time you surprised a previous coworker/manager (or in my case a teacher)

What are your weaknesses?

What do you love to do/what are your hobbies?

What do you do in your free time?

Can you take criticism?

Are you good at working with computers/technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DSW (Denver, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

They called me in for an interview, they asked me the stereotypical questions (where do you see yourself in five years, what makes you qualified for this job, etc) and I got hired on the spot.