DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Employee in McAllen, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (McAllen, TX).

Interview

Very laid back, asked about customer service. Did a skit on how to help a customer looking for a shoe. Discussed duties of a sales associate and the basic interview questions like strengths, weaknesses, how to deal with angry customers

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a customer who can't find what they're looking for?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I completed an online assessment and was called in for an interview within one week. I met with the manager and was offered a position pending completion of a background check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Glendale, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through indeed then got an email to take two separate surveys, got a call about a month later to come in for an interview. The interview was very pleasant and conversational. The manager that interviewed me made me feel very comfortable and asked basic interview questions. At the end he said he would call me to schedule a second interview, and they did the next day!

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

My interview was very pleasant. Not intimidating at all! I met with 2 co-managers in the store and both were very nice and easy to talk to. They were very accommodating on the day/time to come in.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

They had a group interview, where the interviewer would ask one random question to each interview one by one. After you would do on the floor interview, where they would watch you help out customers buying shoes.

Interview Questions

• One question was what would be one negative thing about working at DSW?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Short, easy, I would have to say they want to know alot about customer service. The interview is about 20-30 min long. If I were to give any suggestion I would say not to have a group interview. I think they do them because they get so many applications, but it seems like you don't care to know the personal as an individual. Still efficient, but less personal.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY).

Interview

I first had a phone interview before I was called in stores. On the phone they just asked me why I wanted to work at DSW and why I was qualified for the job. Then I had a one on one interview with my interviewer. It was a very pleasant experience. It was more of a conversation rather than an interview. Since I didn't have any prior experience in retail, she really wanted to make sure I could handle the job. Payment was discussed as well as schedule. The dress attire was business casual. Overall, the interview lasted about 10 minutes and ended with her telling me that she will call back to let me know how I did.

Interview Questions

• Q: What would your previous employer say is your worst quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Euless, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW (Euless, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied on Indeed. I got an email from the manager asking that I complete the application on their website. Once I did that and let them know I was finished I was asked to do an interview the very next day. It was very laid back. I was asked about my recent history. What type of show I would be and other various typical interview questions. I bonded really well with the manager, and was hired on the spot. There is no drug test, only a background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you resolved it   Answer Question

Negotiation

They directly let me know the starting pay was $9, which I was okay with.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview. We met with one manager first, they asked most of the questions. Then later another manager came and asked us some more question if we noticed anything out of place, and what they look for in employees.

Interview Questions

• Have you shopped at a DSW? What was the store like compared to ours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DSW (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview process lasted maybe 15 minutes, before I was offered the job on the spot. With a polite smile on your face and answers that are angled toward a passion for customer service, its a piece of cake.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand of shoe?   1 Answer