DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.1

267 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Applied online, had an online test with behavioral questions, math, etc. I passed that test and was called for in person interview. The manager who interviewed me was really nice. I got an offer on the spot. Very easy and fast process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Very fast and easy. Offered me a job on the spot even though the manager said they normally wait a couple days to call back. I start next week. :)

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

The first interview was held by an associate manager. Second immediately followed by the store manager. When I left, they started doing interviews individually with one manager or with both.

Interview Questions

• Generic interview questions on top of why DSW, why shoes.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Group interview, I was with one other person and the manager. Very chill and informal, interview wasn't intimidating. Thoroughly explained expectations , how the job and company operate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Asheville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Asheville, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I went and met with the store manager. She was very nice, but busy, so she rushed the interview a bit. It only lasted maybe 10 minutes, but it was still comfortable despite how fast paced it was.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite retail store and do they have a rewards program?   1 Answer
    • Why DSW?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Loma Linda, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Loma Linda, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied about a month out, I figured I would apply to every job I could find a month early since most companies don't look at applications early anyway. I got a call from Old Navy and Charlotte Russe about two days later, declined their interviews since I was out of state still. Right when I arrived home I got a call from DSW and went in for an interview about a week later. It was super easy. I never did an interview before and I'm a fairly anxious person to begin with, so I was super worried. I even went on Glassdoor and read every interview/questions I could find. I studied them like crazy! It ended up being very casual, felt like just having a one on one conversation with a few questions. So if you're stressing over it, don't. I winged a couple of the questions. They are honestly just looking for someone with passion. She straight up told me a person could walk in with 15 years of experience from Nike but if they didn't have passion they would deny them. You can't teach passion, but you can train someone with passion to do an excellent job. The first interview took about an hour. She asked me right there to come again the next day to meet the head manager. Went in the next day, head manager just asked me if I was comfortable about a few things. She mostly just explained the process and then hired me on the spot. So far I've had two training sessions. First was a 2 hour session, got a tour of the place and recovered a couple sales sections since their training computer broke. Next training was 3 hours and I was on the computer doing the online program the entire time. Haven't been back since, my next shift is about two weeks out. I will say one thing that was disappointing was that they never said it was a seasonal position until I met the head manager. It was not even posted on the site that it was seasonal. But she did say they're looking to hire part-time employees after the seasonal and as long as I don't do something crazy up they'd probably keep me around. I am still a bit bummed because I turned down a job I've been applying to and wanting for two years at another company, they called me the day after I took the DSW job. So hopefully I don't regret my decision!

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit about yourself

What do you not like to do?

Do you like working alone or in groups?

When are you available to start working?

Describe one time you surprised a previous coworker/manager (or in my case a teacher)

What are your weaknesses?

What do you love to do/what are your hobbies?

What do you do in your free time?

Can you take criticism?

Are you good at working with computers/technology?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I got called for a group interview a week after I applied online . I was told it was a group interview so I was super nervous . I got there 10 minutes early and had to wait a bit . The group interview was just me and one other person . It was a really laid back interview . The manager was super sweet and really showed she loved her job . I was asked the usual interview questions and then taken out onto the floor and shown what the job entails . After the interview we were told we would receive a call or email by next week !

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to DSW at the end of June then got contact 2 1/2 weeks later. The manager was very nice. The interview was pretty basic. She told me that she had more interviews to do in the next couple days and that I'd be hearing from her at the beginning of next week. I did have to wait a bit past the time I was scheduled for. I was told to look around the store until then. I'll​ update when I get the results.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, and pretty straight forward questions were asked. Just make sure to answer with depth answers. I applied online and got an email about the interview within a couple of days. I was offered the job, only two hours after my interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

You have to do the quiz you get in your email after filling out the application if you want yout application to even be seen on their end
    2 in person interviews
    Straightforward questions - strengths, weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, etc.
    Not a lengthy process

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?   Answer Question