DaVita Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Compliance Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with VP and business teams. I was first reached out to by the recruiter. We had a few emails back and forth. Then I had a phone interview with the recruiter. They were helpful in providing a lot of information about what the position was and what skills and type of person the team was looking to hire for the position.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging issue I ever had in a job.   Answer Question

Director Talent Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO).

Interview

Initial 1 hour phone screen with an internal recruiter. OK interview but the recruiter wasn't able to answer questions about the role/department; only company level questions. Second phone interview with hiring manager - asked background and "tell me about a time you...". Answered all my detailed questions. Next step was about 3 hours of online assessments (cognitive/analytic skills and leadership/personality) followed by an hour debrief with a third-party about my assessment results. Process took several months and then they engaged a third-party recruiter who was starting the search over and I was advised it would likely take several more months. Eventually (6 months after my initial phone screen) I emailed the recruiter asking for an update and she advised that they were continuing the process with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Many questions about my background and several, "tell me about a time you...". One specific question was "Tell me about a time you implemented an innovative solution."   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

The hiring and interviewing process is painfully slow. It will take many weeks/months to get you through the process. There will be 10+ individuals you will interview with and most will ask you the same questions. Hard to find the value in that. When you are in the interviews the questions are typically the standard behavioral questions you hear. "Tell me about a time when you did this, failed at that, or had your biggest challenge".

Interview Questions

• How many of our Core Values can you name? What about our mission?   1 Answer

Director Wisdom Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter by phone, screened for interest and skills
    Phone interview with hiring manager, mostly a dialogue checking for connection and philosophy
    Office visit interview with manager, to show me the location and ask traditional interview questions about my background and experience. I didn't make it to the next round where I would have been interviewed by other people on the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an executive that is reticent to engage in self development   Answer Question

Director Interview

Interview

Started with phone interview with recruiter, in-person interview with department leader, several more interviews (phone and in-person) with various leaders of areas I would work with and for. Focus was on business acumen, what-if scenarios to compete a business/finance problem, ability to deal with ambiguity, and prior business accomplishments.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you supported a business implementation.   1 Answer

Regional Operations Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at DaVita in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiting process was long and unprofessional. Recruiters try and size you up in 30 minutes to make a determination on a position. Impossible. Some of the questions were insulting and not in line of what the job needed. DaVita needs a better screening process. The recruiting process is awful! I considered this to be a red sign. Therefore, I moved on.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO) in October 2015.

Interview

This was by far the worst interview I've ever had. Let me qualify that statement by supplying the fact that I went to business school, and interviewed for many, many, many jobs, most of them which I didn't get.

Initial phone screens were all good. They tell you that they're interested in you as an "overall athlete," so you might get passed around between a few managers before something sticks. Sounds good - thoughtful, even.

So one stuck, and I was invited out to Denver. That's where things went off the rails. You're supposed to get a tour of HQ, which they're very proud of. No one showed up. First interview arrived: not the person on my itinerary. A Senior Manager, in fact (I was interviewing for a Director position). I won't go into the gory details, but there were MULTIPLE missed or switched interviews that day. Reminder: they had flown me out for this.

Then came the case presentation. Or, rather, it didn't come. I understood this to be the most important part of the interview. I prepped for it nights and weekends, made my wife sit through numerous rehearsals, agonized over every detail. Halfway through the day, the hiring manager decided to "bag it" since he would be the only one in the room anyway.

I walked out of there knowing I wouldn't get the offer. I can truly say that I would not have accepted it if offered (although how would they have even made the decision based on that interview process?). This company is ALL about their culture, but you have to wonder what's behind the curtain when they don't even show prospective employees basic courtesies like showing up for interviews.

I really hope they treat their dialysis patients better that their job applicants. At the very least, I have to imagine that the process is less painful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in September 2015.

Interview

So far a very good and enlightening process have had two interviews , one with a recruiter, the second with a VP of HR , and now meeting with the Divisional VP

Interview Questions

• Many centered around leadership style, ability to control a P&L, and ability to relate to physicians and to find new potential aquisitions   Answer Question

Director of Strategy Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DaVita in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter explained interview process:
    1) Recruiter screens qualifications, experience, salary requirements.
    2) Pass on application to current director.
    3) If interest, then phone interview with current director to assess mission, vision, values and qualifications fit.
    4) If continued interest, next stage is phone interview with hiring manager.
    5) Possible panel interview and other possible one on ones.

Interview Questions

• What strikes you about this position?
      Tell me about your experience that relates to this job.   Answer Question

Regional Operations Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita in July 2015.

Interview

Applied, contacted by recruiter, screened by recruiter, contacted by HR, interviewed by HR...and it stopped. Recruiter was impressed, but I don't think the HR person took my experiences and qualifications as seriously as they should have. I was surprised...I am confident I would have done well interviewing with others if this HR person would have allowed.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral Questions, mostly on leadership and management (seems these are areas of high focus...and now a red flag to me about DaVita). Questions about how to work/deal with doctors and staff when clinical outcomes and results were not being attained (again, the underlying theme served as a red flag of what to expect if successfully employed). Makes me wonder if there are underlying problems with dynamic leadership and relationships within the clinics and regions too.   1 Answer