DTE Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

First you apply and have a test online. Then if you past the initial test they send a invitation for onsite testing which was kind of rigorous but I passed that only to find out I had another on site test. Passed the second one also. The test overseers were very nice people. Finally an interview. The interview uses the STAR method which is hard to follow. The interview panel were 4 people who were not the friendliest group.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in August 2017.

Interview

Terrible HR department. Getting into this company is nothing but luck. Do not waste your time. The HR rep knew nothing about the position, and was very rude. By far the worst company I have ever dealt with.

Splicer Apprentice Interview

Interview

I took the DTE pre hiring test it took me almost one hour long 12 hours later i received a rejection letter from DTE saying they didn't need my service and the i couldn't apply for a job in a year.. it didn't say why i didn't pass neither a score or anything totally confused right now?

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was slow and poorly organized. I applied for a full-time position in mid-January. Two weeks later, I was sent an online assessment, which I passed. Another six weeks went by before I was contacted about scheduling a phone screening. After the phone screening, another month went by, and I had to send reminders to the recruiter before I got any response.

Associate Electronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

The lady interviewed me was very nice. She mainly asked questions about how to deal with different situations in a teamwork, such as "what will you do if your team member does not agree with you?"

Interview Questions

• What will you do if your team member does not agree with you.   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

DTE has a very well-defined process of testing and ensuring candidates are equipped to perform the job they are applying for, which starts with a battery of standard testing for proficiency, speed, accuracy and comprehension. There is also an initial character-trait testing to discover more about how your personality will interact and/or where best you would fit in the organization. Later in the process, a background check or FBI check will be done, depending on the job applied for.

Interview Questions

• What was the most enjoyable aspect of your last job?   1 Answer

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Ann Arbor, MI) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted a resume to an online posting. Received an e-mail saying I had met their qualifications and was invited to take online testing for the next phase. I took their online standardized test. Afterwards I received an e-mail saying I passed that phase and would be contacted for an interview. About a week later I received an e-mail asking me to select 2 interview times. I selected some times and was e-mailed a interview confirmation and a link to fill out a background check. I went to the interview which lasted 1 hour. It was 3 people interviewing me at once using 5 standardized questions. I asked what the next step would be. They told me they would decide in a week. About 8 days later I received a form e-mail rejection letter.

Interview Questions

• All questions are standardized. Tell me about a time you had to work with someone that wasn't a team player.   Answer Question

Creative Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

There is an online assessment that must be completed and passed, upon application. The online assessment takes about an hour to complete. If you 'pass' it, you move forward in the interview process. If you don't, then you must wait 365 days to re-apply and re-take the assessment. I passed the assessment. It was mostly a personality based type of test.

After passing the assessment, I received a call from HR to schedule an in person interview.

It was an extremely formal interview process based on STARS method. I was told I'd be meeting with one person but then there were three others in the room. All very formal and all feverishly scribbling notes on my responses. There wasn't too much give and take. It wasn't a conversational type of interview. Very black and white. It felt very, very cold.

They asked me a total of about 6-7 questions plus follow-ups to those questions. I was initially told there would only be three questions. I usually shine at interviews and am at ease. Not at this one. It literally felt like an interrogation. The interviewers were nice, but it felt like they were trying so hard to fit to a standard, that they couldn't even relax and converse.

I can't recall if it was before or after the interview when HR asked about my salary requirement. But it was fairly late in the process. I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't do that well at the interview, it was my worst interview ever, but I also can't help but wonder if the salary requirement played a big part too. I think salary requirement questions should be asked upfront, especially before someone goes through an hour long assessment.

Another note, HR was really aloof during the whole process. I only dealt with one person but this person was not very receptive and did not return a phone call when I called with a question before going in to interview.

Interview Questions

• Basically every generic "describe a time when" and "how did you handle it" and "what were the results" question out there. They have a list of dozens of these questions they could ask you and they choose which ones to ask. It's hard to prepare because although these questions are generic, you never know which ones they're going to ask.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview
    Applied online through their website and got called in about a week later. They do background check before the actual interview. Interview was almost all based on STAR method. Interviewed by 2 people, HR person and plant manager. They mostly took notes with heads down the entire time. It wasn't personal at all and they seemed more concerned about filling the paper than the content of my answers.
    Not much else to say about the process. It was fairly simple and easy. The people somewhat down to earth. I'm not sure what else to write here to meet the 50 word requirement for this review. This is pretty much all I can say about the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about youself, and some behavior questions in star method.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in April 2016.

Interview

Star process. They let you know in advance this is the process they will use but you still have no idea what the interview questions will be until the actual interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced difficulty on a job, and how did you solve it?

Describe a time you faced difficulty on the job and how did you solve it?   Answer Question