DaVita Patient Care Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 17, 2017

2.8

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at DaVita (Atlanta, GA) in November 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then got a call back the same day to come in for a face to face. Interview with 3 people and after I did a job shadowing for a minimum of 1 hr. We discussed pay and I was offered the job a few days later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

I applied and got called the next day for an interview. The actual interview was awful, they would ask me questions and then look at me all dumb like if I did not know anything.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2017.

Interview

I spoke to a great recruiter who asked me phone interview questions, selected me for a inperson interview. I then went to corporate location to interview, interviewed with 3 ladies who all took turns on asking interview realated questions, including why I was interested. 20 mins after my interview I recieved a email from my recruiter asking how I thought it went I said great 5 mins later I was called to do a 2 hour job shadow. Then from there the manager of where I shadowed had to give feedback on me to the hiring manager. I got the job and very excited to start

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, NE

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Lincoln, NE) in September 2017.

Interview

I filled an online application. About two days later I got an email for an online assessment. It took another two weeks for them to call for a phone interview and then another two weeks for a face to face interview. After then, they invited me to shadow the job and I heard their decision a week later. So totally about a month and a half for the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What did you do when you and another coworker didn't get along? Give me an example.   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where your work exceeded the expectations of you?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in dialysis?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Central Valley, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Central Valley, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call back from a recruiter with a CO area code number. She asked a few questions and informed me about the position. Asking pay?I said $13, that was fair. Recruiter set up a panel interview the next following day. Bring in at least 5 copies of your Resume. Interview consisted of 5 Admins+PCT, all sitted around a big office table with me in the middle. Total of 10 questions, two from each person. After they ask if you have any questions as well. Questions during interview is all situational questions. Everyone was nice and the interview went well. At the end you tour the facility with a small group of 3 people who came in for an interview as well. Refreshments are available while waiting in the lobby. Facility is highly new and clean.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made a mistake. How did you correct it. What is the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself? ( not about your personal self) But about your job and educational experience.   Answer Question
    • Why are you interested in Dialysis field?   1 Answer
    • Why do you enjoy patient care?   1 Answer
    • What's your strength?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when a co worker made a mistake, how did you help correct it. What was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time you didn't handle a customer the way you wanted. What was the outcome? How did you fix it?   Answer Question
    • How to deal with an irate/angry person? What did you do?   2 Answers
    • Why healthcare field? Job experience? They will go down the list of previous jobs and volunteer work. Ask if your ok with the schedule of working 10-12hr shifts. Ask if your schedule is open.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed me and set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview she then set me up for a panel interview which consisted of 3 FA's. The whole process went really well.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of behavioral based questions.

Ex: tell me about a time where you were in competition with a co worker.

Tell me about a time where you had to take on more responsibility than what was in your job description   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I had no experience but the starting pay was great for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was asked to do an on-line assessment for this position and then moved on to a telephone interview with the recruiter. At the end of the phone interview with the recruiter, I was then set up for a 4 panel interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a conflict with a co-worker   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Royal Oak, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with online evaluation you take, after that I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. Followed by a panel interview with administration, and lastly a one on one interview with the facility administrator and shadowed a current tech for about an hour. I'm glad a got to shadow a tech because the video they show you on the application site is no where near how it really is. Its very fast paced and slightly overwhelming. I am still waiting to hear back if I got the job or not, but at this point it's been several days and I have not heard anything. Overall the company seems like a great company to work for and there's potential to move up. But if you struggle with multitasking, learning quickly and working 12-15 hour days starting at 3am; then this job won't be for you. I wasn't impressed with the pay offered, but I couldn't negotiate because I was inexperienced.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita in January 2017.

Interview

4 days after I submitted my application, got an email to schedule a phone interview. Asked for my number, day and time they could call. Got a phone call and asked me basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • How did you know about DaVita?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you really went out of your way to help someone (colleagues etc)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was sent an online survey that day. Completed the survey and was told to schedule a phone interview. Had my phone interview with corporate, and it was with a lady named Ashley. She asked basic interview questions, and asked if I had any. I was then scheduled an in person interview for a week later. A very nice interview. Everyone was super nice and basically just explained the position. I had to wait almost a week to hear back after which was pretty stressful. They called and told me I got it!