DTE Energy Interview Questions in Michigan | Glassdoor

Interviews at DTE Energy

2.8

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Newport, MI).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, including HR. They used the STAR method. Situation, Task, Action, Results. It was a mass hiring at my time, where 20+ people were hired and over 100 made the first cut. But this is not typical so it will be a different process for everyone.

Co-Op Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in March 2020.

Interview

After some light chit chat, they utilized the STAR method for the interview. I interviewed with two managers, and they took turns asking questions and writing down responses to my answers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult project you worked on with a team.   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in January 2020.

Interview

Started with the online personality quiz and then got a call to set up an in person interview. I was interviewed by 3 people that are part of the group I would be joining. About half the interview was in the STAR format and are usual interview questions. The other half of the interview was general discussion regarding prior work experience and about the group I would be joining and my prior knowledge of group. In just under 3 weeks I received an offer and went through the background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to lead other people as a team   Answer Question

Organizational Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in January 2020.

Interview

Already had taken the standard DTE pre-assessment, so received an email offering me different interview dates. Was told to prepare a very specific PowerPoint presentation, with very exacting guidelines. Attended interview expecting to give a presentation, but interview consisted of somewhat general questions using the STAR technique. The presentation (which took days to design/refine) was given a one-minute cursory review. I thought the interview would be centered on it.

Interview Questions

• (Paraphrasing) tell us about a time you helped your team members.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in December 2019.

Interview

3-person panel, very basic questions...panel members barely engaged in the process. Very little enthusiasm. Used STAR as a crutch in the process.

Left a very mediocre impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• All were standardized, broad-stroke questions not designed to the position being discussed.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Westland, MI) in October 2019.

Interview

Online questionnaire after application asking what kind of worker you are and what you would do if you were in certain situations in the workplace. If selected, move on to interview process.

Interview Questions

• What is the most technical problem you solved at previous job.   Answer Question

Associate Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

I applied online and heard back 4.5 weeks later from HR wanting me to take an online assessment. I passed the assessment and then was scheduled for an interview a few weeks later. The in person interview was a 4 person panel and 90% of the questions were using the STAR method. Not only will they ask you questions in the STAR method but they will ask follow up questions to your experiences and really grill you on your thought processes. Overall DTE really needs to speed up their hiring process - they have the potential to miss out on a lot of great candidates. It took over 3 weeks to get a rejection letter from the company. At the end of the day I did not receive an offer, but overall the panel was nice and challenging.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you didn't meet expectations and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when something went wrong at work and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI).

Interview

Pre-Hire Assessment Online
    Phone Screening: 3 interviewers
    Interview 1: List of STAR questions panel of 3 interviewers. Standard interview format.
    Interview 2: More informal with one of the interviewers from the first interview and the Director of Engineering.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you needed information from someone and they were unwilling to share it. What did you do?   Answer Question

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Detroit, MI) in June 2019.

Interview

Applying online and then receiving an email to complete an online assessment. This is a timed assessment and has about 30 questions if my memory serves me right. The questions range from scenario based tasks to personality type (example: how would you rate yourself as a productive worker?). The wait time is a bit long to receive a returned email.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate yourself with the compatibility of other coworkers?

1 being not very compatible, 5 being very compatible.   Answer Question

Manager - Nuclear Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DTE Energy (Newport, MI).

Interview

Recruiter made first contact. Completed a phone screening and personality/behavior analysis survey. After receiving a favorable review of my survey answers, contacted by recruiter to setup an interview. Company flew me to the site. Panel interview with members of senior management team; HR Manager, Business Unit Director, Plant Manager and Site Vice President. Toured certain buildings after interview was complete. Contacted with an offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle various types of scenarios involving tense dialogue between myself and external oversight agencies?   Answer Question