DaVita Patient Care Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Applied online, recruiter emailed me and set up a phone interview with me. After the phone interview she then set me up for a panel interview which consisted of 3 FA's. The whole process went really well.

Interview Questions

• It was a lot of behavioral based questions.

Ex: tell me about a time where you were in competition with a co worker.

Tell me about a time where you had to take on more responsibility than what was in your job description   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because I had no experience but the starting pay was great for me.

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Denver, CO).

Interview

I was asked to do an on-line assessment for this position and then moved on to a telephone interview with the recruiter. At the end of the phone interview with the recruiter, I was then set up for a 4 panel interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Royal Oak, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Royal Oak, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

Started with online evaluation you take, after that I was contacted by a recruiter and had a phone interview. Followed by a panel interview with administration, and lastly a one on one interview with the facility administrator and shadowed a current tech for about an hour. I'm glad a got to shadow a tech because the video they show you on the application site is no where near how it really is. Its very fast paced and slightly overwhelming. I am still waiting to hear back if I got the job or not, but at this point it's been several days and I have not heard anything. Overall the company seems like a great company to work for and there's potential to move up. But if you struggle with multitasking, learning quickly and working 12-15 hour days starting at 3am; then this job won't be for you. I wasn't impressed with the pay offered, but I couldn't negotiate because I was inexperienced.

Anonymous Employee in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Silver Spring, MD).

Interview

It was easy, answered basic questions. I felt comfortable during the interview process. I was told they had some other people to interview but to keep an eye on my email. I received an offer letter weeks after.

Interview Questions

• The interview wasn't difficult at all. It was an average interview. I interviewed with two women and I enjoyed it.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita in January 2017.

Interview

4 days after I submitted my application, got an email to schedule a phone interview. Asked for my number, day and time they could call. Got a phone call and asked me basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What do you do?   1 Answer
    • How did you know about DaVita?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you really went out of your way to help someone (colleagues etc)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online and was sent an online survey that day. Completed the survey and was told to schedule a phone interview. Had my phone interview with corporate, and it was with a lady named Ashley. She asked basic interview questions, and asked if I had any. I was then scheduled an in person interview for a week later. A very nice interview. Everyone was super nice and basically just explained the position. I had to wait almost a week to hear back after which was pretty stressful. They called and told me I got it!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview was not bad. It felt like more of an interrogation than anything else. Emphasis was placed more on my desire to leave my current employer, than my ability to perform the functions of the job.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to leave my current employer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online. Receive an email. I've been presented. Received another email for phone interview. I got phone Interview the next day. Less than a week I got a phone call by FA and set an in person interview on the 30th at 2pm. I came in at 1:50pm. Wait for couple minutes. I was interviewed by 4 people the FA, RN, social worker and dietician. The interview last for more than 30mins. They interview but in the end they said that the hiring process is freeze they won't accept until next year. It's just weird for me. No offer. They said they gonna call me at the end of December or 1st week of January. And that I'm the 1st person they interview and they wanna give a fair shot to others.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munroe Falls, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at DaVita (Munroe Falls, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

I completed the resume/app. online, completed the personality questionnaire and recieved a call from recruiter 2 days later. He asked me a few questions about myself and informed me I should recieve a call within the week for an interview. I called him back on the 8th day to let him know I hadn't recieved a call, a few hours later I recieved a call from the local DaVita, very short call with no type of kindness added; an interview was scheduled for the following week. That interview, which took place today was absolutely TERRIBLE! The interviewer asked only negative questions, made rude remarks about why I didn't keep my STNA certification updated... I thanked her enthusiastically for allowing me to watch a PCT on floor for 30 minutes; she looked me up and down as if I wore ALL the wrong clothing, (I wore a black and white striped sweater, black slacks, and high heels) and said "well I usually let people stay out there for 2 hrs. but I forgot to mention that when I set up the interview.. very snarky!! Yuck!! This entire face to face interview was a horrible experience, I doubt she calls to offer me a job since she had such a negative outlook on everything, and I know I WILL NOT accept an offer from her anyway!! No thanks! Good day!!!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with someone yelling at you, what was the situation, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome.   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you did something wrong and admitted to it.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were a teamplayer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had an interaction with an coworker or patient and you wished it had gone differently.Wgat did you do and how did you attempt to fix it, what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Bronx, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Took about two weeks in total ... i apply online about a week later I received a phone interview and was then invited for a in person interview the following week . I was interviewed by six interviewers which was intimating in the beginning which end up being cool and full of laughs. I Was called the next day after the interview and offered a position .