DaVita Acute Dialysis RN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Acute Dialysis RN Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Grand Rapids, MI).

Interview

They will interview anyone who applies. Need only to apply. Would not recommend this job for a new grad, too much you need to learn in regard to hospital nursing to handle an emergency...and they will not teach you. Fill out online application, manager calls you and arranges an interview. Go into office where they basically describe the job, make sure you have a RN license, and that your schedule is flexible enough to be available at their beck and call. Flexibility is very important...tell them that you love OT and you love to be short shifted and you're in!

Interview Questions

• are you flexible in regard to your schedule   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. Very basic easy questions. Was told my info would be forwarded to hiring manager. I received a call from FA within a few hours to set up an in-person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Frederick, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed via phone by HR to see if I was a match for the position. I then had an on-site interview with the Facility Administrator. At the end of the week, I shadowed a current nurse for about 4 hours. The interview process was relatively easy with my Acute Care background. I felt like the questions were more behavioral to see if I'd for into the current clinical staff and environment, and my clinical skills/abilities were not questioned since they have a very comprehensive training program for those new to dialysis.

Interview Questions

• Will the schedule be a problem for you? (3x12 hr shifts, on-call rotation, working every other Saturday, occasional longer shifts, occasional comp time.)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DaVita (Sterling, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

The entire process took place over the phone from another state and was very streamlined. The recruiter was kind and intelligent, she connected me with my manager immediately and the whole process was done in a few hours.

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in February 2015.

Interview

Contacted by email for phone interview. Was told I would get confirmation of time for face to face interview and never heard back. Still waiting to hear from them.

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

there are 4 steps. recruiter calls, interview with F.A, go to meet with a peer, and then a final interview with another administrator. the interview was as expected nothing too difficult. It seems to be a good company to work for they didn't sugar coat anything were as accurate as possible except the employee was a bit negative about the position

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Interview done via phone, first spoke with the recruiter. Then another interview with the regional operations director. 3rd interview with acute supervisor. Whole process was very lengthy and took place over 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Mostly spoke about what the job entailed and how DaVita works. Asked me about my current job and what duties I perform. Asked how I communicate with others in a difficult situation and to give examples.   Answer Question

Offered me an hourly rate that was less than I was currently making.

Acute Dialysis RN Interview

Interview

The hiring process was smooth I don't have anymore to say and I am not feeling that you are making me say more for this review when I don't have anything else to say.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was difficulty I felt like I was having a conversation with an old friend, quite relaxing   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was smooth and without complaints

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Houston, TX) in June 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by online recruiter and set up for phone interview 2 days later. Interview went well, closed with interviewer saying he would push me forward to the next stage of the process. I heard nothing for 2 weeks, but was then emailed back by same recruiter, who apologized and said next person would be contacting me. To his credit, that woman called 15 minutes later to set up interview with FA the next Tuesday. I went to that interview, felt it went well, was told about training and salary and then told FA (who had been on the job 2 weeks) was going back to Colorado for training, but would contact me the following Monday. Monday came and went, another week passed, and I sent a follow-up email to that FA inquiring about my status insofar as being considered or rejected for employment. Two more days have passed and I have not heard back either through email or telephone.

I felt both people I interviewed with were very nice, but busy. The people in the office did not seem unhappy or bitter. The facility seemed clean. I did seem to know more about the company than the FA did, especially its green initiative, but that's probably splitting hairs.

They should have contacted me. That's basic business protocol and also polite when adults interact with each other personally or professionally. I can't speculate why things happened as they did, but I know that I would have have handled things differently if our roles were reversed.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a co-worker who is not pulling his weight?   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

The first interview I had was with a recruiter over the phone after I had set up a profile and applied for positions online. That interview was 20 minutes. Then I had a phone interview with the facility administrator for the position I was applying for. I then had an interview in person with the FA and two other clinical coordinators. After that, they narrowed down the candidates to 4, and invited us each in for a 2 hour "shadow day" to see how we interacted in the dialysis environment and also to see if it was something that would still interest us.

Interview Questions

• What makes you see yourself as a dialysis RN?   Answer Question
    • What qualities do you have that you believe would make you a good dialysis RN?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I felt that I actually should have negotiated for more. But yes, there is a chance to negotiate salary.