Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.7

Sr. Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter about the position, applied online. I was contacted later by the hiring manager to come in for an interview. I had 4 in person interviews offer a 3 week span.

Nothing unusual as far as questions go. Some technical, some pretty generic. There was a panel interview with some members of the team the position was one.

Aftersales Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

Two part interview, first 1/2 hour with hiring manager and second 1/2 hour with available team members. Questions and information throughout with an opportunity to ask questions after each part.

Interview Questions

• Describe a high pressure situation from past work or school experience and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question
    • In buying and selling, there are many moving parts meaning you have to juggle many tasks with different priorities and deadlines at one time. Describe a situation where you had an experience like this and how do you stay organized/prioritize?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

I am writing this review to warn future candidates from arranged interviews for positions that have been already filled internally. Unfortunately some companies have internal policies in place that require interviewing external candidates before an internal candidate can be considered. With that being said, the company conducts a pro forma interview with you for an opening that is already filled. This is exactly what has happened to me. I was invited for an interview, which turned out to be the oddest one I ever experienced. During the whole interview I was heavily and aggressively discouraged from this position. The interviewer was describing the opening as an extremely difficult and stressful place that only an exceptional and stress-resistant person could handle. While I am not afraid of difficult tasks and consider myself having a tough skin, I was not even given a realistic chance. Please note that I am aware of various recruiting methods, including putting the candidate in a stressful situation. But this was significantly different. Every answer or idea I provided was ridiculed. Even though my answers were compliant with governmental regulations. On top of that, during the complete interview not only one positive aspect about this job was mentioned. Not even after I asked for some positives. The position sounded like hell and mobbing paradise. I was very confused. Usually, there comes a moment where the interviewer mentions the good aspects. Not here. Finally, towards the end of the interview the interviewer has admit herself they already are bringing someone from Germany for this position. Sorry what? What was I doing there then? This was very frustrating and a big waste of my time. I later discovered an article about these type of interviews and the internal policies requirements. Some companies do it also to pass other federal regulations related to intra-company transfers and work visas. Please be aware that DTNA unfortunately does the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and case scenarios. Picking up something from your resume and passing a negative comment to see how you react.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Interview

very short interview .Only with Hiring manager and HR. No phone interview directly onsite. Asked most of the behavior questions. conflict with coworker and Ho did you do in particular situation.Team work.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview. I was asked 4 questions and then he opened up for any questions I may have had. I was expecting another face to face interview but instead got a job offer and had to pass a drug test and background screening.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America in November 2016.

Interview

Got an email from the manager who opened this intern opportunity to schedule the interview after my application online probably a month ago. The manager interviewed me and told me that there is only one round of interview and he will make his decision next week. I was asked to walk-through my resume and several behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story when you identified an opportunity to improve.
      Tell me a story about how you cope with problems   Answer Question

Engineering I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process was almost exclusive a test of emotional intelligence and to gauge my personality type. The interviewers were quite casual in dress and in speech. The process was brief (10 minute phone + 1 hour office interview) and they seemed very genuine and organized.

Interview Questions

• What will be your greatest challenge to succeeding in this position, and how will you overcome it.   1 Answer

Truck Assembler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Cleveland, NC).

Interview

Applied took 3 hr assessment at their facility, called in for 2 minute face to face interview then hearded through the rest of the process like cattle into the slaughter house.

Interview Questions

• Do you breathe? If so, are you able to breathe under your own volition? Are you able to while standing?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America.

Interview

I got the interview through my temp agency. I applied on my own for another position but didn't get an interview. They took about a month to respond to my agency rep about scheduling an interview. It was relaxed and only had one interview. It felt straightforward and the all the staff were friendly.

Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

About three weeks between the application, phone interview, and decision for an in-person assessment, which was held about a month later. Solid communication and incredibly detailed at the assessment but also very effective and efficient, which was a good indication of the company itself. While the interview alone was not terribly difficult, the circumstances (interacting with the other applicants, multiple activities, full day, etc.) were (I believe intentionally) fairly stressful.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself at an executive level?   1 Answer