DaVita Social Worker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

DaVita Social Worker Interview Questions

Updated May 10, 2017

2.6

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Applied online through the website and they contacted me the same day to set up an interview that week. A week had passed and I did not hear back from them so I sent a follow up email. Phone interview was then scheduled for the next day. The phone interview was about 20 minutes and the recruiter mostly talked about the position. Did not ask me much.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in the position?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for DaVita

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

After being referred for the position I received a call from HR and applied for the position. I was contacted to set up an in-person interview and also contacted by phone for the phone screening/interview (Describe a time when you... How do you handle conflict or resistance...). The in-person interview was with the FA and social worker. Was expecting the company values to be focus, but questions were more standard interview questions and THEN discussion of the core values. Initially the position was offered to someone with far more medical experience but they were very professional and called to notify me a day earlier than they'd estimated. Ultimately, the first candidate did not work out and I was contacted a short time later with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No need to negotiate. Offer was above requested salary.

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Cedar Rapids, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

Found the job online, applied and got a call for an interview within about a week. Had an in-person interview with 3 social workers and two FAs. They wanted to know about my experience with this population and what knowledge i had about the position. Had a follow up phone interview with a higher-up specific to social work and my social work values and practices. I received an offer about 1-2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Dialysis?   1 Answer

Social Worker Interview

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter for a phone interview and completed it. The recruiter advised that I would receive a call from the Facility Administrator and did not receive a call.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have working with renal patients?   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at DaVita.

Interview

Appointment was set as any routine interview. I was interviewed by the Inter Disciplinary Team (IDT) I thought it was nice that team members were allowed to have some input into the decision. Interview was like a conversation. I was asked about specific instances where I had to address a particular situation. Interview was about 45 minutes. Interview was designed to be relaxed, but I had the usual butterflies when interviewing in front of a group of people.

Interview Questions

• Given your depth of experience and positions, how will you work in this position that has less leadership responsibility?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Know what you want before the offer comes. Decide what your needs and desires are. .

Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at DaVita (Rockford, IL) in September 2012.

Interview

I had an interview with the facility administrator and a social worker that had been filling in at that facility during the hiring process. They asked me about the company's core values and which one had the most significance in my life. They were also very focused on how I would be able to keep a positive attitude during adversity and stressful events. The interview was more casual than expected. It is important to relax and show your real personality.

Interview Questions

• What Davita Core team value has the most personal significance to you and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay and hours were already set.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at DaVita (Phoenix, AZ) in June 2012.

Interview

A friend recommended the company as they were in need of a SW immediately. One Phone interview.

Negotiation

I was offered two hourly wages, one that paid for travel expenses, and one higher if I paid my own travel expenses.

Anonymous Employee in Rocky Hill, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at DaVita (Rocky Hill, CT) in March 2011.

Interview

I heard about the job through a colleague which helped me drop a name when I called and I got a return call in only a few days. Had initial interview with a social worker/FA and then final interview with FA at my future clinic who made me an offer

Negotiation

I aimed high when offered the position and the return offer was only about a dollar under what I was going for (per hour)

Social Worker Interview

Interview

Interviewed with the FA, the RN, and the area head social worker. They go through list of standard questions. Each team gets to pick who they believe is the best fit.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Little room for negotiation