Daimler Mechatronics Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Daimler

2.5

Mechatronics Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

In-person interview with two managers and then final interview with the head of engineering. It was a very official setting with the two managers but the head of the engineering department (their boss) was very relaxed and made it seem very personable and comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were put in a difficult group situation and how you overcame the difficulties.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Daimler

Mechatronics Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Daimler in October 2017.

Interview

Was sourced via SWE database before the conference. Had an interview with two managers from Daimler in Portland. It was all behavioral, lots of questions on past projects and work experiences, how I approach problems. It was over all a great interview.
    After the interview I was given an offer within an hour. The salary was non negotiable. There was a sign on bonus but no relocation expenses given. When I asked the recruiter further she said that the sign on bonus was to be used for relocation. I was actually shocked because those two things are very separate from each other. Daimler firmly wouldn't raise my salary or give me a relocation lump sum. I offered to show them competing offer letters with higher salaries but they didn't care. I really enjoyed speaking with the hiring managers and I really wanted to join the company but the way they were refusing to make any adjustments to my compensation package was really disturbing. After speaking to other people who received offers from Daimler at SWE I learned that they all had the same problem and they all rejected the offers due to it. I hate to be a pessimist but I feel that Daimler came to SWE as a PR stunt or as a way to try and get cheap engineers.
    Sad and unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time a group member wasn't doing their work how did you approach that?   Answer Question