DaVita Registered Nurse Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Registered Nurse Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.6

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

On board process takes about 2 or 3 weeks, lots and lots of paperwork, all on line, then you have a drug screen. Then you are thrown to the wolves

Interview Questions

• All questions were standard   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

I applied online took about a week before I got a phone call set up. The caller was very quick and brief and could not understand what she was asking. Not what I had anticipated...

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was a phone interview with a recruiter. Very friendly and asked the basic questions regarding why do you want to work in the field and company, strengths and weaknesses, etc. It seemed to go well, but never received a follow-up interview even though they said I will hear back from them soon...

Interview Questions

• How would you ensure patients are being properly educated when it comes to their disease?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Initial phone interview, followed by a panel interview. Lastly, shadowing at the dialysis center and a follow up interview with the Clinical coordinator and Facility admin. The recruiter did an excellent job every step of the way, explaining what to expect, what the next steps were, and how to prepare for the interview and shadowing experience.

Interview Questions

• The panel interview was based solely on behavioral / situational type questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Boston, MA) in September 2016.

Interview

Started with a phone interview with the facility administrator. Got a call after a few hours and got asked to come for a 2nd interview in person for the following week. I interviewed for this with the facility administrator, social worker, and regional coordinator in a conference room all together. It was very comfortable with a great positive vibe.

Interview Questions

• What was your first exposure to dialysis?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Augusta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DaVita (Augusta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

Very informative, on the job training, paid training and small work group. The company is small with unlimited growth potential. I would recommend all nurse to seek and opportunity to broaden there skill set in other areas of nursing with this company.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a problem working early hours?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at DaVita in April 2016.

Interview

I attended a hiring event, which went very well, and I was invited back for a 2nd interview a few days later. This one was with two people, one of whom was cheerful and communicated well. The other was not at all cheerful, and spent the entire time she was speaking on how boring it is to be an RN there, and basically try to convince me I didn't want this job. She based this on the fact that I am a newly licensed RN, and thought I should be working in a hospital. Well as much as I agree, I of course kept positive that this would be a great fit for me, I find it interesting, I'd get to know patients, etc. She made rude faces and tsked a few times, like I was wasting her time and lying. The truth is it would have been a job to me, one I would have been grateful for and loyal to DaVita for some time. But she made it clear she didn't think I should be there as a new RN because I would be bored and I wouldn't gain any skill. These are things that were I her, I would have just called the interview off before having me brave mass transit in a strange city (I'm new in town) and waste a whole day on. She knew before she sat down that she didn't want to hire me, and it showed.

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had a conflict with a coworker   Answer Question
    • where do you see yourself in the long term   Answer Question
    • why do you want to work for davita   Answer Question
    • how would you handle it if you had a PCT who has been working at DaVita a long time, and you needed to correct their technique or behavior. would this be a problem for you as a newcomer and new RN?   Answer Question
    • you have to find another reason to come to work every day besides building patient relationships. people on dialysis are not typically in the mood for making friends with staff here. (something to that effect)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hughestown, PA

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Hughestown, PA).

Interview

After applying on the internet I received an email from a recruiter a week later to set up an interview at a nearby clinic. I arrived to the clinic and sat with two administrators and was told my experience was not enough but they would be an exception. The one administrator set me up with another location closer to my house for the following week. I arrived there and was told the administrator had stepped out for an appointment but I would be following a tech around. I followed a tech around at which time she stated I could stay and wait or go home. I asked how long the adminstrator would be and she told me another thirty minutes. I left and she assured me she would call me. Two weeks later I have yet to hear from her but last week I reviewed a letter denying me the position. The recruiter sent me another email saying that was an accident and to reapply for another position. I did and hear we are a week later again haven't heard from the adminstrator and another letter saying I didn't get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Frederick, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at DaVita (Frederick, MD) in December 2015.

Interview

There first was the online application, I filled it out and received an email from a recruiter the same day. I scheduled a phone interview with her the next day. It was a typical phone interview with questions like, "Tell me about your nursing background.", and, "Why Davita?".
       From there I scheduled a face to face interview with the actual facility the following week. i was interviewed by five people (fa/mgr, nutritionist, RN, social worker, administrative employee) who all asked me three or four questions a piece. It sounds scary but it wasn't. They were kind and we had a lot of laughs during the interview. I could tell it went great.
        Before leaving I was asked to come shadow two or three days latter. I shadowed a nurse and got along with all staff members and patients. After one shift of patients I was taken into the DA's office where I was offered the job on the spot, told my starting hourly pay date, and even given a start date.
        After that I got a barrage of emails, including offer letter, instructions to complete background check, drug test, lots of online info to compete. I competed that stuff and Am ready to begin on my intends start date!

Interview Questions

• Tel us about a time you were chosen to perform a task or administer training based on your technological abilities?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online, submitted CV and resume, and answered a subset of questions based on personality. The phone interview is with a recruiter and asked standard questions. It was an easy going, conversation-like interview. After that, if your considered a match for the company, they will arrange an onsite interview with 5 people (facility admins, a nurse, etc.) and proceed to interview you. I was still a student (had my RN but was getting another degree) and couldn't put in the hours, so they suggested case management in the future due to my different background next time I apply.