DaVita Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.8

685 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed me and set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview she then set me up for a panel interview which consisted of 3 FA's. The whole process went really well.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of behavioral based questions.

Ex: tell me about a time where you were in competition with a co worker.

Tell me about a time where you had to take on more responsibility than what was in your job description   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I had no experience but the starting pay was great for me.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

A smooth process requires a phone screen then a scheduled panel interview then another phone screen. A very nice company so far to be working with they made a quick decision regarding hiring as well

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DaVita (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very efficient. HR screening, 3 rounds of phone interviews, in-person interview with 3 interviewers. Total interview time, from start to finish 2.5 weeks.

Really enjoyed connecting with everyone that I interviewed with. Really made you feel like they were on-top of the process and that it would be a great team to work with.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the most challenging aspect of your new role?   Answer Question
    • What are some of the challenges of healthcare providers?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Applied online and got a call for an day of shadowing and then an interview in the same day after shadowing. They want to know if this job will be right for you and if you're squeamish. Interviewed with the facility administrator and then with three of the front office staff. Got a call back about a week later that I got it, ran through the onboarding, another 2 weeks for the background check and drug test. Total onboarding time was about a month and a half.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with a difficult situation in the past?   Answer Question

RN Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online for their STAR program. Recruiter emailed me for a phone interview. Then she set up an in-person interview with Clinic Manager. It was a group interview with nursing manager and Administration.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

I received an email requesting me to call the Home Program Manager so that we could set up an interview. The interview was set up for two days later. The Home Program Manager gave me a quick tour and then started the interview by asking if I had any questions. After this, we moved into the interview questions, which consisted of several behavioral questions. Once the interview was over, the Home Program Manager took me to meet other members of the team. They asked me a couple questions and I asked them questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening that went smooth. Next step was phone calls with 3 senior people that either I would report to or work close with. The interview itself was a bit disorganized. They had overbooked the conference number so other people were calling in during my interview. They asked typical questions (some behavioral/situational and overall if i would be a good fit). One thing I noticed was that throughout all the interviews there was a common theme...they kept mentioning that there are a lot of ivy league alumns working at the firm.

They said they would let me know in few days if they would fly me out for final round but never got a call or email. Followed up but since then it has been silence...and it's been close to two months. Find it quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone of something   Answer Question

Facility Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

They had me do 4 interviews over a course of 6 weeks. They also let me shadow a facility administrator. It was great all the way up to the VP. Basically I knew from when I stepped in the room and when I met him the first time I probably wasn't going to get the job. I feel like I'm more than educated with a masters and experience. They hire people with no type of background in the field. They had a recruiter to call after all those interviews, she asked how did the process go then stated well we've decided not to move along. Then asked did I want feedback I thought to myself no not really cause this some bs. Then she goes to say I need to work on having difficult conversations with employees basically if I need to fire someone but this question was never asked in the interview so I felt cheated. I mean it's not hard at all for me to tell someone their fired and why. They say they are willing to train people but their really not. They wonder why they have a high turnover rate and clinics revenue and census going down it starts with their top VPs and management. I wouldn't recommend wasting your time with them at least don't put all your eggs in one basket or bank on them cause they'll let you down. I could've been a good fit and helped them to get to the next level but oh well their lost not mines.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Central Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back from a recruiter with a CO area code number. She asked a few questions and informed me about the position. Asking pay?I said $13, that was fair. Recruiter set up a panel interview the next following day. Bring in at least 5 copies of your Resume. Interview consisted of 5 Admins+PCT, all sitted around a big office table with me in the middle. Total of 10 questions, two from each person. After they ask if you have any questions as well. Questions during interview is all situational questions. Everyone was nice and the interview went well. At the end you tour the facility with a small group of 3 people who came in for an interview as well. Refreshments are available while waiting in the lobby. Facility is highly new and clean.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made a mistake. How did you correct it. What is the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself? ( not about your personal self) But about your job and educational experience.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Dialysis field?   1 Answer
    • Why do you enjoy patient care?   1 Answer
    • What's your strength?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when a co worker made a mistake, how did you help correct it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you didn't handle a customer the way you wanted. What was the outcome? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • How to deal with an irate/angry person? What did you do?   1 Answer
    • Why healthcare field? Job experience? They will go down the list of previous jobs and volunteer work. Ask if your ok with the schedule of working 10-12hr shifts. Ask if your schedule is open.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, AR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Newport, AR) in July 2017.

Interview

I haven't been hired but the interview process was fairly simple and easy to follow. I n3ed to follow up with calling the center here in Newport Ar. Not sure if I did well on assessment or not

Facility Administrator Interview

Interview

Initial contact was through email to the an online assessment. A few days later, I was contacted again via email to schedule a phone interview with the recruiter. The phone interview was awkward as there were many moments of silence between me answering questions and the reply to my response or the asking of the next question.

Interview Questions

• What are your responsibilities in your current position?   Answer Question