Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions

Updated Dec 6, 2017

2.7

Mechatronics Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in October 2017.

Interview

Was sourced via SWE database before the conference. Had an interview with two managers from Daimler in Portland. It was all behavioral, lots of questions on past projects and work experiences, how I approach problems. It was over all a great interview.

After the interview I was given an offer within an hour. The salary was non negotiable. There was a sign on bonus but no relocation expenses given. When I asked the recruiter further she said that the sign on bonus was to be used for relocation. I was actually shocked because those two things are very separate from each other. Daimler firmly wouldn't raise my salary or give me a relocation lump sum. I offered to show them competing offer letters with higher salaries but they didn't care. I really enjoyed speaking with the hiring managers and I really wanted to join the company but the way they were refusing to make any adjustments to my compensation package was really disturbing. After speaking to other people who received offers from Daimler at SWE I learned that they all had the same problem and they all rejected the offers due to it. I hate to be a pessimist but I feel that Daimler came to SWE as a PR stunt or as a way to try and get cheap engineers.

Sad and unfortunate.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a problem you had in project work where you had to put your work on the back burner in order to help someone else.   Answer Question

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position, applied online. I was contacted later by the hiring manager to come in for an interview. I had 4 in person interviews offer a 3 week span.

Nothing unusual as far as questions go. Some technical, some pretty generic. There was a panel interview with some members of the team the position was one.

Aftersales Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two part interview, first 1/2 hour with hiring manager and second 1/2 hour with available team members. Questions and information throughout with an opportunity to ask questions after each part.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high pressure situation from past work or school experience and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • In buying and selling, there are many moving parts meaning you have to juggle many tasks with different priorities and deadlines at one time. Describe a situation where you had an experience like this and how do you stay organized/prioritize?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2017.

Interview

Took approximately 2 months, applied online.
    1 Phone Call - I spoke directly to the hiring manager and he had HR send me the offer letter. The interview is extremely casual and I guess I might have been an anomaly due to the dire need for the project.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me about what you are expecting to get out of this internship and what is the value you can add to a project like "XYZ"?   Answer Question

Advanced Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in June 2017.

Interview

The manager initiated the process by emailing me, asking for more details about my projects
    The next step was the phone interview
    The manager asked about my coursework and my relevant project experience.

Interview Questions

• Whether I had good experience with MATLAB/Simulink?   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

I am writing this review to warn future candidates from arranged interviews for positions that have been already filled internally. Unfortunately some companies have internal policies in place that require interviewing external candidates before an internal candidate can be considered. With that being said, the company conducts a pro forma interview with you for an opening that is already filled. This is exactly what has happened to me. I was invited for an interview, which turned out to be the oddest one I ever experienced. During the whole interview I was heavily and aggressively discouraged from this position. The interviewer was describing the opening as an extremely difficult and stressful place that only an exceptional and stress-resistant person could handle. While I am not afraid of difficult tasks and consider myself having a tough skin, I was not even given a realistic chance. Please note that I am aware of various recruiting methods, including putting the candidate in a stressful situation. But this was significantly different. Every answer or idea I provided was ridiculed. Even though my answers were compliant with governmental regulations. On top of that, during the complete interview not only one positive aspect about this job was mentioned. Not even after I asked for some positives. The position sounded like hell and mobbing paradise. I was very confused. Usually, there comes a moment where the interviewer mentions the good aspects. Not here. Finally, towards the end of the interview the interviewer has admit herself they already are bringing someone from Germany for this position. Sorry what? What was I doing there then? This was very frustrating and a big waste of my time. I later discovered an article about these type of interviews and the internal policies requirements. Some companies do it also to pass other federal regulations related to intra-company transfers and work visas. Please be aware that DTNA unfortunately does the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and case scenarios. Picking up something from your resume and passing a negative comment to see how you react.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

very short interview .Only with Hiring manager and HR. No phone interview directly onsite. Asked most of the behavior questions. conflict with coworker and Ho did you do in particular situation.Team work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. I was asked 4 questions and then he opened up for any questions I may have had. I was expecting another face to face interview but instead got a job offer and had to pass a drug test and background screening.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email from the manager who opened this intern opportunity to schedule the interview after my application online probably a month ago. The manager interviewed me and told me that there is only one round of interview and he will make his decision next week. I was asked to walk-through my resume and several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story when you identified an opportunity to improve.
      Tell me a story about how you cope with problems   Answer Question

Engineering I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process was almost exclusive a test of emotional intelligence and to gauge my personality type. The interviewers were quite casual in dress and in speech. The process was brief (10 minute phone + 1 hour office interview) and they seemed very genuine and organized.

Interview Questions

• What will be your greatest challenge to succeeding in this position, and how will you overcome it.   1 Answer