DaVita Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview Questions

2.7

31 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DaVita in November 2016.

Interview

applied through the company website, received an email after a few days that they wanted to set up a phone interview, was a casual phone interview and recruiter said she would be in touch to set up a chance to meet with charge RN at clinic, have not heard back as yet

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working at this outpatient clinic?   1 Answer
  • What questions do you have for me?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

The interview process was informative. The panel each explained their role in the unit before discussing what my role would be. Then they had me observe on the floor so that I could get a feel for whether the position was a good fit for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DaVita (Corpus Christi, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

I walked in for application, met with the facility administrator and was invited to come back and shadow a few days later. It was a positive experience but I found out later, I was ineligible for hire due to my DDI score, even if the manager wanted to hire me.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about dialysis   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Middletown, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Professional, caring, rapid response of recruiter once application submitted. Appropriate questions asked on phone interview, in reference to past experience and how that relates to DaVita vision, mission and core values. I was kept abreast of next interview and other open positions within the company by phone call and email. Great recruiter. Interview with Clinic Director also a positive experience although the position I desired was later filled by an experienced RN. They did offer another position but the commute was too extensive.

Interview Questions

• How would you relate your past experience and practice to our core values?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Richmond, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

This was my 4th interview with Davita for 4 different positions. Never was real comfortable with the interview questions until I found glass door. I wrote down interview questions from the site and wrote answers to them all as well as answering how their core values applied in my last job. Studied... This time I felt well prepared and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• As a team leader, how would you lead your team   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in April 2016.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me and told me about an open house. I attended the open house and had interview with administrator and another RN. Then had 2nd interview at another location with another facility administrator. About a week after the 2nd interview, got job offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses?   1 Answer

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in April 2016.

Interview

After receiving an automated email from a recruiter, I set up a telephone interview for the following day.
    The telephone interview consisted of general information whereas the panel interview was more behavioral related to conflict resolution.
    During the telephone interview, one facility was discussed, however I interviewed in person at a different facility for the same position. The panel Consisted of 4 staff members including the FA, SW, and 2 RNs.
    I was informed the decision to proceed will be made by early next week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you made an error and held yourself accountable.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Teterboro, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Teterboro, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online after receiving an automatic email from a recruiter to apply. After applying I emailed the recruiter that I had finished the application and the next day she emailed me back to set up a phone interview. About an hour after the pone interview, the recruiter called me back to set up the panel interview. The panel interview was very relaxed, there were 3 FA's and they all were very nice. The phone interview was more HR related questions while the panel was more nursing related and my experience.

Interview Questions

• How have you change your communication style to accommodate a patient's need? Asked both in panel and phone interview   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little about your self? Why do you want to become a dialysis nurse? Why did you chose Davita? phone interview   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? Asked both in panel and phone interview   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time you worked in a team for a common goal and how you achieved that goal? Have you ever call out from work or been on call? what makes you feel a sense of fulfillment? only in panel interview   Answer Question
    • How have you dealt with a difficult patient? Asked both in panel and phone interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Jacksonville, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted regarding phone interview. Required several emails to actually schedule the interview. Recruiter was late for phone interview. Applied for a job in one facility; was then informed a job opening was at a different facility farther away. Was told that the manager would contact me the next day. It has been a week and I have not heard back from anyone.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in other locations question   1 Answer

Staff Nurse (RN), Renal Dialysis Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DaVita in January 2016.

Interview

Submitted an online application and was contacted by a recruiter two days later. The original job that I applied for was filled very shortly after my phone interview but the recruiter matched me to another position. It took about 3 weeks before I had a formal interview. The interview itself consisted of several managers from different facilities in the area. The questions were your standard tell us a time when or how did handle a situation types. Be very very familiar with the core values and mission statement and be prepared to ask several thoughtful questions. I left the interview feeling positive but I was given absolutely no indication as to whether or not I would be offered the position.

Three days later I received a call asking if I would like to shadow at a Davita clinic for several hours. I was contacted directly by the FA at that facility to set it up which was nice. I was formally offered a position several days after shadowing.

The interview process was much more formal than it was with the major hospital system that I worked for previously. Overall it was a very positive experience.