Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions

Interviews at Daimler Trucks North America

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in December 2015.

Interview

Invited to interview from a networking event. It was an in-person interview that lasted one hour with a few members of the development team and a product owner. The interview included a technical portion with two different questions. I was asked to take the lead in solving two coding challenges, while working with the team to discuss and come up with a solution.

Interview Questions

• Write a model for a deck of cards and two functions: (1) Shuffle the deck of cards (2) Pull card from the deck until the deck is finished   1 Answer

Center Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Fort Mill, SC).

Interview

In-person interview with hiring manager (Used Truck District Manager) then a a full day series of interviews with both corporate staff and executives, including most of the time with the hiring managers supervisor (Director of Sales and Marketing). He was not candid in the process about his management style (command and control) or the significant strategic issue facing the business.

Interview Questions

• Not a difficult interview series. Company appeared cheap by not offering to fly me in the night before - had an 19 hour day trip (from leaving home to arriving back home).   Answer Question

Negotiation

Limited negotiation. Below market compensation package.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2011.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager plus two employees. Followup live interview with hiring manager plus two employees made one month later. Then offer made two weeks later. Hiring manager appears to have the most direct influence, but HR policy seems to be attempting to level-set standards in an ever-changing way. A lot of the postings seem to be tailored to specific individuals with job-specific responsibilities as opposed to a general area would make sense to any external candidate. Some areas can get a willing body on board within two business weeks. Others take months or years (note: what candidates wait that long?!?).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Fort Mill, SC) in April 2010.

Interview

Very professional

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to rely on your sense of urgency   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in February 2008.

Interview

Pretty lame in terms of preparation. Used only standard HR questions and make you feel like a drone from day 1

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a negative situation at work and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, take it or leave it kind of deal

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview

I got the interview through my temp agency. I applied on my own for another position but didn't get an interview. They took about a month to respond to my agency rep about scheduling an interview. It was relaxed and only had one interview. It felt straightforward and the all the staff were friendly.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview

It was a phone interview, about 35 minutes long. I was interviewed by two people and it flowed more like a conversation. They said someone would contact me if I would move on to the second interview. I was called a week later with an offer without the second interview.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview

Submitted an application online and one month later, a recruiter contacted me and set up a phone interview with a manager. After the phone interview, I waited about one week before I was contacted by the same manager and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Interview consisted of a few behavioral questions and questions regarding my background and interests in the industry in which I was interviewing for.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email from the manager who opened this intern opportunity to schedule the interview after my application online probably a month ago. The manager interviewed me and told me that there is only one round of interview and he will make his decision next week. I was asked to walk-through my resume and several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story when you identified an opportunity to improve.
      Tell me a story about how you cope with problems   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Fort Mill, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

2 telephonic round, hr and transportation related questions, lean questions, project management. Very relaxed and it felt like a conversation. Good experience overall. 2 calls setup by the hr of the department in portland, there was a log of confusion and minimal involvement of he. No follow up was done

Interview Questions

• Excel usage and why interested in the role   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation