DSW Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

2.1

257 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

I got called for a group interview a week after I applied online . I was told it was a group interview so I was super nervous . I got there 10 minutes early and had to wait a bit . The group interview was just me and one other person . It was a really laid back interview . The manager was super sweet and really showed she loved her job . I was asked the usual interview questions and then taken out onto the floor and shown what the job entails . After the interview we were told we would receive a call or email by next week !

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Chicago, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied to DSW at the end of June then got contact 2 1/2 weeks later. The manager was very nice. The interview was pretty basic. She told me that she had more interviews to do in the next couple days and that I'd be hearing from her at the beginning of next week. I did have to wait a bit past the time I was scheduled for. I was told to look around the store until then. I'll​ update when I get the results.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Brooklyn, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

It was really easy, and pretty straight forward questions were asked. Just make sure to answer with depth answers. I applied online and got an email about the interview within a couple of days. I was offered the job, only two hours after my interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

You have to do the quiz you get in your email after filling out the application if you want yout application to even be seen on their end
    2 in person interviews
    Straightforward questions - strengths, weaknesses, what would you do in certain situations, etc.
    Not a lengthy process

Interview Questions

• If you could be any kind of shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Once you submit the application, it takes about a week to get a call back if you fit to get the first interview. After that, they use if they want to give you a second interview to hire you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

very comfortable environment, they asked very easy questions, if they liked you they told you, you go the job on the spot, also they let you look around the store before the interview

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lafayette, LA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DSW (Lafayette, LA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was a quick calm welcoming interview. It was a relaxed interview to get a view of our personalities to see if we would fit in the store ms atmosphere

Interview Questions

• One question was how would you handle a situation where the customer is rude?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I met with the manager inside and sat down and they asked me questions. I had to wait by the chairs in the front while the manager was working at the cash register. Once the customer line finished, then the manager joined me by the chairs at the front of the store and introduced herself and started asking me questions.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and was invited to interview. The interview was with another person, and the interviewer was very nice. It was very relaxed, but do your research. Know different shoe brands, be bubbly, and relax.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

Easy interview process, I applied at online then received a phone call to schedule an interview. The process was very quick and easy, I had an interview with a store manager, super friendly and nice. I received a phone call within a week relieving a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and how you resolved it   Answer Question