DaVita Clinical Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Clinical Coordinator Interview Questions

Updated Dec 24, 2016

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Verbal, in person 30 minute interview with Administrator and peer Clinical Coordinator. Knowledge of hemodialysis process, skills, techniques, lab values for chronic renal failure patients. Phlebotomy skills required for HD access cannulation for pt. treatment. Very physical, fast paced work expectations with RN supervisory oversight of multiple tech staff and patients simultaneously.

Interview Questions

• Chronic renal failure, hemo and peritoneal dialysis experience questions.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Nashville, TN).

Interview

Interview with hiring manager. Interview with ROD. 2nd interview within company for promotion. Interviewing and job hiring processes are lengthy through Davita. Be patient. If already working for the company, accepting a position just means new training and signing a new job description. If an outsider, thorough background check, urine or blood screening drug test, references checks, and LENGTHY training.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions. Tell about a time when... What's your favorite core value? Tell me about a time your manager implemented something you did not agree with and how you handled it. Tell me about a time you worked with a difficult co-worker and how you handled the situation. List 3 words that best describe you. What are your strengths? Your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I thoroughly researched what other Clinical Coordinators were making then took my lack of experience into account and requested a $3/hr raise. No hesitation from management and I was given what I asked for.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Houston, TX) in February 2014.

Interview

First interview is typically with a recruiter. Initially I was supposed to have an interview for this position with the recruiter, but somehow this got bypassed and I was called for a face-to-face interview. From application to first interview was about one week. I was met with the FA and GFA, they were very nice and easy to talk with. I was asked to come back during the first interview for a "meet the staff" interview which took place the following week. That was less formal, but I did end up interviewing with a group of 4 people answering questions about my experience. I was toured around the facility. I left that day without an offer, but was called back with an unofficial offer the next day. A week after that I was called with the official offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite cartoon character? Whats your favorite gum ball? A few behavioral type questions such as "Tell me of a time when you had to work with very mean doctor and how you handled that."   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, but the offer was very competitive.

Clinical Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Basic questions:
    Tell me about yourself.
    How do you perform in stressful situations?

Interview Questions

• Discuss stressful situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Templeton, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Templeton, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Applied for a PD position. Recruiter steered me to Clinical Coordinator. Never given a chance to interview for PD. First interview with Facility Admin on the phone, then she arranged for me to fly out there for interviews with Regional Directors. 1 in person, 2 on the phone. Very disorganized. The schedule for the day was completely thrown out and I spent a lot of time sitting around the center waiting for something to happen. Nearly identical interviews from the three different individuals. apparently reading from the same management school script. One consistent phrase they all used was that this was "a key position", "we are looking for a leader". Once I got home, it was a few days before I heard from the recruiter who balked at what I was asking for in pay, then I didn't hear anything again. Heard back that the Regional Ops director wanted one more interview on the phone. By now, some time had passed, I had time to look closer into the company and I decided I did not want to associate with them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a problem you faced as a leader and how you turned it around   Answer Question

Never got to talk to anyone clinical like the woman who was filling in for the position currently. Never saw a job description. The FA was not from a health care background and didn't really have a grasp of what the job was either. I still don't have a clear picture what this "key position" entailed. If it truly was "the most important position we would hire this year", then it should have paid 6 figures but they were pushing back at me requesting $80K. and this is in California where $80K doesn't go far.
    DaVita is a Wall Street darling and looks great on paper. The prominence of MBA's over health care professionals with actual health care experience is a problem for me. Two of the Directors interviewing me had no previous health care experience. One worked for a technology company and one ran a call center.
    It's my impression that DaVita considers those souls in the recliners as revenue streams and not much more. The kool-aid runs plentiful there too. Employees are "team members" and HR is "people services". I called "people services" to ask about the health plan and was met with a phone tree followed by a lengthy hold but was told my call "was very important". If you are a health care professional, Run away from DaVita. They see you as an expense of business and not an asset.