DSW Store Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DSW Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 11, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DSW (New York, NY).

Interview

I had two interviews. The first one with a district manager and then the second with the Regional manager. They asked standard interview questions. Process was easy and took approximately a week from start to offer.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DSW

Anonymous Employee in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at DSW (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview and was asked to come in shortly after. The current manager was extremely friendly and professional and definitely knew how to make people feel important. Was asked general questions, work experience, ethics, how i plan to sell, manage, lead. The interesting part came when she asked me to go pick out 3 outfits for 3 different occasions. Was definitely a fun interview.

Interview Questions

• How do I plan and leading my team to produce excellent results.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW in August 2015.

Interview

Total of 5 phone interviews. 2 store managers, 2 district managers and finally the regional. Very few business questions (maybe because I was internal), mostly focused on what type of leader I am, my personality and what I've been exposed to over the years. First interview was hardest, last 2 were a breeze. They basically asked what do you need, how can we help you. What are your goals. It became a little stressful waiting so long, getting 5 interviews to work with everyone's schedule doesn't happen in a week

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I pushed back twice on my offer. After some phone calls I was told that's as high as they could go. They're on a tight budget and don't negotiate

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

I met with the district supervisor and then did a telephone interview with another district supervisor. The interviews were very laid back. The questions were mostly basic but there were some that really challenged me.

Interview Questions

• What would be my first goals upon becoming the store manager.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

Was average interview no difference then other company.you need to fill the application online if you qualify company needs somebody will call you to set up the interview with DM after that if your first interview its ok you will get another interview with the Regional DM.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DSW in January 2015.

Interview

The recruiter was very agressive, did not spend time listening. He over spoke me throughout the entire conversation. I never was made felt unvalued over a phone interview in my career. I feel that this specific recruiter needs to have a refresh course on evaulating talent over the phone. Also, do not use judgemental words, it does not make the interviewee feel valued.

Thanks

Interview Questions

• Asked for my background work history , and kept asking I don't get it.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DSW.

Interview

All paperwork is done online. There is a personality test, math and language test. Took me 4 months from application to hire and 6 weeks from offer to start date. This is a really bad place to work the only plus is the shoe discount but you end up spending your whole check here.

Interview Questions

• Depends on who you interview with. Be prepared to talk about bending over backwards for customers and holding people to a high standard. How do you do this?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation available.Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hampton, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW (Hampton, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

Where to start...... I was contacted by an area manager in regards to interviewing for a store manager position. After the conclusion of the interview, I was asked to speak with the Regional after she returned from being out of town for a week. I was told that it would roughly be Tuesday or Wednesday of the following week. On Monday, I called to follow up on the interview process and to see if the interview would still be conducted on Tuesday or Wednesday and if so, what time? The Area manager stated that she would find out and call me back. I did not hear anything from them until the following Monday when she called and asked me to come interview in person with the District Manager. I went to that interview and the next day she called and asked me to interview with the Regional via phone the following week. After I spoke to the Regional, she promised to get back to me that day and that would be the end of this drawn out interview process. I spoke to the Regional who told me that she would circle back to the DM and they would contact me in a day or two. After two days I contacted the area manager who said that she would have to wait until Monday to get back to me. Well...... Its Friday, I reached out via email about the position and still have had not received a response.
      Ok, I have been a store manager for years and I understand that you cant get every job that you apply for but this has been the most unprofessional interview process that I have ever encountered. It's ok to not get a job, but when you get to the FOURTH interview and a candidate calls to follow up... then at least have the decency and professionalism to inform them that they did not get the position. Don't string people along for two months. For a company that shoves their "values" at you every second they get, they don't seem to follow them so well. Retail is a small world, it's usually a good idea to keep strong candidates(or any candidate for that matter) as a connection... not irritate them to no ends... Stop telling people you will call them back when you know that you wont!!! Leadership 101.... learn how to tackle tough conversations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DSW (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

You have to go through over 100 online questions, and then if you pass you will get a call from the District manager for a telephone interview.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DSW in October 2012.

Interview

Unprofessional Company.....They do not have qualified managment running their organization. They are down right rude to their people. I have sought legal advice and will be taking proper action against this company.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

not able to negoiate,