DaVita Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.6

25 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

A smooth process requires a phone screen then a scheduled panel interview then another phone screen. A very nice company so far to be working with they made a quick decision regarding hiring as well

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Sacramento, CA).

Interview

Personal interview by Facility Administrator after the online application. Was also interviewed by the Charge Nurse in the facility for clinical experience. Was allowed to observe the floor for a few hours and was allowed to ask questions regarding the unit.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

On board process takes about 2 or 3 weeks, lots and lots of paperwork, all on line, then you have a drug screen. Then you are thrown to the wolves

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

I applied online took about a week before I got a phone call set up. The caller was very quick and brief and could not understand what she was asking. Not what I had anticipated...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Fairfield, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Disorganized but easy. They weren't able to answer some of my questions about the training program and I was getting the run around. The recruiter misinformed me on quite a few things. I did not feel like it was a very good first impression.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in Dialysis?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. Very friendly and asked the basic questions regarding why do you want to work in the field and company, strengths and weaknesses, etc. It seemed to go well, but never received a follow-up interview even though they said I will hear back from them soon...

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure patients are being properly educated when it comes to their disease?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a panel interview. Lastly, shadowing at the dialysis center and a follow up interview with the Clinical coordinator and Facility admin. The recruiter did an excellent job every step of the way, explaining what to expect, what the next steps were, and how to prepare for the interview and shadowing experience.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview was based solely on behavioral / situational type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the facility administrator. Got a call after a few hours and got asked to come for a 2nd interview in person for the following week. I interviewed for this with the facility administrator, social worker, and regional coordinator in a conference room all together. It was very comfortable with a great positive vibe.

Interview Questions

• What was your first exposure to dialysis?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita in April 2016.

Interview

I attended a hiring event, which went very well, and I was invited back for a 2nd interview a few days later. This one was with two people, one of whom was cheerful and communicated well. The other was not at all cheerful, and spent the entire time she was speaking on how boring it is to be an RN there, and basically try to convince me I didn't want this job. She based this on the fact that I am a newly licensed RN, and thought I should be working in a hospital. Well as much as I agree, I of course kept positive that this would be a great fit for me, I find it interesting, I'd get to know patients, etc. She made rude faces and tsked a few times, like I was wasting her time and lying. The truth is it would have been a job to me, one I would have been grateful for and loyal to DaVita for some time. But she made it clear she didn't think I should be there as a new RN because I would be bored and I wouldn't gain any skill. These are things that were I her, I would have just called the interview off before having me brave mass transit in a strange city (I'm new in town) and waste a whole day on. She knew before she sat down that she didn't want to hire me, and it showed.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question
    • where do you see yourself in the long term   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for davita   Answer Question
    • how would you handle it if you had a PCT who has been working at DaVita a long time, and you needed to correct their technique or behavior. would this be a problem for you as a newcomer and new RN?   Answer Question
    • you have to find another reason to come to work every day besides building patient relationships. people on dialysis are not typically in the mood for making friends with staff here. (something to that effect)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DaVita (Augusta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very informative, on the job training, paid training and small work group. The company is small with unlimited growth potential. I would recommend all nurse to seek and opportunity to broaden there skill set in other areas of nursing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem working early hours?   1 Answer