DaVita Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

34 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Had a phone screening that went smooth. Next step was phone calls with 3 senior people that either I would report to or work close with. The interview itself was a bit disorganized. They had overbooked the conference number so other people were calling in during my interview. They asked typical questions (some behavioral/situational and overall if i would be a good fit). One thing I noticed was that throughout all the interviews there was a common theme...they kept mentioning that there are a lot of ivy league alumns working at the firm.

They said they would let me know in few days if they would fly me out for final round but never got a call or email. Followed up but since then it has been silence...and it's been close to two months. Find it quite unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince someone of something   Answer Question

Facility Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palmdale, CA

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then in person interview with a panel of three internal employees. RN clinical coordianator, two clinic managers. Each Internal employee ask a number of questions. At the end they asked if you have any questions. Always be prepared with at least 3 to 4 questions of your own.

Interview Questions

• After your management training, and your ready to start at your clinic, what is the first set of business.   Answer Question

Dialysis Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

If you're looking for a job it's always exciting to be called in for an interview. I interview well and had previous medical experience but not in direct dialysis care. When I went in for the interview I had to wait for almost an hour to be interviewed. Apparently they scheduled me to interview just after lunch had arrived (I guess they order in everyday). So I had to wait while they finished their lunch. It's not like you have any choice when you want to put your best foot forward and make a good impression.

When I was finally brought in, I was sitting across from a table of not 2 or 3 people, but 6 people. It's nerve racking enough to interview, but with 6 people you think I would of been interviewing for a position as a doctor or director with the company. That many people was definitely overkill and it made it hard to focus, connect, and give answers to everyone.

Overall the question were pretty standard. I could tell that one of the regional managers that was there didn't like me very much. It seemed I wasn't giving him the exact answers he wanted to hear. But overall I thought the interview went well and I know that I am a great employee. i believed I had expressed that through most of my answers.

Of course I was disappointed when I found out the week after that I was not selected for the position. Which is ok. I kept telling myself that there was something better out there for me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in and with Dialysis?   1 Answer

Senior Claims Counsel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (El Segundo, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were several steps but the process itself was very quick. You first fill out an application with your resume and CV. If they're interested, they set up a phone interview with the recruiter. If you pass that part, then you have a phone interview with the managing attorney. Then you have an in-person interview with the same managing attorney. I got the impression that the last interview was almost like a personality fit test.

Interview Questions

• The recruiter asked typical questions like about your strengths and weakness. However, the actual prospective employer just wanted to know me as a person.   Answer Question

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

All hiring staff where kind. Questions are vague. If you're someone with a lot of experience, it's difficult to answer all questions on the spot and filter your memories/experiences. No assessment of situational questions.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (El Segundo, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter in Colorado a two months later. The phone interview lasted about 15 minutes. A week later I received another call from a supervisor in Tennessee for a phone interview that lasted about 15 minutes. Four days later I received a call from an executive assistant in Colorado for another 15 minute phone interview. A couple hours later, the hiring manager emailed me to schedule an interview for Monday. I went to the interview and met with 3 people individually for an interview that lasted about 1-1/2 hours. The next day, I received a job offer. The background was simple and I received the official okay clearing the background in 48 hours.

Interview Questions

• What interests you in working for Davita?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary offered was very generous so there was no need to negotiate.

Pct Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Orange, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

HORRIBLE!
    This company doesnt really hire you base on your qualifications. I applied online, then I received an email that they will review my application. Few days later, I received an email that I've been presented. After a couple of weeks I received an email that they want a phone interview. I reply with my number and availability. They call me and ask a lot of questions, I know I did a good job because I did my research. Then I was scheduled on face-to-face interview. I arrived 10 mins early and then started my interview. I had more than 10 questions. Based on my interviewer she was impressed. I was applying for PCT but I'm actually an Dialysis RN in my country and Nclex passer in other state. The following day, I had a call that the position was cancelled.
    After this I still don't give up and try applying again because that's what the recruiter told me. I repeat the whole process with different recruiter, different place for the face to face interview and there are 2 interviewer. Again I answer all of their questions. They tild me that I need to wait for 2 weeks because there are a lot of applicants. Then I waited for them to atleast call but I never received an email or call.
    I know someone who is working from DaVita. I met her with common friend, she told me that they hire anyone. One of their PCT is a baker because that one knows someone from Davita. And the other one is a Unit secretary. So now, I know that they will base you on "whom you know" and not on what you know.

Interview Questions

• They give scenarios on how you deal with certain situations. About 10 questions.   1 Answer

Patient Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Irvine, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

First there was a phone interview and a few days later, there were two in-person interviews. All of it was based on behaviorial type questions and asked to tell them about a past event where you showed x trait.

Dialysis Nurse RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Orange, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

Panel of staff at clinic. It was later than was scheduled. It was unorganized. Panelist started but others who came late arrived eventually to partake in interview. It was very awkward!

Interview Questions

• Scripted and very unorganized.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Typical back and forth.

Facility Administrator RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

2 phone screenings, one with recruiter, then an HR person. Had to take an online and timed assessment (both math and personality) before the phone screenings. I've got an MBA but the math was challenging. Then, after that I had one single interview with a director, then one panel interview. I was hired.