DaVita Dialysis Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Dialysis Technician Interview Questions

Interviews at DaVita

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at DaVita (Detroit, MI) in August 2013.

Interview

we went over my resume and past experiences, we went through different scenarios and the options I would choose to correct them. The reason why I was interested in the job and what kind of asset I would be to the company itself and toward its patients.

Interview Questions

• How would I diffuse an irate patient?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita (Baltimore, MD) in June 2016.

Interview

I Applied online, got my interview two days later, they asked simple questions and prior work experience questions, the day after I got the call that they was interested in me and wanted to make an offer. I had to take a background check and drug test. I got my offer letter stating my hourly pay and my start date.

Interview Questions

• How do you tolerate stress?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Birmingham, AL).

Interview

After applying for 25 dialysis technician positions, within Davita. I received several e-mails congratulating me on the next step of the interview and hiring process, filled out 3 assessments for 3 separate positions, telling me that I'm a great fit and I would hear from the hiring manager.

There has been one tine that I have actually been interviewed via phone then at the facility. The person who interviewed me said she had one more person which she was interviewing.
    She stated in the interview that she wanted someone exactly like myself; fresh and new into the world of dialysis, someone who had patient care experience however, was open to learning dialysis "The Davita way, without bringing any baggage of previous dialysis experience, as well as being set in their ways and not willing to change."

She stated that she thought I was absolutely hands down the best candidate for the position, because of my lack of dialysis tech baggage, and that I could be trained to be the exact model for how she wanted her dialysis technicians both new and existing, to be.
    After the other interview, and a tough week and half awaiting to hear something from her, I finally received a call from the clinic administrator saying that after careful consideration they have decided to go with the other lady. I asked if I may inquire as to why they chose her, and she replied stating that the other lady had more dialysis technician experience and more dialysis certifications.

I thanked them for their time and the opportunity to interview.

What I do not understand is why?
    If she was looking for a fresh new dialysis technician that could be trained with the "new Davita way" and she stated that she thought I was absolutely the perfect person for the position, why did she lie, why not just tell the truth.. And to top it off, they said they would like to keep my information for the future, because she still wants me to come and train and work in her clinic . She just had to wait for the ok, to hire another technician, and to follow up with her in the next month. I did, and I was treated as though I was bothering her.

Why did I get treated like this.. It was absolutely not necessary to waste either of our time or lives.

Interview Questions

• If I was able to get started immediately.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livermore, CA

Interview

I applied online. Was given a ddi assessment after a week. The process took 3 week. 1st interview- 15 mins then after a few days I received an email for a follow up interview- 20 mins.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you made an error and you where held accountable for it. Tell me a time when you made a mistake and you wish you could have done more. How do you deal with stress?. What made you apply in this position(pct)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Houston, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was long and I forgot that I had even applied for the position. The interview was in June and I received a call back in August. I did not start until September.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Charleston, SC) in May 2015.

Interview

It was a regular interview followed up by a shadowing that took place for about 4 hours the following week. I was asked basic questions like how my typical work day looks at my current job and what types of goals I want to pursue,

Interview Questions

• What does a typical day look like at your current job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I made the mistake of not trying to negotiate.

Dialysis Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DaVita in July 2015.

Interview

Personality survey online first, then group interview in-person, and then a job shadow before getting an offer. The job shadow is extremely important. I was offered a higher hourly wage because of my performance at the job shadow. Take it very seriously! Ask questions, offer to help out after you listen and observe for a few hours, and stay at least 6 hours to watch the shift turnover. And look professional for the job shadow -- wear scrubs, gym shoes, have your hair pulled up, don't wear jewelry or fake nails, etc.

Interview Questions

• It's more about you interviewing them. DaVita has tips online for interviewing with them -- read them!   1 Answer

Dialysis Technician Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in August 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application, then called and asked when I could drop off my resume. When I arrived I had an informal interview with the FA. She was very informative and easy to talk to. The interview process was easy, I came in for a formal interview about 4 days later, then shadowed one morning. I love the work environment and everyone seems pretty positive. I'm excited to start.

Anonymous Employee in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Tallahassee, FL) in July 2012.

Interview

Once you submit an application HR will send you several emails asking that you go take a drug test, submit proof of schooling papers (high school diploma, degree, or certificate). Then you will be scheduled for a interview. If you are hired you will start orientation and if you fail to meet their standards you will be fired.

Dialysis Technician Interview

Interview

Applied in sept. Interviewed mid October. Shadowed a day later and offered the job. Took a week for all the background checks. Start nov 3. Easy interview. Shadowed for two hours and after you're hired they train you for two months then send you to school. I'm super excited!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult work circumstance with another coworker and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. salary was where I expected and a standing amount. Unless you have ccht experience you start where they start you.