Daimler Trucks North America Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 30, 2017

2.7

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

I am writing this review to warn future candidates from arranged interviews for positions that have been already filled internally. Unfortunately some companies have internal policies in place that require interviewing external candidates before an internal candidate can be considered. With that being said, the company conducts a pro forma interview with you for an opening that is already filled. This is exactly what has happened to me. I was invited for an interview, which turned out to be the oddest one I ever experienced. During the whole interview I was heavily and aggressively discouraged from this position. The interviewer was describing the opening as an extremely difficult and stressful place that only an exceptional and stress-resistant person could handle. While I am not afraid of difficult tasks and consider myself having a tough skin, I was not even given a realistic chance. Please note that I am aware of various recruiting methods, including putting the candidate in a stressful situation. But this was significantly different. Every answer or idea I provided was ridiculed. Even though my answers were compliant with governmental regulations. On top of that, during the complete interview not only one positive aspect about this job was mentioned. Not even after I asked for some positives. The position sounded like hell and mobbing paradise. I was very confused. Usually, there comes a moment where the interviewer mentions the good aspects. Not here. Finally, towards the end of the interview the interviewer has admit herself they already are bringing someone from Germany for this position. Sorry what? What was I doing there then? This was very frustrating and a big waste of my time. I later discovered an article about these type of interviews and the internal policies requirements. Some companies do it also to pass other federal regulations related to intra-company transfers and work visas. Please be aware that DTNA unfortunately does the same thing.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions and case scenarios. Picking up something from your resume and passing a negative comment to see how you react.   Answer Question

Engineering I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

The interview process was almost exclusive a test of emotional intelligence and to gauge my personality type. The interviewers were quite casual in dress and in speech. The process was brief (10 minute phone + 1 hour office interview) and they seemed very genuine and organized.

Interview Questions

• What will be your greatest challenge to succeeding in this position, and how will you overcome it.   1 Answer

Career Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2016.

Interview

About three weeks between the application, phone interview, and decision for an in-person assessment, which was held about a month later. Solid communication and incredibly detailed at the assessment but also very effective and efficient, which was a good indication of the company itself. While the interview alone was not terribly difficult, the circumstances (interacting with the other applicants, multiple activities, full day, etc.) were (I believe intentionally) fairly stressful.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself at an executive level?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

cool process! first I had a phone interview with 2 current interns and after a week hiring manager call me and schedule a in person meeting. He gave me a tour around the plant and explain processes. The position included variety of duties.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your self? ask about projects that I have done related to six sigma   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in April 2016.

Interview

I had applied online through the company portal. Was invited for a face to face discussion. I was asked questions related to my expertise and my roles and responsibilities in my previous job Recieved offer letter after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Questions were based on functional area and the previous experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much of negotiation

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in April 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with two Senior level engineers and one manager. Interview questions were based on what projects you had completed or worked on lately. They asked typical interview questions to find out what kind of worker you are. The process was simple and painless. After interviewing I received an email from HR that offered me the internship position.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your interests?   1 Answer

Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call for an interview the next week and a response within a week. The interview was casual and every answer to my questions exceeded what I thought I was going to learn. Security guy was easy to talk to and helped settle the nerves a bit. Noticed that Daimler cares about its employees.

Interview Questions

• No question struck me as difficult. Went through my resume, but the interview flowed like a conversation for the most part.   Answer Question

Industrial Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, some 1:1 and some group. Flew me to Portland and had a panel interview and met the director of the department. Then had lunch with the team. Delightful experience.

Training & Development Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

Submitted my resume and cover letter online. Originally learned about the job via a LinkedIn discussion group posting. The next day I was contacted by the recruiter to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went smoothly. Some questions from the phone interview: Why did I want to work for Daimler? What were my salary expectations? (I thought discussing salary at this point in the process was too early.)

Later that day was invited to a 3-person panel in-person interview by the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an experience of when you were frustrated in the workplace and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Daimler Trucks North America (Portland, OR).

Interview

Didn't have to interview. I knew the department head from Internship experience.

Interview Questions

• First day on the job, my boss introduced himself, told me he was getting a divorce.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was so young. Just happy to get a job. Was told compensation was higher than average because I had Master's Degree.